ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Happy to see him add some consistency and more importantly goals to his game, hopefully it continues and he goes on to become an important player for us, i think he looks a lot better upfront then when hes played deeper or wide for us so far so it will be interesting what Klopp does with him if Texiera comes in.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:12 pm wrote:Happy to see him add some consistency and more importantly goals to his game, hopefully it continues and he goes on to become an important player for us, i think he looks a lot better upfront then when hes played deeper or wide for us so far so it will be interesting what Klopp does with him if Texiera comes in.

He will play Sturridge role and Teixeira will play Suarez role...

... And lallana will be an expensive super sub...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Great to see him finally finding his feet in England. I think he'll improve with more quality around him and easily becomes isolated when surrounded by players who don't operate his quick movement wavelength.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Just another mention for this lad. Think for his first season in English football and he has done very well
Got a good number of goals now and think with this season under his belt, next year he could really show consistently and do really well for us. The quality he has is quite obvious
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Doeboy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:29 pm wrote:Just another mention for this lad. Think for his first season in English football and he has done very well
Got a good number of goals now and think with this season under his belt, next year he could really show consistently and do really well for us. The quality he has is quite obvious

He's one of the few positives atm, everything else has pretty much gone to f**k.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Still not convinced about his work rate... I think he's scored some goals purely because we got no one else to score them and we put him as a centre forward. Even a mid table team's forward has to score his fare share of goals. Don't mean much.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:53 pm

maguskwt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:38 pm wrote:Still not convinced about his work rate... I think he's scored some goals purely because we got no one else to score them and we put him as a centre forward. Even a mid table team's forward has to score his fare share of goals. Don't mean much.

:Oo:
Eagle

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm

....and on more positive news Roberto has scooped the PFA player of the month award  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Well done lad. For his first season here his doing well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Amazing talent this lad. Him Sturridge and Coutinho will destroy people.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:50 pm

SkippyRed » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 pm wrote:Amazing talent this lad. Him Sturridge and Coutinho will destroy people.

One should be careful when one uses superlatives like amazing. Suarez is an amazing talent, messi is an amazing talent. Spiderman is just amazing. Our Roberto is a 'good' talent. But he is nowhere near amazing!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Even so he has done well this month, five goals in five games and MoM performances against the likes of United, Arsenal and Sunderland. He is certainly starting to look the part.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:05 pm

As I've said mate, Charlie Austin scored 18 goals for QPR last season. Do we want to sign Charlie Austin as our main striker if we want to be top 4? No.
Sad to day Firmino's performances are meaningless if we're not winning games.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:04 pm

maguskwt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 pm wrote:As I've said mate, Charlie Austin scored 18 goals for QPR last season. Do we want to sign Charlie Austin as our main striker if we want to be top 4? No.
Sad to day Firmino's performances are meaningless if we're not winning games.

We are building for the future, if more of our current players start to play well then that means we need less new players to build a good side.
If Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino hit it off then we can afford to channel more resources in to other area's of the team like midfield and defence, that's why it's very important that players start to perform.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Unfortunately for us ,after this season is done and dusted ,Firmino will be seen as a 'must have' for the likes of Barcelona and Madrid ...The simple truth is unless we surround him with World Class players he will always look too good for us to hold onto. I honestly believe he will be one of the most coveted footballers in world football soon ,he just oozes class.

God I've just depressed myself  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion