Maureen United

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Hate Mourinho...but hes just delivered them Henrikh Mkhitaryan and big ibrahimovic.. he gets the job done

Thats the way to improve your squad  :Oo:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:08 pm

They will be stronger without a doubt.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:00 am

£100m for Pogba? The money in football is seriously starting to kill my love for the game
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Yup it is i was shocked at some of last seasons prices. 100 mill mark will be broken very soon.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 am

Manure got stuffed by Dortmnund 4-1 in their latest pre-season match  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:56 pm

He's also about to sign Pogba (arguable the best midfielder in the world at only 23 years of age along with Iniesta) to add to fellow new arrivals Mkhitaryan (best player in the German league last season), Ibrahimovic (best player in the French league and one of the best foolballer in the world the past few years), and 30mill CB Bailly.

With Mourinho, the new signings, and the young talent who came through the ranks last season, Utd will almost certainly be up there competing for the title next season. They arguably have the best squad in England atm along with City. They're still a Messi, Ronaldo, or Bale short of being up there with the Barcelonas and Madrid of the world. Meanwhile, we're signing Klavan and Wijnaldum; make of it what you will. How many from the list of 15 or 16 below wouldnt get into our starting 11 ?

De Gea
Darmian (LB)
Smalling
Blind
Bailly
Rojo
Shaw
Carrick
Herrera
Schneiderlin
Schweinsteiger
Pogba
Mkhitaryan
Mata
Martial
Rooney
Rashford

Add to that the likes of Romero, P.Jones, Valencia, Fellaini, Depay, Januzaj, Lingard, Mensah and some of the other kids who would get into most sides around us and anything outside a challenge for the title would be a disaster.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Im hoping they don't get Pogba
But yeah i agree they will be competing for the title no doubt. It will be a Manchester 2 horse race.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 pm

I reckon 2 horse Manchester race for the title. I hope I'm wrong and Jose has been sussed but I'm not confident
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:28 pm

It would be awesome to see this tw.at fail.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:12 am

It would be...but now they have Pogba...theyll take some beating. The guys a monster of a player  can see them winning the league now  :veryangry
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:58 am

United have a lot of money to spend. Pogba is a top player but 89 Mill is way overboard.

Yup i agree he will strengthen them even more now. Title will be between them and City.
Everytime Ibra scores or Pogba plays well the media will have a w.ankfest.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 am

Signings like this will inevitably lead to the European super league imo. The fees and wages are through the roof it puts anyone in our league bar City out of contention. No other club in this country can even begin to compete with the fee the've paid never mind the wage

To me there's no achievement in winning the league if you're essentially playing by yourself
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 pm

I actually wish it could go back to the days when players played for the game, when wages were only slightly higher than your average Joe doing a shift in the factory. Back to the day when scouts went out looking at lower league sides like Doncaster Rovers or Carlisle Utd to find that hidden gem that would sign a contract because at the top of the headed paper it said 'Liverpool Football Club' and not at the bottom where it now says £300k per week. a time when Emlyn Hughes put the shirt on and would've died on the pitch for the crest. A time when winning the FA Cup was one of the greatest achievements in club football and the players would treat it as such, unlike today when winning the FA cup and nothing else for a team like Man Utd will be seen as failure. Money has f*cking ruined this game I've loved for over 30 years.

stop the world and let me off.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Agree mate...its certainly not the same game anymore. I know people who have completely lost all interest in even watching football now because of the overpaid players and multi financed clubs.  The more money as person gets the greedier they become.. :nod it breeds

Id love to see Mourinho at a lower level club. I dont think he would do much to be honest
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Pogba is just a $hit Carlton Palmer
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion