Burton V Liverpool - EFL CUP - Tuesday 23rd August 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:20 am

Missed the game. Wanted to know how Matip fared. Guessing from the score he wasn't tested very much, was he? How was the link up between the defense and midfield?
kartiek

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:02 am

kartiek » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:20 am wrote:Missed the game. Wanted to know how Matip fared. Guessing from the score he wasn't tested very much, was he? How was the link up between the defense and midfield?

He seemed very comfortable on the ball and linked up well, however we cannot forget the quality of the opposition wasn't really the best

I like Klavan, however when fit I can see JK pairing Lovren and Matip
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:04 am

Matip looked world class, so did Mane and everyone else. We finally have a squad that can destroy the likes of Barcelona, Bayern, and Burton Albion.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:15 am

C-R » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:02 am wrote:
kartiek » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:20 am wrote:Missed the game. Wanted to know how Matip fared. Guessing from the score he wasn't tested very much, was he? How was the link up between the defense and midfield?

He seemed very comfortable on the ball and linked up well, however we cannot forget the quality of the opposition wasn't really the best

I like Klavan, however when fit I can see JK pairing Lovren and Matip

Lovern too me is an upgraded version of Skertel but the same model....Physical and stupid...I really hope this Sakho saga is resolved so we can have Matip and Mamma start...If not i prefer Klavan.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Anyone else  find it a tad concerning that Lallana seems to fritter away possession even against third class players  ??? Great win and all that ,but Burton allowed us to see more space than the Hubble. I'm hoping with us now lying mid table and with the pressure of winning two games in a row now all but dissipated ,we can manage to raise our squad for the Spud'z game without prescribing the vitamin pills they sorely needed to boost their anaemic display against   Burnley.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:48 pm wrote:Anyone else  find it a tad concerning that Lallana seems to fritter away possession even against third class players  ??? Great win and all that ,but Burton allowed us to see more space than the Hubble. I'm hoping with us now lying mid table and with the pressure of winning two games in a row now all but dissipated ,we can manage to raise our squad for the Spud'z game without prescribing the vitamin pills they sorely needed to boost their anaemic display against   Burnley.

Lallana's been a tad concerning for the past 2 seasons. He's not half as good as he thinks he is and I'm confident that he'll end up bench fodder, once Grujic finds his form.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:03 pm

Derby away next round.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games