DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Im hoping he plays in the 2nd leg. We are going to need to score a few so we need our best goal threat out on the field.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 am

Sturridge: “I think any player who says ‘oh yeah, this is the only team I will play for, for the rest of my life’, they are deluded. There are things I want to achieve with Liverpool. I would never say I am Liverpool until I die, because I would be lying"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... g-11265575
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 am

C-R » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 am wrote:Sturridge: “I think any player who says ‘oh yeah, this is the only team I will play for, for the rest of my life’, they are deluded. There are things I want to achieve with Liverpool. I would never say I am Liverpool until I die, because I would be lying"

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... g-11265575

Obviously unhappy. Think we're getting to the point we're the manager has to make up his mind (if he hasn't already)  either use or lose Sturridge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:40 am

Hope he stays, but think Klopp might sell if someone like PSG made a ridiculous offer. Still one of the best finishers in the league in my view.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:17 pm

I like his honesty. How many have come here and said "Its been my dream" "I have supported LFC since I was a boy" yadah yadah yadah, and have been absolute Fu*king dogshi'te.
Great player, held back by injuries and a weak mind.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:19 pm

If he don't start in the 2nd leg then i would say Sturridge will leave without a doubt. It will be obvious that his not in Klopps plans.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:43 pm

One of the best strikers around and we bench him for our most important game. Can't blame him for wanting to leave if he's not even brought off the bench in a European semi final with us trying to get a goal.

Has to start the 2nd game; a half fit Sturridge is still a better striker than Firmino and an out of form Benteke
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:02 pm

aCe' » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:43 pm wrote:One of the best strikers around and we bench him for our most important game. Can't blame him for wanting to leave if he's not even brought off the bench in a European semi final with us trying to get a goal.

Has to start the 2nd game; a half fit Sturridge is still a better striker than Firmino and an out of form Benteke

I think he will start the second leg but if Origi was fit he'd probably be on the bench again.
Danny is a top striker but Jurgen obviously wants a different type of player to lead the line for us, he wants someone who will both score goals and graft his @rse off, Danny really only does one of those.
Changing the subject for a moment I see Aubemeyang has been crediting Jurgen for his rise to the top, he also heaps quite a lot of praise onto LFC saying that this club is 'something special'. He said he'd like to play in the premier league too.
Hmmm.........
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon May 02, 2016 6:39 am

When you press high it just takes one player to not press to unravel the whole thing, this applies to Sturridge and Benteke. If our whole game revolves around pressing and some players refuse to press then I am not surprised they don't start. It is a team game and no one is bigger than the team. If as a player you choose to not graft then it is no real surprise that you will not be picked. I'd say it is quite simple really!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue May 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Sturridge does press... He is maybe not as mobile as Origi, but he does put a shift in up there.

Personally, I think the team should be built around him if we can only get his fitness right. Fit and on form he is a very good forward, and I would venture World class.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 03, 2016 2:09 pm

crazyhorse » Tue May 03, 2016 12:28 pm wrote:Sturridge does press... He is maybe not as mobile as Origi, but he does put a shift in up there.

Personally, I think the team should be built around him if we can only get his fitness right. Fit and on form he is a very good forward, and I would venture World class.

You are right he does put a shift in but since Klopp came and suggested that Sturridge needs to suck it up on the pain he has looked a little sulky and disinterested. He was banned from wearing his own apparel which may also may have had an effect.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm growing quite concerned that all's not well between Sturridge and Klopp. I hope Danny sucks it up and doesn't sulk, because these things only end one way. And I'd be gutted if he left. Not just because we've stuck by him through 2 years of injury hell, but also because - when fit - he's world class when it comes to finishing.

Sturridge does work hard, but he doesn't run his ***** off like Firmino and Origi. He's also prone to drifting in and out of games....albeit nabbing a goal when he drifts in. He has to do what Klopp wants, otherwise he'll be gone.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 03, 2016 9:32 pm

I felt he looked like he couldn't be bothered against Swansea. Just trotted around when he didn't have the ball. He really didn't look like he cared much.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like he's probably on his way out.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Wed May 04, 2016 1:52 am

Let him go... if JK wants to ship him out its because he has a better player in mind.

This isn't the aimless transfer strategy of Rodgers, trust him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Problem with Sturridge is unless he has a Luis Suarez playing along side him he generally looks average. Time to part our ways get a decent wedge for him and purchase someone better.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion