Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 30, 2016 7:06 am

What a signing Higuain would be!! Especially with the Mancs trying to sign him. Only problem for us is that he's 28 and would cost close to £40m with two years left on his contract. Would FSG allow Klopp to buy someone of that age with the risk of getting no profit in the future? Let's hope so...
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 30, 2016 9:42 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 30, 2016 7:06 am wrote:What a signing Higuain would be!! Especially with the Mancs trying to sign him. Only problem for us is that he's 28 and would cost close to £40m with two years left on his contract. Would FSG allow Klopp to buy someone of that age with the risk of getting no profit in the future? Let's hope so...

What is an interesting thought as well is that last week Napoli were reported to be interested in Balotelli, wonder if a part ex could be an option ???
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon May 30, 2016 10:47 am

eds » Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 am wrote:
Dev what achievements do we want to be congratulating FSG on?

After 6 long seasons we have won 1 league cup under them and continued to under-performed in the league, 5 out of 6 seasons.

Now looking into our 7th season, I will say that again so it sinks in, our 7th season under them we are no closer than we were in their first year.

Their obsession with over spending on youth and refusing to spend money on established players has cost this club dearly. Where is our leadership and who are our fulcrum players right now?

We all know Rodgers was nothing more than a clever salesman, that should NEVER have been here. He will never amount to anything but for some inexplicable reason, that will never sink in with the likes of you and rest of the cultists on here. The fact that our owners kept persisting with someone who was never going to fit in, speaks volumes of their ineptitude. It also highlights what a great player Suarez was when he was here, under a mediocre manager. 

As for Klopp I do remember quiet well that I criticized both him and the players on a woeful 2nd half in the UEFA Cup final which cost us a spot in next season's CL. A competition which he would have done well in, if he had the right players and free reign to bring in who he wants. But I'm still not convinced that is going to happen, another alarming pattern is still unfolding in that every player we have brought in under Klopp and are linked with is currently under 25 years of age. We aren't going anywhere under FSG and sadly only a few on this forum are slowly waking up to the lies, rubbish and propaganda they have spoon fed you since taking over.

we mustn't forget how very lucky we are to have you on the forum, eds. showing us poor gullible fools just how wrong we are with your amazing insight and power to behold the truth. i advise everyone else to refrain from posting and just marvel in the wisdom and certainty of our good friend. never forget what idiots you are in comparison.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 pm

andy_g » Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am wrote:

After 6 long seasons we have won 1 league cup under them and continued to under-performed in the league, 5 out of 6 seasons.

Now looking into our 7th season, I will say that again so it sinks in, our 7th season under them we are no closer than we were in their first year.

Their obsession with over spending on youth and refusing to spend money on established players has cost this club dearly. Where is our leadership and who are our fulcrum players right now?

We all know Rodgers was nothing more than a clever salesman, that should NEVER have been here. He will never amount to anything but for some inexplicable reason, that will never sink in with the likes of you and rest of the cultists on here. The fact that our owners kept persisting with someone who was never going to fit in, speaks volumes of their ineptitude. It also highlights what a great player Suarez was when he was here, under a mediocre manager. 

As for Klopp I do remember quiet well that I criticized both him and the players on a woeful 2nd half in the UEFA Cup final which cost us a spot in next season's CL. A competition which he would have done well in, if he had the right players and free reign to bring in who he wants. But I'm still not convinced that is going to happen, another alarming pattern is still unfolding in that every player we have brought in under Klopp and are linked with is currently under 25 years of age. We aren't going anywhere under FSG and sadly only a few on this forum are slowly waking up to the lies, rubbish and propaganda they have spoon fed you since taking over.

we mustn't forget how very lucky we are to have you on the forum, eds. showing us poor gullible fools just how wrong we are with your amazing insight and power to behold the truth. i advise everyone else to refrain from posting and just marvel in the wisdom and certainty of our good friend. never forget what idiots you are in comparison.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon May 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Higuain?
FFS, wake up!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Higuain would be a dream signing. But its just wishful thinking.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 pm

With no European football 3 CF's (Sturridge, Origi and Ings) should be more than enough cover for next season.
Imo we need to be signing quality CM's and AM's, not CF's, we need players that can dictate games, all we have at the moment are players that just run round a lot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2016 10:07 pm

Still lots of reports linking us to Dahoud. In fact, Radio 5 is saying that we're putting considerable effort into bringing him in.

Also reports surfacing that we AGREED personal terms with Gotze in JANUARY for a summer move. Apparently he was also looking into places to live, only to then have a last min change of heart which resulted in him sacking his agent. The deal isn't completely off, but he's refusing to do anything until after the Euros.

Knowing our luck, he'll end up at Manure  :glare:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 30, 2016 11:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 pm wrote:With no European football 3 CF's (Sturridge, Origi and Ings) should be more than enough cover for next season.
Imo we need to be signing quality CM's and AM's, not CF's, we need players that can dictate games, all we have at the moment are players that just run round a lot.

3 strikers would be enough yakka if it wasn't those 3. We have been foolish enough to rely on Sturridge for the last 2 seasons and to make it a 3rd would be criminal. Origi has done well in spurts this season but for me his best work is done out wide as he is still a bit raw in front of goal. That leaves ing's who by all accounts will work his socks off but he doesn't have the strike rate that we will need. Its highly likely that Sturridge will be in and out of the side next season so I think if we really want to make waves into that top 4 then we will need another.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2016 11:16 am wrote:With no European football 3 CF's (Sturridge, Origi and Ings) should be more than enough cover for next season.

On paper, that looks ok, but I feel like we always say that, just with different players when in reality the only stability we've had in recent times was the one season Suarez and Sturridge couldn't stop scoring. Last season we had 0 forwards with more than 10 goals. Our top goal scorer was Firmino, followed by Benteke (who nobody plans on being around/utilizing next year), then a tie between Coutinho and Sturridge. Obviously Sturridge only played a handful of games, but at this point we can't expect anything different. How many games did we play this season with no forward, and only Firmino as a false 9?

Having a consistently scoring striker like Higuain would be a game changer for us, and actually give us options. Maybe that position isn't the #1 priority, but I wouldn't consider turning down the chance to sign a player like Higuain. Unfortunately, I just don't believe this rumor.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Tue May 31, 2016 5:41 am

Would anyone take back Pepe Reina ???

Some reports last night linking him with a move back to the club.  -If- this did happen it would surely mark the end of Mignolet at the club
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 31, 2016 7:29 am

C-R » Tue May 31, 2016 5:41 am wrote:Would anyone take back Pepe Reina ???

Some reports last night linking him with a move back to the club.  -If- this did happen it would surely mark the end of Mignolet at the club

Although 34 this summer Goalies have a longer shelf life than outfield players. I'd deffo take him on the understanding he'd have to fight for his starting spot . With him, the new fella Karius and Mignolet our keeper situation would be sorted.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 am

Come on lads, he'd gone well off the boil when he left, he was making some awful mistakes.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue May 31, 2016 9:25 am

devaney » Mon May 30, 2016 2:07 pm wrote:
andy_g » Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I admire that you lads find the funnier side of how utterly sh.it the last six years have been under FSG.

Oh well we can't all be mindless lemmings, it does take a special kind of idiot (or two) to revel in mediocrity.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 31, 2016 12:13 pm

woof woof ! » Tue May 31, 2016 6:29 am wrote:
C-R » Tue May 31, 2016 5:41 am wrote:Would anyone take back Pepe Reina ???

Although 34 this summer Goalies have a longer shelf life than outfield players. I'd deffo take him on the understanding he'd have to fight for his starting spot . With him, the new fella Karius and Mignolet our keeper situation would be sorted.

who will bw first choice though? goal keepers need to olay consistently. they dont like being chopped and changed...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill