Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I reckon we'll play 4-2-3-1 and Klopp will more than likely rotate Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana/Mane in that 3 behind the striker.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm

If Mane was plying his trade for Dortmund we would all be raving about the swoop ,but as it is, he's only a player a very astute Dutch manager picked up from the Austrian League ,and now he plays for unfashionable Southampton. Lets throw all the irrelevant stuff like he's freakishly fast ,has sublime ball control and makes the type of assists
Sterling and Ibe could only dream about, and oh ,the lad scores goals as well .....No ,rather we dwell on the uncool team he's coming from  ???

I personally  think we will be joined by a few late comers in trying to procure his signature ,but I hope we can get the deal done quickly and with the minimum of faffing about ,because after being courted by United ,linked to Chelsea ,and not least Bayern Munich the lad seems to have chosen a certain enigmatic German .

Koeman chose Mane for his performances in the Austrian league ,what beggars belief is  teams like Southampton ,and Leicester can pick up absolute gems like Mane and Kante for peanuts in monetary terms and we cant!   

Klopp could turn Mane into an absolute superstar to the extent he made Aubameyang the most sought after player in the Bundesliga ,I mean that's who he wants ,so lets see what he does with him  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm wrote:Looks like Mane is going to be the first big call by Klopp. I've always viewed him as a typical inconsistent midtable player but it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Klopp wanted pace at the top of the pitch and Mane certainly brings that. You would assume he'll play on the right wing.

Last season he scored just 2 goals more than Benteke (who barely featured) although to be fair 11 goals (plus plenty of assists) is a more than decent return for a wide player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Mane would be a good buy in my opinion, I rate him.

Downside is another Saints player and its become uncomfortable at this point and another inflated fee.

What are our own recruitment people doing, they must be embaressed.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:06 pm wrote:Looks like Mane is going to be the first big call by Klopp. I've always viewed him as a typical inconsistent midtable player but it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Klopp wanted pace at the top of the pitch and Mane certainly brings that. You would assume he'll play on the right wing.

Last season he scored just 2 goals more than Benteke (who barely featured) although to be fair 11 goals (plus plenty of assists) is a more than decent return for a wide player.

Yep, for a wide player it's a very good contribution.  If he got that number of goals for us in the league, I'd be happy.  Also his pace and directness will create space for the likes of Firmino and Coutinho. Mane has the ability to take defenders out the game which creates space for ourent other players
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:19 pm wrote:

Yep, for a wide player it's a very good contribution.  If he got that number of goals for us in the league, I'd be happy.  Also his pace and directness will create space for the likes of Firmino and Coutinho. Mane has the ability to take defenders out the game which creates space for ourent other players
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:55 pm wrote:I reckon we'll play 4-2-3-1 and Klopp will more than likely rotate Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana/Mane in that 3 behind the striker.

Mane is a slighlty better version than Lallana. I would hope we buy another AT mid aswel.

Mane  Coutinho  dahoud?

Sturridge
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm

Dahoud plays centrally and I doubt very much he is going to leave as Borussia Mönchengladbach have already lost 2 CMs in Xhaka and Nordtveit. It probably looks something like this right now. Not convinced Zieliński will go straight into the first 11.

Karius

Clyne     Matip     Sakho     Chilwell

Can     ???

Mane     Firmino     Coutinho

Sturridge
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Eagle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm wrote:Dahoud plays centrally and I doubt very much he is going to leave as Borussia Mönchengladbach have already lost 2 CMs in Xhaka and Nordtveit. It probably looks something like this right now. Not convinced Zieliński will go straight into the first 11.

Karius

Can     ???

Sturridge

I like the attacking line up there.. creative players mixed with pace. I'd prefer a stopper to play alongside Can, a player like Kante/Matuidi.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:28 pm

So Mane apparently due in for a medical tomorrow. £30M fee being mentioned
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:02 am

Eagle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:47 pm wrote:Dahoud plays centrally and I doubt very much he is going to leave as Borussia Mönchengladbach have already lost 2 CMs in Xhaka and Nordtveit. It probably looks something like this right now. Not convinced Zieliński will go straight into the first 11.

Karius

Can     ???

Sturridge

I forgot about Firmino.
Yeah most likely looks like that.

Well seems like will be getting Mane now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:38 am

I remember thinking it looked like Mane was off to united at the beginning of the season and being pretty bummed about that. Not because we were linked with him, but because I think he's a very good player that can cause a lot of damage.

I think this will be good for us, maybe as good as signing Gotze. People keep complaining about signing Southampton players, but by the end of last season all of Lallana, Clyne and Lovren were relatively consistent starters (and deservedly so)-I would be upset if we got rid of any of them. Lambert has turned out to be the only complete flop of the bunch, but we paid almost nothing for him.

If the reported fee is true, he'd be the third most expensive signing in club history behind Carroll and Benteke.. so hopefully that's not a sign of times to come.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redshade » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:38 am

In other news reporting 23m fee agreed for Mkhitaryan by Utd.  Hmmm and by the way they dont have champs footy either.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:27 am

redshade » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:38 am wrote:In other news reporting 23m fee agreed for Mkhitaryan by Utd.  Hmmm and by the way they dont have champs footy either.
Good player but he's made it clear he doesn't want to join us on two occasions. We've got that position of the field covered with Lallana/Mane/Coutinho and Firmino so it's not a massive loss. I think we've got two more big signings in us and hopefull Klopp goes all out and gets us a world class center midfielder.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:53 am

All about the £££s when it comes to Mikitayrian. CL comes second. Utd have serious spending power when it comes to fees and wages and they have that draw because of there success is recent. I doubt Mikitayrian can relate to our past success because he probably wasn't even around then.

Anyway we are well stocked in that area of the field. Need pace and directness which Mane will definately provide, question will be hiw consistently in my opinion
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill