NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Personally feel FSG are cleaning the house so we are ready to go on a deal, I still dont buy Klopp didnt want players, its a front for the club who have something bigger going on and who dont want to bulk up a squad and jeperdoise investment.

Reuters and Bloomberg arent clickbait outlets, truth in the rumour, certainly something going on behind scenes.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:16 pm

parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:51 pm wrote:Personally feel FSG are cleaning the house so we are ready to go on a deal, I still dont buy Klopp didnt want players, its a front for the club who have something bigger going on and who dont want to bulk up a squad and jeperdoise investment.

Reuters and Bloomberg arent clickbait outlets, truth in the rumour, certainly something going on behind scenes.

That makes no sense, because selling high value assets (like Benteke) actually LOWERS the value of the club. Trimming down the squad wouldn't do anything to improve our investment potential.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_indian » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:58 pm

I would have to disagree with the last post.

I have worked in the city before and the value of a club is largely driven by the brand and status not by the perceived current value of the squad.

In fact I would say that trimming or enhancing the squad would have very little impact on the overall valuation so what FSG have done makes perfect sense.

Sell excess members of the squad (Benteke) because you are not going to lose out on the sale of the club valuation wise by doing so and conversely you can just pocket the cash you get in. May explain why payment by instalments or excessive add-ons were not acceptable as part of any deal.

Also, don't heavily invest in the squad either. You won't get rewarded as part of the onward sale valuation but will have to cough up the cash to help finance the purchases.

Here's hoping a deal is round the corner and helps propel our club back to the European heavyweight table where it belongs.
red_indian

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 pm

All i know is we failed to buy  LB, we got everyone else we needed surely?

The last few panic buys we made like Carrol, , Balloteli, Benteke etc.. were complete flops so better JK didn't splash out a fortune on the last day to pick up a mediocre player. If he  really meant to make a major LB change they would have sold Moreno ...?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:57 am

This makes no sense. If FSG were clearing out our squad, why spend £65m on new players? If anything, they will sell a minority stake. And, given the club is valued at £1 billion, they could get their original investment back without relinquishing control of the club. Win/Win
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:24 am

7_Kewell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:57 am wrote:This makes no sense. If FSG were clearing out our squad, why spend £65m on new players? If anything, they will sell a minority stake. And, given the club is valued at £1 billion, they could get their original investment back without relinquishing control of the club. Win/Win

most likely for better exposure/sponsors in Asia if they make a deal with the Chinese company.

Better revenue stream, more money, more investment in players in the future.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:26 am

red_indian » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I would have to disagree with the last post.

I have worked in the city before and the value of a club is largely driven by the brand and status not by the perceived current value of the squad.

In fact I would say that trimming or enhancing the squad would have very little impact on the overall valuation so what FSG have done makes perfect sense.

Sell excess members of the squad (Benteke) because you are not going to lose out on the sale of the club valuation wise by doing so and conversely you can just pocket the cash you get in. May explain why payment by instalments or excessive add-ons were not acceptable as part of any deal.

Also, don't heavily invest in the squad either. You won't get rewarded as part of the onward sale valuation but will have to cough up the cash to help finance the purchases.

Here's hoping a deal is round the corner and helps propel our club back to the European heavyweight table where it belongs.

Yup exactly, value is driven by many factors, including brand status, assets, owner's equity and debt.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:12 pm

metalhead » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:26 am wrote:
red_indian » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:58 pm wrote:I would have to disagree with the last post.

Yup exactly, value is driven by many factors, including brand status, assets, owner's equity and debt.

...And we have one of the best world brands in Football,
some well attained assets which now includes a larger stadium,
owner's equity is as good as it gets
and FSG (which many forget) wiped out (at least on paper) our debt.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:59 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Read an interesting article today. Apparently FSG is hesitating on further expansion of the stadium at the Anfield road end because of the massive walkout and protest over ticket prices.

I sincerely hope that he was misquoted and this is an example of trash journalism.

Because if this is true, it's an awfully passive aggressive way of blaming the fans for restricting the club's ambitions and progress.
Have a read and let me know what you think. I for one am not happy with this... especially now when there is a massive feel good factor about the club.
Really dumb to make statements like this now.

Sheer stupidity.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2 ... sion-plans
ConnO'var

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:01 pm

ConnO'var » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:51 pm wrote:Read an interesting article today. Apparently FSG is hesitating on further expansion of the stadium at the Anfield road end because of the massive walkout and protest over ticket prices.

I sincerely hope that he was misquoted and this is an example of trash journalism.

Because if this is true, it's an awfully passive aggressive way of blaming the fans for restricting the club's ambitions and progress.
Have a read and let me know what you think. I for one am not happy with this... especially now when there is a massive feel good factor about the club.
Really dumb to make statements like this now.

Sheer stupidity.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2 ... sion-plans

Im sure I read somewhere that with the new tv deal clubs could let fans in for nothing and still make a sizeable profit so I don't think it's the right time for any premier league club, not just us, to start crying poverty.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 am

We know our owners well enough to say they're not over emotional people, if the investment is warranted they'll go ahead with it. Your story sounds like a journalist desperate for a story "blame the fans' etc..
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:13 am

Reg » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 am wrote:We know our owners well enough to say they're not over emotional people, if the investment is warranted they'll go ahead with it. Your story sounds like a journalist desperate for a story "blame the fans' etc..

Exactly this ^^^
If there is money to be made out of further Anfield expansion FSG will dive straight in for the collection... And why not.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:25 pm

The only problem for John Henry seems to be the Anfield Road wont pay for itself quick enough to make it worth the trouble for FSG, so again an indication they may not be here longer term. Absolutely no need to be drawn on this anyway and spoil a good moment for us on and off the pitch.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion