NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Obviously the conmen here before and Lerner at Villa were worse.
But I am just saying overall american owners are Sh*t or more Sh*t.
FSG are less Sh*t but poor nonetheless.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 am

FSG are business owners not football fans, they do enough to see both sides right, just enough to keep fans on side and at same time increase the club value for investors.

In those terms they have been very successful and its been a far superior project than G & H, but as a fan I want owners that care less about the bottom line but rather are infatuated with winning at any cost.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:27 pm

parchpea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 am wrote:FSG are business owners not football fans, they do enough to see both sides right, just enough to keep fans on side and at same time increase the club value for investors.

In those terms they have been very successful and its been a far superior project than G & H, but as a fan I want owners that care less about the bottom line but rather are infatuated with winning at any cost.

You hit the nail on the head all for your last sentence.
Winning at all cost is what Tweedle Dee and Dumb tried to do and ran the club into non-manageable debts.
They got us to a second CL final that we didn't win; but at what cost?
---
I'd rather us to be stable like Ar$nal than go back into debt.
WE NEED TO BECOME FINANCIALLY STABLE...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:19 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:27 am wrote:
parchpea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:51 am wrote:FSG are business owners not football fans, they do enough to see both sides right, just enough to keep fans on side and at same time increase the club value for investors.

Winning at all cost is what Tweedle Dee and Dumb tried to do and ran the club into non-manageable debts.
---

Winning at all cost is what Tweedle Dee and Dumb tried to do? you must be joking...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:57 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:19 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:27 am wrote:

---

Winning at all cost is what Tweedle Dee and Dumb tried to do? you must be joking...

Nope I'm not joking. They threw resources at trying to win that the club could not afford.
It may not have been ladled with gold, gems and diamonds, but they did run up huge debt in pursuit of winning.
I believe they even ran up over 50M worth of debt just on the planning of their new proposed stadium alone. Something that LFC (FSG) are now in the process of paying off.
You may disagree, but how else would you explain 2M+ per week in bank interests alone..?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:19 pm

JB, either you have extreme rose tinted glasses or you're simply wrong... we were screwed, blued and tatoo'ed by those b'stards.

They raped our cklub from beginning to end... I hope they rot in hell.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Reg » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:19 pm wrote:JB, either you have extreme rose tinted glasses or you're simply wrong... we were screwed, blued and tatoo'ed by those b'stards.

They raped our cklub from beginning to end... I hope they rot in hell.

Come on now Reg! Do you actually believe for one second that I'm coming to the defence of Tweedle Dee and Dumb?
I was engaging with previous posts of suggestion that the previous owners did nothing in order to try and gain success on the field during their spell at LFC.
I agree with you 100% albeit that your explicit words are some that I would not choose to use.  :D
But the facts remain that during their time of pillaging our club, they also invested in some of our most highly regarded playing staff in the entire history of LFC.
---
Gerrard, Carra, Alonso all stayed. In came Torres, Masc... And just so we are all on the same page - none of the players mentioned play for LFC soley based on a love and passion for it; they all reaped the benefits of high hefty competitive wages at that time and were among the highest paid footballers in the world.
---
All I'm saying is that Tweedle Dee and Dumb sanctioned those moves which we all thought at the time they were paying for...
Hindsight is a b!tch.
---
But for the record and you Reg.  :D
Hicks and Gillett were absolute C.UNTS in their time at LFC
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Nobody wants the club saddled with crippling debt but if you have owners with unlimited resources and a genuine passion to be the best then you really can spend at will. G & H spent money neither they or the club had.

FFP is all but dead in the water at our level so thats no longer an issue and oil money all but pays for any issues on that score to go away.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 pm

FSG's time at Liverpool has been quite tragic really so far.  They are here over 5 years and we have won 1 Carling Cup in those years while losing our best players to bigger clubs and retirement. 

Its not that they haven't spent any money, it has just been spent wrong. 
We signed Suarez, one of the greatest players ever, and then built a side around Andy Carroll... Downing for the crosses, Adam for the corners.  At the same time we got rid of Kuyt, Meireles and Maxi who were linking up fantastically well with Suarez.  FSG didn't want older players on decent wages.
Baffling decision to build a team around Andy when we had Luis.

We have also wasted so much money on 3rd and 4th choice targets like Balotelli.  We miss the top targets as we lowball every time on fees and wages.
This just leads to having a squad of useless failed players.

We sold Carroll, only to sign Benteke a season or 2 later for a similar ridiculous fee and then sacked the manager about 10 games into the season.
Baffling stuff again.

They have no idea how to run a football club and should look to sell up.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:11 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:36 pm wrote:FSG's time at Liverpool has been quite tragic really so far.  They are here over 5 years and we have won 1 Carling Cup in those years while losing our best players to bigger clubs and retirement. 

Its not that they haven't spent any money, it has just been spent wrong. 
We signed Suarez, one of the greatest players ever, and then built a side around Andy Carroll... Downing for the crosses, Adam for the corners.  At the same time we got rid of Kuyt, Meireles and Maxi who were linking up fantastically well with Suarez.  FSG didn't want older players on decent wages.
Baffling decision to build a team around Andy when we had Luis.

We have also wasted so much money on 3rd and 4th choice targets like Balotelli.  We miss the top targets as we lowball every time on fees and wages.
This just leads to having a squad of useless failed players.

We sold Carroll, only to sign Benteke a season or 2 later for a similar ridiculous fee and then sacked the manager about 10 games into the season.
Baffling stuff again.

They have no idea how to run a football club and should look to sell up.

It was actually under Kenny that Downing and Adam came to the club... this is what happens when you change managers often... what we are seeing now are the breaking apart of plans which were set under Rodgers. All the young player we procured are leaving without signing a new contract with us. This is the cost of changing managers like it or not and we are not a rich enough club to recover immediately... I just hope that Klopp stays for the long term...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 am

At the end of every season for the past 25 we've lamented how awful the owners, managers and players are. You can set your clock by it.

The owners provide the cash, which FSG have done in copious amounts be it for players or the new stand etc..

It's the club that screw up the rest.... poor scouting, poor decision making, the wrong players and poor performances on the pitch.

But let's not allow that to get in the way of a good story... '"Yanks Out!"

The Yanks should be demonstrating outside Anfield not the fans.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

parchpea » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:51 pm wrote:FSG are business owners not football fans, they do enough to see both sides right, just enough to keep fans on side and at same time increase the club value for investors.

I'm not sure any of the top clubs (nor the premier league) in England have owners who are football fans first.

Mubadala, Glazers, Abrahomivic, Uzmanov, etc... all care about making $$$ first.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 pm

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 pm

They will put decent money down for fees but not wages and generally with age restriction.

Almost every transfer deal is aimed at not losing or making money rather than just building our best possible team, and years if mediocraty under their stewardship tells you it may work on the balance sheet but not on the field.

Again we are paying for the stadium renovations on the drip, not a gift from FSG.

If we start badly and Klopp feels hes not been backed up as promised then he wont stay quiet put it that way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:29 am

Reg » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:44 am wrote:At the end of every season for the past 25 we've lamented how awful the owners, managers and players are. You can set your clock by it.

The owners provide the cash, which FSG have done in copious amounts be it for players or the new stand etc..

It's the club that screw up the rest.... poor scouting, poor decision making, the wrong players and poor performances on the pitch.

But let's not allow that to get in the way of a good story... '"Yanks Out!"

The Yanks should be demonstrating outside Anfield not the fans.

They have provided cash for player transfers based on a lot of conditions and stipulations first Reg.

How else would you account for the fact that over 80% of our players brought in under them have been under 25yo. More than 50% of them under 23yo? All because of resale value.

Early days but this same rubbish trend is continuing under Klopp.

As I have pointed out in the past this isn't a coincidence, it's a deliberate strategy on their behalf.

You keep crying out for quality key position players and to stop bringing in kids and fringe players. I have agreed with you time and time again.

Take a look at Leicester's winning side this season past, Mahrez and Kante (at 25yo) were the "youngest" in their starting XI. You need a balanced side to win trophies and that is what we have lacked for a while now.

All because of this idiotic obsession with buying youth and youth only. Arsenal tried this model and failed over a decade ago. 

And no amount of "returning us to profit", "stadium upgrades" or any other PR bulls.h.it spin is going to change my mind.

They simply need to go.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion