Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Assuming Skrtel and Toure go that would see us with Lovren and Sakho on his ban.

I suspect that with Matip we will definately buy at least one if not 2 to cover that ban time.

These names are reasonable but I would prefer more agressive defenders, like weve seen at Leicester and Atletico Madrid this season, one of the latters would do me nicely, that Godin definately.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Every year, for at least the last 3 years we get linked with Javier Pastore, without fail we are being linked with him again

Very decent player, certainly an upgrade on some of what we have
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2016 6:12 pm

C-R » Mon May 02, 2016 12:57 pm wrote:Every year, for at least the last 3 years we get linked with Javier Pastore, without fail we are being linked with him again

Very decent player, certainly an upgrade on some of what we have

He's listed as a "Liverpool Legend" in my ongoing FM 2011 game  :D

Might just be a bit too late for him to make a difference now.      :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed May 04, 2016 7:43 am

A website that goes by the name of Football Insider suggest Tiago Ilori will move to Deportivo La Coruna this summer.
The Portuguese defender joined the Reds from Sporting Lisbon in 2013 for £7m.
But according to the report, he'll be running out in La Coruna next season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:48 pm

I championed him since we bought him claiming he is a future first teamer, however when he made an appearance recently he stank the place out so I'm not too sure anymore.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2016 3:43 pm

leeroy74 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:48 am wrote:I championed him since we bought him claiming he is a future first teamer, however when he made an appearance recently he stank the place out so I'm not too sure anymore.

Me too, he looked very classy when he first arrived and to be fair he handled Andy Carroll pretty well in the FA Cup game against West Ham a couple of months back as well, unfortunately though he seems to have some sort of fitness issue. I don't care what anyone says centre halves should not be cramping up every five minutes no matter how long they've been out injured for.
CB's just don't do the type of running to justify hobbling around the pitch with your socks rolled down by your ankles after an hour.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 am

Read somewhere that were linked with joe hart. Based on the rumour that guardiola will be bringing in ter stegen to city
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 05, 2016 1:44 am

Liverpool will listen to offers for Jordan Ibe this summer - with Arsenal one of the interested parties, according to Squawka. The young midfielder is expected to leave Anfield in some form this summer, potentially on loan, as he seeks more regular game time. Jurgen Klopp is reportedly still hopeful that Ibe can fulfil his potential but has so far failed to shine since the German boss arrived on Merseyside. Arsenal are believed to be interested in his services, as are Tottenham and Watford.

LIVERPOOL are reportedly preparing a summer bid for Ajax winger Anwar El Ghazi amid uncertainty over Jordon Ibe's future.
Anwar El Ghazi has scored 11 goals for Ajax this season. The England Under-21 international has played 36 games for the Reds this season, but is behind Roberto Firmino, Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana, James Milner and Sheyi Ojo in the pecking order.
The 20-year-old is considering his options at Anfield and could be allowed to leave the club at the end of the season in search of regular game time.

Reds linked with move for Firmino’s former team mate
Liverpool have been linked with a move for Hoffenheim forward Kevin Volland. Speculation has increased that the German international will leave this summer as Sport1, a notable news source in Germany, reported that would definitely be departing with  RNZ (Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung) newspaper saying the player has three possible destinations.
Volland, who played with Reds star Roberto Firmino before the Brazilian departed for Anfield, could cost as little as €15million and German clubs Borussia Monchengladbach, newly promoted Red Bull Leipzig, as well as Liverpool, are all reported to be interested in the player.
Volland can play right across the front line, although he does usually play as a centre forward for Hoffenheim. This season the striker has scored eight goals and provided 7 assists in 32 league and cup matches. He tends to average 8 to 10 goals a season in the Bundesliga but he has room to develop and it maybe a player that Jurgen Klopp has been keeping an eye on in Germany.

So much rubbish on the net.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 05, 2016 7:00 am

maguskwt » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 pm wrote:Read somewhere that were linked with joe hart. Based on the rumour that guardiola will be bringing in ter stegen to city

Please God no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 pm

Man City, Spurs, Udinese and Rangers are interested in Jordan Rossiter. (Daily Mail)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 pm

kazza » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 am wrote:
maguskwt » Wed May 04, 2016 11:24 pm wrote:Read somewhere that were linked with joe hart. Based on the rumour that guardiola will be bringing in ter stegen to city

Please God no

You mean we can do worse than mignolet?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 05, 2016 12:30 pm

maguskwt » Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 pm wrote:
kazza » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 am wrote:

Please God no

You mean we can do worse than mignolet?

Impossible mate... well actually there is Bogdan I suppose
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 pm

maguskwt » Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 am wrote:Read somewhere that were linked with joe hart. Based on the rumour that guardiola will be bringing in ter stegen to city

Hart is a fantastic keeper. They wouldnt sell him in a million years but we'd be lucky to get someone of that caliber.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 05, 2016 2:56 pm

aCe' » Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Thu May 05, 2016 3:24 am wrote:Read somewhere that were linked with joe hart. Based on the rumour that guardiola will be bringing in ter stegen to city

Hart is a fantastic keeper. They wouldnt sell him in a million years but we'd be lucky to get someone of that caliber.

Hart is over rated because he is English. I'm not saying he is awful but he certainly is not fantastic. He makes a fair few errors! I hope we can do better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 05, 2016 3:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICre_Ys8-YM

Do we really need a goalie that comes with his own Benny Hill music :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill