Liverpool V Villareal - Europa Semi 2nd leg - Thurs 5th May

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2016 4:13 pm

I get half way through a long post and can't remember why I started. Thats why we need to close one thread and open another so the short memory boys can keep up.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 2:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:To be fair to RBG how annoying is it when you write out a long, well thought out response to another post and then something mad happens like you press the wrong button or your wi-fi jibs it and the whole effin lot disappears into the ether :laugh:

Its even more infuriating when given we are supposedly entering the 'wise old sage like' age , you then cant remember the f*cking thing  :laugh:

:laugh:
What someone posts after their work disappears into the ether is usually the funniest thing.
Where the original draft might have been a long, reasoned, thoughtful appraisal of the deficiencies in a certain players game, after all their work goes west they usually just write something like - 'sell the c**t'  :D

Yakka to be fair mate when did you ever write a long well thought out response  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

As for VR I am reliably informed by Eds that they have never won anything and that they basically must be shight as they have lost to several very low grade La Liga teams this season. We can obviously ignore their achievements against Barca, RM and AM !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 5:43 pm

devaney » Tue May 03, 2016 4:07 pm wrote:

Yakka to be fair mate when did you ever write a long well thought out response  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

As for VR I am reliably informed by Eds that they have never won anything and that they basically must be shight as they have lost to several very low grade La Liga teams this season. We can obviously ignore their achievements against Barca, RM and AM !!!

notice the way I didn't use the personal pronoun " i " in that post mate  :D
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 7:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm wrote:What someone posts after their work disappears into the ether is usually the funniest thing.
Where the original draft might have been a long, reasoned, thoughtful appraisal of the deficiencies in a certain players game, after all their work goes west they usually just write something like - 'sell the c**t'  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:

A methodical breakdown of where the games tactics went wrong  suddenly becomes we were shit:D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 10:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2016 6:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm wrote:What someone posts after their work disappears into the ether is usually the funniest thing.

:laugh:  :laugh:

A methodical breakdown of where the games tactics went wrong  suddenly becomes we were shit:D

:laugh:  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed May 04, 2016 7:47 am

Hope to fk that our game on Thursday is nothing like last nights game between Bayern and AM !! MY HEART WON'T HOLD OUT !!  Don't you just love Simone !!

I've got a horrible feeling that Thursday is going to be fingernails down to the bone, heart stopping and very messy in the southern hemisphere  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed May 04, 2016 8:33 am

Villarreal CF 1-0 Atlético Madrid
FC Barcelona 3-0 Villarreal CF
Villarreal CF 1-0 Real Madrid
Atlético Madrid 0-0 Villarreal CF
Villarreal CF 2-2 FC Barcelona
Real Madrid 3-0 Villarreal CF

Outside scraping 1-0 results AT HOME against Madrid and Athletico this season what other results are we meant to be collectively shi.tt.ing ourselves over?

Madrid and Barcelona have put a combined 6 past them in both of their AWAY fixtures.

I never said it won't be a tough game against them but seriously drop the whole beating of the "world beaters" drum, it's making you look fk.ing silly.  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed May 04, 2016 10:12 am

Clearly they don't fall apart when they're playing big sides either mate. It won't be a walkover thats for sure.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed May 04, 2016 12:40 pm

eds » Wed May 04, 2016 7:33 am wrote:Villarreal CF 1-0 Atlético Madrid

Outside scraping 1-0 results AT HOME against Madrid and Athletico this season what other results are we meant to be collectively shi.tt.ing ourselves over?

Madrid and Barcelona have put a combined 6 past them in both of their AWAY fixtures.

I never said it won't be a tough game against them but seriously drop the whole beating of the "world beaters" drum, it's making you look fk.ing silly.  :laugh:

You go from listing a number of poor results against low level La Liga teams to actually listing some impressive results aginst the very best of both Spanish and world football. You have done nothing but give the impression that this would be a straight forward high scoring win for Liverpool. But alas suddenly you're suggesting that it is going to be a tough game. You seem to be actually debating with yourself and you think I look fkg silly  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I have never for one minute suggested that we should be collectively sh.itting ourselves as you so eloquently put it !! I have however always said it won't be easy which you now seem to agree with. We don't agree that Klopp should have got more out of the away leg. That's fine football is all about opinions I just happen to think yours are sh.it  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Liverpool newkit annual party.   https://www.riffsy.com/view/riff/5339656/-GIF
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

They have beaten both Atletico and Real Madrid mate who look nailed on to be the 2 CL finalists!
If your post was meant to make me feel better it's made me feel worse  :p
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

They've taken 4 points from 6 from a team that has reached the Champions League final twice in 3 seasons. 3 points from 6 from a team that may reach the Champions League final today and won the competition two years ago. And 1 point from the team that won the treble last season.

8 points from a possible 18 against three of the best sides in the world today. 3 teams who would probably all win the Premier League if they were in it. How many points do you think we would take? Clearly Villarreal are a good side if they have already secured 4th place in La Liga and are in the semi final of the Europa League.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed May 04, 2016 4:24 pm

The full pre match press conference

p.s. as I stated a couple of pages back, Emre Can is to return for the match as stated by JK in the interview :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 04, 2016 5:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2016 2:20 pm wrote:

They have beaten both Atletico and Real Madrid mate who look nailed on to be the 2 CL finalists!
If your post was meant to make me feel better it's made me feel worse  :p

The game has to be played at premiership pace ,we cant allow them to dictate the flow of the game like they did at their place. I think if we take the game to them and slot an early one they may just panic, especially  once the Kop slips into  12th man mode. I think in truth they will be familiar with the top Spanish teams and had ample time to work on their weaknesses what with playing in the same league ,in much the same respect as Athletico Madrid have become the bane of Barcelona.

We can present them with a whole new experience similar to the sinking feeling we gifted Dortmund  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

Deffo mate, as you say Spanish football can be quite pedestrian so to take this lot out of their comfort zone we need to up the tempo and get the crowd involved. I wonder if the fans are meeting the coach again? That seemed to inspire the players last time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games