JORDAN IBE - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:03 am

damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:58 am wrote:Looks like Klopp's new training regime is taking it's tool.

Posted in Klopp's thread on an article about Klopp's fitness trainer at BD who kept the team injury free for their title winning back to back seasons. Once he left, the players start falling apart like what's happening here. I hope that Klopp is not another manager who needs another key personnel to be successful, just like how Rafa was.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:35 pm

Wasn't there a link to Bayerns doctor for the summer?
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby the return of HAS » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:30 pm

His decision making is really poor. Even when Sterling was going through a similar patch he was trying to do the right things. Young players often go through these patches where they are not quite sure of themselves but then all of a sudden things just click (like Sterling in our title challenge season). Hopefully that will happen for Ibe. Would like to see him playing on the left cutting on to this right.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:34 am

I really do think that IBE's would make a better striker than a winger. He is muscular (his legs are as big as tree truncks). Has pace. A decent finisher in the box. He has most of the attributes to play upfront.

He does lack the game intelligence a bit (which I think is more important for a winger than a striker).....

I am sure Klopp can mould him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:05 am

Ibe and Can are similar in lacking game intelligence. Poor decision making and judgement. Their young and in sure will get better. Both have potential.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:57 pm

He came on as a sub for England u21's today and managed to get himself sent off for 2 yellows
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:39 pm

C-R » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:57 pm wrote:He came on as a sub for England u21's today and managed to get himself sent off for 2 yellows

Thought this would be his breakthrough year...Unfortunately his decision making and game intelligence has been pretty average to say the least...I would really hate to see him fade as he got really "mad" skills but must upgrade his mental capabilities.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Im struggling to think of anyone who has regressed so much in such a short time? If ever there was a chance for him to shine and prove that he deserves a place its now. Sadly he has gone backwards and obviously feels he has no part in the future of LFC.
Woeful
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 01, 2016 4:47 pm

A very one dimensional player. Perhaps a loan might help him? He still young but needs to start improving otherwise he'll end up being squad filler for the likes of WBA and Wigan
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Think hes had enough chances now and personally sick of the amount of time we waste on players who clearly arent good enough.

This summer we need to have a proper cull and ensure that our development squad is exactly that, young players and with a genuine chance of becoming first team players.

Ibe may still be relatively young but signed on at 15 so has had enough time to develop into a useful first team player, something he wont and never will be.

We hang on to people for so long, just incase, but jst get shut, you will regret a few but the amount of wasted time, money and energy put into ordinary players at Liverpool is staggering.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 01, 2016 5:24 pm

parchpea » Sun May 01, 2016 4:16 pm wrote:Think hes had enough chances now and personally sick of the amount of time we waste on players who clearly arent good enough.

This summer we need to have a proper cull and ensure that our development squad is exactly that, young players and with a genuine chance of becoming first team players.

Ibe may still be relatively young but signed on at 15 so has had enough time to develop into a useful first team player, something he wont and never will be.

We hang on to people for so long, just incase, but jst get shut, you will regret a few but the amount of wasted time, money and energy put into ordinary players at Liverpool is staggering.

Andre Wisdom springs to mind...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Wisdom is another but his new contract, im assuming, is so we get a better fee when hes sold.

99.9% of the academy are just farmed for money, loan cash, and small fees, but it needs to be lean and mean.

I saw Ibe play for Wycombe at 15 and yes he was a baby but I was surprised we took the punt, he didnt look anything much then and I would expect Liverpool to only be plucking out lads that are absolutely incredible, particularly in a world market.

In monetary terms it will turn our ok though as he will command a decent fee compared to what we paid and ultimately this is what academys are about, not producing first team players but a source of income.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Ibe has gone backwards this year but I still think he has the potential to develop into a top player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 9:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:24 pm wrote:Ibe has gone backwards this year but I still think he has the potential to develop into a top player.

Can't remember the last time the lad turned in an even average performance.

Some facial expressions against Watford seemed to suggest he knows he's under performing but is unable to do anything about it.

Can't believe this is the young player some of us though would blossom so much that he'd go on to outshine the likes of the departed Sterling.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Tue May 10, 2016 3:22 am

It's all over for him. Lets get a decent fee for him and get him onto his bike.

Klopp doesn't have time for sentimentality or any other nonsense.

There is plenty of deadwood at the club and players like Benteke, Ballotelli, Markovic, Louis Alberto, Allen, Ibe and Henderson need to be moved on ASAP.

There is a bit of money to be recouped in that lot, so the sooner we can be done with this band of misfits, the sooner Klopp can start bringing in the cavalry over summer.

The major concern is their crazy wages, especially Benteke's weekly payslip.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion