Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:58 pm

devaney » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:55 pm wrote:£3.7 million was mentioned on Sky for Balotelli with possible add-ons if he actually performs.  Guess we can forget about those !!!  :laugh: Surely we can do better than a free transfer even for this grade "A" Muppet ???

Balotelli joining Nice on a free is basically Nice giving us £5m because that's what his wages save us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 pm

We've done well to get anything for him, to be honest. His transfer will go down as one of the worst....right up there with the likes of Sean Dundee, Andy Carroll and Aquilani and Diouf.

He's finished as a top draw footballer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 pm

What a completely underwhelming deadline day this has been. Have we been even "linked" with anyone to atleast get us a tiny bit excited.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm genuinely astounded we haven't been able to find an upgrade on Moreno this summer. I mean it can't be too hard too find a LB who can actually defend.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:07 pm

The money is there, but Klopp is one of those managers who only signs the players he wants. If he can't get them then he's happy to wait it out.

The main one I'm gutted about is Mahmoud Dahoud. A rising star who would have easily have improved our midfield and probably pushed Henderson out of the first 11. Perhaps we'll be back for him in Jan...who knows.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:26 am

I think we all have to be happy we got rid of ALL the dead wood in one transfer window.

I can't remember that happening for as long as I have followed this great club.

Like the rest of you I'm gutted we couldn't bring in LB as we are going to leak goals with Moreno in the side. Hopefully it doesn't cost us 4th or compound our results later on.

We are in such a perfect position to now start spending 40m or 50m signings on key players to really strengthen its really disappointing that we will always buy youth and look for bargains in the transfer market........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 am

Suggest this thread be closed until January  :cool:
Enough shyte rumoured for a while....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:03 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 am wrote:Suggest this thread be closed until January  :cool:

I agree ^^^
Great work by JK and his team in getting rid of staff for some very good prices.
Am sure it was more difficult getting players out than in during this window.
The cull had to be done.
---
The club has balanced its books and will now look an excellent acquisition to any potential investor.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:03 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:34 am wrote:Suggest this thread be closed until January  :cool:

I agree ^^^
Great work by JK and his team in getting rid of staff for some very good prices.
Am sure it was more difficult getting players out than in during this window.
The cull had to be done.
---
The club has balanced its books and will now look an excellent acquisition to any potential investor.

Great work? I would say another shiite window where we fail to address our obvious weak spots and don't bring what we need to reach our goals.
I'm surprised Klopp would be that blind to the situation where he already admitted he has a huge hole on the LB and his defense keeps leaking goals...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:44 pm

only me » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:22 pm wrote:

I'm surprised Klopp would be that blind to the situation where he already admitted he has a huge hole on the LB and his defense keeps leaking goals...

Kinda with you on that But I'm beginning to think Klopp thinks he's solved it (short term at least). By playing Milner at LB Klopp may be thinking

1, Milner defensively can't be any worse than Moreno
2. Going foward Milners not as quick as Moreno but delivers a better ball and can score
3, It's one way to give Milner game time   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Could have been better in terms of bringing in players and addressing our glaring weaknesses but overall with the trimming we've done we're in a good place to start adding moving forward. My main concerns are

1) The moneyball model is still in full flow
2) FSG care more about the books than the success of the team
3) The fans will ultimately pay for the stadium expansion
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Klopptomaniac » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:53 pm wrote:Could have been better in terms of bringing in players and addressing our glaring weaknesses but overall with the trimming we've done we're in a good place to start adding moving forward. My main concerns are

1) The moneyball model is still in full flow - IMO JK is a very astute individual and will show FSG the negatives (and positives of money-balling)
2) FSG care more about the books than the success of the team - possibly
3) The fans will ultimately pay for the stadium expansion
Who else was going to pay for it?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:44 pm

some people forget they just bought us a new stand
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Looks like the club are waiting for something to happen but not sure what, rather than spending to make it happen.

Klopp talked about doing it in a special Liverpool way and that translates to not matching opponents spend and trying to rejuvinate rather than replace players that have let us down, good luck with that.

We always have to wait for success, timorrow rather than today, and the club are fantastic at keeping us just on the boil rather than giving up, masters of propaganda.

The stand looks fantastic but we are paying the money it back to FSG, its an interest free loan but its very much of benefit to them as it is to us, and they have been very clever in increasing the value of the club without over committing in the transfer market and so I think they will continue on that path. Why pour money in for players when you can finish outside the top 4 and still grow the value year on year.

Liverpool is a successful business but not a successful football team, never has nor will be under FSG and another window closes with us making absolutely no effort to improve the team, then it will be January and nothing again, just more excuses wheeled out and Klopps smile for reassurance.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill