DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 pm

fivecups » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 am wrote:Class, class, class last night, brimming with confidence too. I think Benteke would improve playing alongside him.

I'd rather Origi with him to be honest, but I actually do think that Benteke should get first crack to see if it can work.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Absolute champion! Good decision to wait on him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm

We are a completely different side when he plays which just goes to show how good a player he is. He's not only got great movement and great pace he's also got the technical ability of a foreign player which means he has pretty much got the lot.
IMO If we can keep him, Coutinho and Firmino fit for the rest of the season we have a good chance of finishing the campaign with 2 trophies and a place in next year's CL (via the EL).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:20 pm

I agree when available DS is class. A perfect striker for any team to have. Maybe this new regiment Klopp put him in will pay off.
Really need his for Europa and league cup final. If his available he will make the difference.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm

great performance from the lad today great to see goals and energy. Hopfully he'll stay health and help us get a cup or two.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:21 am

Best striker at the club by a country mile. One of the best in the league...if he can stay fit. Fingers crossed he stays fit from now until the end of the season
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:53 am

Worry for me is if he stays fit the rest of the season he will be in the England squad where he will undoubtedly come back crocked.

Big decisions have to be made by the club about his future with us, tough decisions with the clubs' future in mind. As much as I like him and see his quality, the injury record is alarming. Injury prone players never suddenly stop being injury prone. As fantastic as Suarez is what is more fantastic is he never gets injured. Be it genetics or mentality the results are the same. What makes it tough is every year we seem to be losing a top player and we don't have many left. So to keep him becomes a luxury on a high wage bill, in which case we need to buy absolute quality to compete with him so when he is injured, we do not suffer. That player also need to be of similar skills too; quick, great touch, intelligent and composed in front of goal. Which really begs the question why we ever bought Benteke.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Sell him for a bag of crisps. Only problem is that any interested club, assuming they have a bean counter with a brain, will take a quick look at : fee, wages, and the remote probability he might actually play for more than 3 games a season.... And then duly turn the idea down.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Daniel Sturridge has to realise his playing future and reputation is at stake if he remains injured and gracefully withdraw from the England scene. No one would be surprised.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Reg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:17 pm wrote:Daniel Sturridge has to realise his playing future and reputation is at stake if he remains injured and gracefully withdraw from the England scene. No one would be surprised.

Got to admit I'm concerned after his first start in God knows how long the first thing he's talked about is England
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby mightyhugo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:32 am

Daniel Sturridge is a very prominent and well-talked England player. His fascinating talent will surely make him a very promising football player.  :eyebrow
mightyhugo
LFC newBie

Postby lucas8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 am

Daniel Sturridge is definitely a class of his own and a lethal player at that. Hope he stays fits til the season ends.
lucas8
LFC Basic Member

Postby FBmaniac » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 am

Let's just wish Daniel the best!! :unclesam:
FBmaniac
LFC Basic Member

Postby FBmaniac » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:32 am

redshade » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 pm wrote:I agree when available DS is class. A perfect striker for any team to have. Maybe this new regiment Klopp put him in will pay off.
Really need his for Europa and league cup final. If his available he will make the difference.

Agreed with you, mate!! :bowdown  :buttrock
FBmaniac
LFC Basic Member

Postby clydemark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Well done Daniel, showed everyone that your head is always in the game no matter what.
Looking forward to many more goals smile emoticon YNWA  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
clydemark
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion