Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Leicester considering Liverpool improved offer for Ben Chilwell, according to SkySportsNewsHQ

OR

Liverpool have ended their pursuit of Leicester City's Ben Chilwell, who is set to pen a new contract with the champions. (James Pearce)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:09 pm

C-R » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:Leicester considering Liverpool improved offer for Ben Chilwell, according to SkySportsNewsHQ

All these links to Willems must be baloney then if we are still interested in Chilwell, I can't see us signing them both.
Then again after selling Smith you never know.

Edit - just seen your post CR, looks like we might be getting this Jetro lad after all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:09 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:Leicester considering Liverpool improved offer for Ben Chilwell, according to SkySportsNewsHQ

All these links to Willems must be baloney then if we are still interested in Chilwell, I can't see us signing them both.
Then again after selling Smith you never know.

Edit - just seen your post CR, looks like we might be getting this Jetro lad after all.

Does anyone know anything of this Jetro? I haven't read anything positive about him at all
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:14 am

If I'm correct he's the left back that played for Holland in the 2012 Euros. He was a teenager at the time but he didn't look much of a defender.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Can't say I'd heard of the lad before we were linked with him, apparently he was tipped to become a massive star (Ferguson wanted to sign him for United) but injury curtailed his progress. He's still only 22 so he's only going to get better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Joao Mario's father has said that Liverpool bid £33.5M for Joao Mario but the bid was rejected, who is this guy we supposedly bid on ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Report in the Mail that we had a bid of £33m rejected for Joao Mario by Sporting Lisbon. Now this guy is the real deal and would be a huge signing imo. Thought he was excellent at the Euros and would be a signing to get excited about
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Can't say I was too impressed with Mario at the Euros, but I've watched him outside of that and he does look like a good player

Reports of Sissoko starting to surface again, would rather we didn't go shipping our funds into them again, that said I'd have rather had him than Gini at the time
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 pm

C-R » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55 pm wrote:Joao Mario's father has said that Liverpool bid £33.5M for Joao Mario but the bid was rejected, who is this guy we supposedly bid on ?

Can't say I'm that impressed by his YouTube video's, he goes past players alright but in a very scruffy fashion, the ball always seems to be ricocheting off defenders shins and bouncing off knee's and it all looks very untidy. Certainly doesn't look worth £33m that's for sure.
I'm not sure why we are after another AM either, I mean how fr[iggi]ng many does the club want? Coutinho must be off to Barcelona, it's the only explanation.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Exactly! I'd rather prefer us to be linked with a Solid Dm rather than AM.
I was just thinking about Coutinho, surprised there has been no real rumours. The lad does go on and off form but the talent is there to be snapped. Glad his still with us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:47 pm wrote:
C-R » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55 pm wrote:Joao Mario's father has said that Liverpool bid £33.5M for Joao Mario but the bid was rejected, who is this guy we supposedly bid on ?

Can't say I'm that impressed by his YouTube video's, he goes past players alright but in a very scruffy fashion, the ball always seems to be ricocheting off defenders shins and bouncing off knee's and it all looks very untidy. Certainly doesn't look worth £33m that's for sure.
I'm not sure why we are after another AM either, I mean how fr[iggi]ng many does the club want? Coutinho must be off to Barcelona, it's the only explanation.

Plus the price tag, £33 million + for this guy. I wouldn't mind us paying that for a top notch DM, but like you say, our club's fascination with AM's is quite bizarre

Perhaps as you suggest there is money on the table for Coutinho (I hope not had his shirt for Xmas lol)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:02 pm

Brad Smith completes his Bournemouth move, good luck son

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... ournemouth
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welshwizard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:26 am

Right time we sell Benteke we will be roughly 10+ million in profit from transfers. This Milnor slotting in at lb is surely a no he's a midfielder and not left footed for a start. We need a LB that is obvious to see and surely from doin the maths on figures a 10+ million in profit should make us push the boat out for a recognised lb I think that then should see us set for the new season.
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:44 am

Balotelli being strongly linked with Ajax, all dependant on them gaining CL qualification

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/balo ... he-latest/
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:52 pm

Welshwizard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:26 am wrote:Right time we sell Benteke we will be roughly 10+ million in profit from transfers. This Milnor slotting in at lb is surely a no he's a midfielder and not left footed for a start. We need a LB that is obvious to see and surely from doin the maths on figures a 10+ million in profit should make us push the boat out for a recognised lb I think that then should see us set for the new season.

I think we'll sign a LB at some point, especially now that Smith has gone on a permanent deal, by all accounts that Chilwell is on the verge of signing a new contract at Leicester though so it won't be him. It will probably be one of the others that we've been heavily linked with - Willems (PSV), Hector (Cologne) or Robertson (Hull).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill