Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:40 am

metalhead » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:59 pm wrote:haven't been into series that much anymore, just watching the odd DC comics series like Gotham or the arrow.

Too geeky?

Hey MH mate
You been watching that new one DC Legends of Tomorrow?

Jury still out for me on that one though I am looking forward to second series of Agent Carter in a totally non geeky way :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 am

laza » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:40 am wrote:
metalhead » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:59 pm wrote:haven't been into series that much anymore, just watching the odd DC comics series like Gotham or the arrow.

Too geeky?

Hey MH mate
You been watching that new one DC Legends of Tomorrow?

Jury still out for me on that one though I am looking forward to second series of Agent Carter in a totally non geeky way :D

Hi Laza!

Yup!  :nod 

it's alright so far, not as good as the flash when it came out. Not sure if I should watch supergirl but CW will release an episode where supergirl and the flash will team up, so now I'm KINDA forced to watch it.

Not a huge fan of Marvel, but Jessica Jones is pretty good!

In a non total geek way that is..

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:50 pm

anyone been watching The Leftovers? really excellent stuff. basically, one day 2% of the world's population just disappears into thin air and the series deals with the aftermath in peoples' lives, hearts and minds. some trying to carry on as normal and some trying to make sure it can't be normal again.

one of the guys who made Lost is involved so you can imagine some of the weirdness that goes on, not that it gets anywhere near Lost levels though. season one was excellent, though not exactly the most uplifting and life affirming stuff you could watch. season two has started off in superb form with a bunch of new ideas and directions.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Been watching Spotless ,thus far I'm totally engrossed ,here's a small taster for those interested in watching a quality crime series, and I mean' quality '

http://tv.esquire.com/videos/72066-spotless-trailer-coming-this-fall
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:12 am

Is True Detective season 2 worth watching? Saw the first season and I loved it but it's a common opinion on the interwebz that season 2 is not even close to being as good as season 1. Just wondering if it's worth my time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:51 pm

damjan193 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:12 pm wrote:Is True Detective season 2 worth watching? Saw the first season and I loved it but it's a common opinion on the interwebz that season 2 is not even close to being as good as season 1. Just wondering if it's worth my time.

I gave up on it after 3-4 episodes mate. I'm a big fan of season 1 so I tried to endure, but proofed to be too much. It was just so draggy without the suspense of season 1. Weird accent by Collin Farrell and weird way of speaking by Vince Vaughn.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:49 pm

maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:51 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:12 pm wrote:Is True Detective season 2 worth watching? Saw the first season and I loved it but it's a common opinion on the interwebz that season 2 is not even close to being as good as season 1. Just wondering if it's worth my time.

I gave up on it after 3-4 episodes mate. I'm a big fan of season 1 so I tried to endure, but proofed to be too much. It was just so draggy without the suspense of season 1. Weird accent by Collin Farrell and weird way of speaking by Vince Vaughn.

Well I thought as much. Cheers mate.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:09 am

damjan193 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:49 am wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:51 pm wrote:

Well I thought as much. Cheers mate.

I found it start very slowly but it did grab my attention halfway through.

Certainly didn't enjoy it as much as season 1 but I'm still glad I stuck with it until the end
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cakinionder1970 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:40 am

At a loose end this evening? Video-streaming service, TV shows and documentaries to choose from. More often than not, you find yourself spending your entire evening shuffling through the selection trying to pick something to watch – before realising that you no longer have time to actually watch a film– and that can be a problem. :rasp
Cakinionder1970
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 am

Caught what, initially at least, seems to be an  interesting new show over the weekend.

Involves a guy going back in time to unravel/prevent the assassination of JFK.
He can only travel back to one moment in time which is three years before the assassination and he has to assimilate into a society completely different to that of today.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Caught the first two episodes of Vinyl

Set in the music world of the 70's I'm really enjoying it, I was in my early 20's back then and can identify easily with so many of the references and attitudes in the show.

I'm not sure if anyone born much after 1960 will feel the same affinity as I do for the show but it's produced by Mick Jagger and Martin Scorsese (who directs the one hour plus opening episode)

Deffo worth a watch if your remotely interested in music and the industry from back then.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Ive started watching game of thrones just on season 3 atm. Awesome series so far.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:40 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:04 am wrote:Caught what, initially at least, seems to be an  interesting new show over the weekend.

Involves a guy going back in time to unravel/prevent the assassination of JFK.
He can only travel back to one moment in time which is three years before the assassination and he has to assimilate into a society completely different to that of today.

based on Stephen King's book with the same title of course.

I actually read the book, was boring as f*ck so I stopped half way through it :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:44 pm

metalhead » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 am wrote:based on Stephen King's book with the same title of course.

I actually read the book, was boring as f*ck so I stopped half way through it :D

You should've got the edition that has pictures in it MH, much more interesting    :D

Anyway, the tv show looks interesting so far, can only hope that like the book it doesn't fizzle out   :(

Another new show that showed promise in it's first two episodes is "The Night Manager"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 pm

Get on House of Cards mate, looks really really good!

Still have 10 episodes to go  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum