Movies - What have you been watching ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm

andy_g » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:46 pm wrote:and if you guys want a good russian film to enjoy i totally and completely recommend 'How I Ended This Summer'.

i just watched Birdman. its one of the best films i've seen for ages, and michael keaton is brilliant. the camera work and jazz drumming soundtrack take your breath away, the acting is top notch and its very, very funny.

Mate a while back I was looking for torrent for "How I Ended This Summer" after reading a very positive review, unfortunately I couldn't find one   :(   .  Any idea's ? 

As for Birdman , maybe you were on an internal flight when you watched it ?   :D . Personally I found it to be over promoted, was expecting much much more.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it BUT deffo a movie I wouldn't be arsed to watch again.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:22 am

Finally saw the Revenant the other day at the flicks with the wife and came away feeling rather underwhelmed. There's a 1971 film version of the Hugh Glass story called Man in the Wilderness, with Richard Harris in the lead role. I remember watching it many years ago and thought it was pretty good. Seems to me DiCaprio is content taking the acclaim for a non original idea.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sidneyrain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Movies... I love movies! :)

Been an on and off movie fan in the past years hehe.

The unforgettable one I have seen lately is Pan's Labyrinth (Spanish title: El labirinto del fauno). Directed by Guillermo del Torro. (The same guy for the Hell Boy films right?) It's quite old, released perhaps more than a decade ago. Though its main character is a young girl, some online articles consider it as "fantasy for adults" for its graphic content and some violence. (It was set during the Spanish Civil War era, so the violence part is a given, I guess.) But I find it as a film with a good story. I recommend it to you guys :)
sidneyrain
LFC Basic Member

Postby FBmaniac » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:29 pm

I can recommend the Japanese version of the movie "THE RING" it's freakin' scary and after the night I watched it I wasnt able to go to sleep. But the thrill feels good. you might dont want to go to the Bathroom by yourself. :ghostface:  :ghostface:  :ghostface:  :ghostface:
FBmaniac
LFC Basic Member

Postby clarky_boy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 pm

Resident Evil movies... Can't remember how many times I watched it. The movie was great, actors were good enough, and there was actually a plot (whoa!). Director has done a great job by having that video game atmosphere by use of light, but still keeping the movie tense. An action packed movie from start to finish.  :idea  :eyebrow  :;):
clarky_boy
LFC Basic Member

Postby Cakinionder1970 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:32 am

I did a horror movie marathon all day yesterday!
    :alien: Day of the Dead  - a  traditional zombie movies by far.I like this movie in particular because Romero actually shows a lot of restraint up until the very end when things just go completely insane.
     :alien:  Evil Dead 2 - basically it has some genuinely disturbing visuals, a few well placed jump scares, excessive gore and deliberate comedy.
      :alien: Army of Darkness - I don't even know how to describe Army of Darkness. An action, adventure dark comedy horror.
Cakinionder1970
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Deadpool, probably the best "super hero" movie ever   :buttrock

Definitely the funniest   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:53 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:41 pm wrote:Deadpool, probably the best "super hero" movie ever   :buttrock

Definitely the funniest   :D

Agreed, plenty laugh out loud moments and loads, particularly the 'you're blind' scene  :D

I hope they don't ruin this with countless crossover films and end up getting Deadpool tangled in their already messy Marvel creation
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby clydemark » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Recently watched the Deadpool and it was the most sensible movie ever "for a superhero" ha!
But the most epic part is that the guy there also was the green lantern! Is Marvel playing two-faced character now? lol
clydemark
LFC Basic Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:07 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm wrote:
Mate a while back I was looking for torrent for "How I Ended This Summer" after reading a very positive review, unfortunately I couldn't find one   :(   .  Any idea's ? 

i couldn't say for sure, woof. i pretty much always use kickass torrents so it was probably from there. i have it on my harddrive, but its 5gb.... not sure if the forum will let me post it

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:35 am

andy_g » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:07 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm wrote:

i couldn't say for sure, woof. i pretty much always use kickass torrents so it was probably from there. i have it on my harddrive, but its 5gb.... not sure if the forum will let me post it

No probs Andy, I finally found it and watched yesterday.

Enjoyable is not a word I'd use to describe the viewing experience   :D

I found very engrossing, and very bleak, but worth the watch   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anthony31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:28 am

I just watched BORUTO: NARUTO MOVIE... It's quite good. Try watching it.  :grinning:
anthony31
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:41 am

anthony31 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:28 am wrote:I just watched BORUTO: NARUTO MOVIE... It's quite good. Try watching it.  :grinning:

No thanks mate, I know it's massively popular but  Anime has never grabbed me.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:58 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:35 am wrote:
Enjoyable is not a word I'd use to describe the viewing experience   :D

I found very engrossing, and very bleak, but worth the watch   :)

i have to say i seriously enjoy a bit of engrossing bleakness  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Saw Sacha Baron Cohen's new film Grimsby at the flix..... fantastic, gets better as it goes on. Went with the missus who was laughing as much as me, I won't tell you the funniest parts but they're not the bits on the trailer, take your missus and go see it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum