Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Must be that darn lime kit...that's 2 losses in this colour  :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:51 pm

It's not an entirely a bad thing getting thumped because it brings home the fact you have to fight for everything in every match 'regardless of the opposition '  It was clearly a match no player wanted to play ,and that became evident in the first 10 mins . So given the circumstances, I  expected a defeat or a lacklustre display ,but that doesn't excuse the manner we went down  , whatever 11 the manager puts out they have to compete otherwise inconsistencies that haunted last season will once again hamper our progression in this one. 

I hope that's the last time we see Manniger ,Wisdom and Moreno included in  the team ,and plenty of other players need to get their  acts together, notably, Henderson who never at any time looked comfortable at DM ,and with Can pushed further forward he practically  gifted full control of the middle of the park  to Mainz . Klopp will know what was good about yesterday's performance and he will know what stunk about today's.

I never place to much importance on pre- season friendlies as Liverpool used to regularly suffer heavy defeats and still go one to win leagues and cups ,but it still galls me to see players chosen to wear the shirt give such a lack of effort and heart in any game .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Beat Barcelona 4-0 on Saturday   :buttrock

Lose to Mainz 4-0 on Sunday  :(

Maybe not such a bad thing. Back down to earth with a bump.

In both games we've shown what the "squad" is capable of .

Can't wait for next weekend when the real test begins.

YNWA    :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Absolute bag of Sh*t this 2 games in 2 days.  Klopp needs his head testing.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:15 pm

leeroy74 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm wrote:Absolute bag of Sh*t this 2 games in 2 days.  Klopp needs his head testing.

Do you seriously think Klopp has anything to do with this schedule?
Pre-season has become a 'World Tour' for all the top teams now and Barca was our headlining gig at Wembley Stadium.
The fact that we played Mainz the next night (which no-one gave a sh!t about a part from Mainz) just show what a Holapalooloo its all become.
+ this Barca game is part of the Suarez deal which again Klopp has no saying!
---
Footballers are superstars on tour. Simple...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Now who within LFC hierarchy was stupid enough to sanction a game 24 hours after preseason tournament using some of the players that played against Barcelona? Poor planning and now we have a Grujic injury as a result of it.  :angry:
mramo

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:30 pm

Grujic injury isn't as bad as first feared, according to Klopp and he should be fine for Arsenal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:58 pm

Having back to back games doesnt really make too much sense to me when we are a week away from our opening game. Majority of the fitness work should be done now and this game today just seemed bit of a nuisance to be honest but hey ho done now.
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:50 am

Baffled as to why we decided to play two games at the weekend. Surely all this has achieved is lowering morale going into the game on Sunday
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 am

mramo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 pm wrote:Now who within LFC hierarchy was stupid enough to sanction a game 24 hours after preseason tournament using some of the players that played against Barcelona? Poor planning and now we have a Grujic injury as a result of it.  :angry:

That's what I was getting at, 2 games within 24 hours and Klopp picked the team. He included players that played against Barca and will feature against Arsnel. Those first teamers should've been no where near that team sheet yesterday.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 am

leeroy74 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 am wrote:
mramo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 pm wrote:Now who within LFC hierarchy was stupid enough to sanction a game 24 hours after preseason tournament using some of the players that played against Barcelona? Poor planning and now we have a Grujic injury as a result of it.  :angry:

That's what I was getting at, 2 games within 24 hours and Klopp picked the team. He included players that played against Barca and will feature against Arsnel. Those first teamers should've been no where near that team sheet yesterday.

Ok - let's try and break it down like this.
LFC sold LS to Barca - A deal which included '2 friendly matches' (so papers say) as a make weights to the deal.
This included Barca playing their 'top stars' in order to put bums on seats in fact 89,000 bums on seats! "LOADS O' MONEY!!!!"
---
Now Mainz agree to sell one of their 'top players' to LFC - A deal which included '1 friendly match' as a make weight to the deal.
This will have included LFC playing their 'top stars' to put bums on seats.
Now I don't know how many turned up last night, but Mainz will have made good money from this arrangement.
---
SO - I conclude again - this has nothing to do with football. This has everything to do with business.
Yes - some are upset because Grujic (a player who cost us very little but looks set to become another master-piece of Klopp development work) got injured.
But if it wasn't for the savvy way LFC conducted its business by offering a staged 'friendly' for Mainz to make additional revenue -
We may not have got the player that we are now all excited about!
---
IT'S JUST BUSINESS...
And IMO - Very good business.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm

just play the 2nd game on Tuesday - f*cking simple
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:41 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm wrote:just play the 2nd game on Tuesday - f*cking simple

And so too is life  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games