West Ham V Liverppol - FA CUP REPLAY - Tue 9th Feb 7.45 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:04 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm wrote:I thought it'd go to pen's when Klopp took off Courtinho for some bizzare reason but everything he does/says baffles me so I shouldn't be surprised. We needed a goal and he hooked the one player who look likely to get another one or create one.

strange

He's just back from injury.
Do you want our little magician to be fully fit for Wembley or not..?
Strange you don't understand
  :D
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:28 pm

algymoon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:Bad result really and the idiot referee was quite awful, it was no free kick!, however all the credit goes to the younger players, they all have showed character and strong desire to win and be counted, which it is not so with most senior players!
It was only for the useless Bebteke we could have won 1-4  easily, He is really a bad finisher, and as I have said before that he needs 10 good chances before he convert one chance, having said that in fairness he did work hard in match, but he could have done much more, he only can alive when other two strikers were working beside him, and he was effective at Villa only when other striker was working beside him, He is that type of player.. A special thanks goes to the idiot BR.

Smith should be No.1 left back, and Flanagan right back, Moreno and Clyne ought be a back up. 
A special mention to Ilori who I thought he was excellect, clam defender worthy of first team football, he is certinally better than Sakho who is very clumsy and ball watcher. Once again Lucas was man of the match. The same player that the idiot BR wanted to sell him!!.

bizarre...  :0

lucas did very well for most of the match, seeing that he is not a centre half by any stretch of the imagination. man of the match though? it was his typical clumsy and obvous foul just outside the area that led to the justly awarded free kick that led to their goal. ilori might come better with more matches but right now he can only dream of as being a good as sakho.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:28 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm wrote:I thought it'd go to pen's when Klopp took off Courtinho for some bizzare reason but everything he does/says baffles me so I shouldn't be surprised. We needed a goal and he hooked the one player who look likely to get another one or create one.

strange

coutinho was spent, mate

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:52 pm

andy_g » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:28 pm wrote:
algymoon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:02 pm wrote:Bad result really and the idiot referee was quite awful, it was no free kick!, however all the credit goes to the younger players, they all have showed character and strong desire to win and be counted, which it is not so with most senior players!
It was only for the useless Bebteke we could have won 1-4  easily, He is really a bad finisher, and as I have said before that he needs 10 good chances before he convert one chance, having said that in fairness he did work hard in match, but he could have done much more, he only can alive when other two strikers were working beside him, and he was effective at Villa only when other striker was working beside him, He is that type of player.. A special thanks goes to the idiot BR.

Smith should be No.1 left back, and Flanagan right back, Moreno and Clyne ought be a back up. 
A special mention to Ilori who I thought he was excellect, clam defender worthy of first team football, he is certinally better than Sakho who is very clumsy and ball watcher. Once again Lucas was man of the match. The same player that the idiot BR wanted to sell him!!.

bizarre...  :0

lucas did very well for most of the match, seeing that he is not a centre half by any stretch of the imagination. man of the match though? it was his typical clumsy and obvous foul just outside the area that led to the justly awarded free kick that led to their goal. ilori might come better with more matches but right now he can only dream of as being a good as sakho.

I actually agree with algy, I thought both Lucas and Ilorri were terrific, especially when Carroll come on. That was never a free kick either, Valenicia was flinging himself to the floor at every opportunity trying to buy cheap free kicks so they could launch the ball into the likes of Carroll and Collins. How the ref couldn't see what he was up to was beyond me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Yakka the ref also missed a certain penalty for them but we don't talk about that !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:34 pm

I cant believe no one has mentioned Chirivella who I thought was exceptional in the middle last night ,particularly impressed with the way he always found space when he received the ball ,even at 18 he added a real touch of class ,this lad is going to be some player.

I also believe Ilori will get better with every game he plays ,his composure on the ball reminds me of Rio Ferdinand.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Yup Chirivella did well also Smith continues to peform well too.
Illori kept things tidy at the back. Seems like the lad had gained some confidence playing under Klopp.
Pleased with the youngsters performances.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Given our league position should Klopp have relied so heavily on a bunch of youngsters and Benteke? The kids did very well  but Benteke continues to disappoint. Firmino and Coutinho hve impressed when they have have played together. Was Firmino injured?

Not sure that we showed a lot of respect for the FA Cup. West Ham were always going to field a strong side. We gambled and paid the price.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:40 pm

I understand where your coming from  mate but also the opposite begs the questions if we did have our "senior" players would they have played any better??...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:50 pm

devaney » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm wrote:Given our league position should Klopp have relied so heavily on a bunch of youngsters and Benteke? The kids did very well  but Benteke continues to disappoint. Firmino and Coutinho hve impressed when they have have played together. Was Firmino injured?

Not sure that we showed a lot of respect for the FA Cup. West Ham were always going to field a strong side. We gambled and paid the price.

Bottom line is dev that you need to stick the ball in the net and benteke had enough chances to put that game away but didn't.

The young lads played well and put themselves about the pitch and I really don't think we would have come away with a different result if we had of started with the league side who already lost twice to them this season.
They deserved penalties last night but again failure to defend a set piece cost us a game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:20 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:I cant believe no one has mentioned Chirivella who I thought was exceptional in the middle last night ,particularly impressed with the way he always found space when he received the ball ,even at 18 he added a real touch of class ,this lad is going to be some player.

I also believe Ilori will get better with every game he plays ,his composure on the ball reminds me of Rio Ferdinand.

I've always liked how Chirivella plays mate. He always look cool and calm and his distribution is quality and he looks effortless in doing it. Reminds me of Alonso, this lad.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:22 am

johnbarnes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:04 pm wrote:

strange

He's an athlete not some 15 stone plumber playing 5 a side with his mates.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 am

leeroy74 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:22 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:04 pm wrote:

strange

He's an athlete not some 15 stone plumber playing 5 a side with his mates.

He is an athlete returning after a long time off the pitch due to an injury and Klopp doesn't take this decisions alone he was probably advised by the Physios on how much time Coutinho should be playing...Fact of the matter we had a load of chances after Coutinho left. Your Agenda is showing time after time...Deal with it BR is gone Klopp is one of the top managers in the world sit back and enjoy the ride.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:48 pm

I know it's early days for JK but 5 wins out of 19 games is anything but an enjoyable ride !!  :no

Injuries haven't helped. The transfer window was a damp squib. The biggest problem for me however is that we are simply incapable of scoring enough goals. Creation is poor. Finishing is woeful. Mignolet makes a mistake and he is castigated. Unfortunately at the moment any goalkeeping errors are exacerbated by our inability to score !! We spent a fortune on Carroll and it's looking like we have made the same mistake with Benteke.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:00 pm

="only me » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:58 am]

He is an athlete returning after a long time off the pitch due to an injury and Klopp doesn't take this decisions alone he was probably advised by the Physios on how much time Coutinho should be playing...Fact of the matter we had a load of chances after Coutinho left. Your Agenda is showing time after time...Deal with it BR is gone Klopp is one of the top managers in the world sit back and enjoy the ride.

what agenda you cretin? I'm glad BR has gone, he was long over due too. I like Klopp very much, I don't 'get' him at times but I'm glad he's here. I posted this last week too so now who looks like a tool? well done mate, you're quite special.

:0
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games