NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:15 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:12 pm wrote:It will be interesting and exciting to learn what they have planned for the future.
Hopefully it will be something that is inclusive of 99.9% of the LFC fanbase.
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:36 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-consider-urgent-review-10855258?

Practically every rival fan forum praising our stand ,even the Manc's although 'through firmly gritted teeth' .I hope all clubs take our lead ,its the one banner that unites us all !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:49 am

RE: Saturday's walkout is pointless because these people who have already paid so FSG arnt the least bothered they've got their money. The way to do do this is for all club's who oppose the ticket prices is to cancel their subscriptions to BT and SKY sports also boycott the matches too. Give it 4-6 weeks and the club's owners will sit up and take notice. The problem is the majority of people in the UK are fu**iing  brainwashed. It's time they grew a pair. And yes I done it in 2009 and have no intention of changing my stance
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:24 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:49 am wrote:RE: Saturday's walkout is pointless because these people who have already paid so FSG arnt the least bothered they've got their money. The way to do do this is for all club's who oppose the ticket prices is to cancel their subscriptions to BT and SKY sports also boycott the matches too. Give it 4-6 weeks and the club's owners will sit up and take notice. The problem is the majority of people in the UK are fu**iing  brainwashed. It's time they grew a pair. And yes I done it in 2009 and have no intention of changing my stance

It wasn't pointless, however you are right in the fact that FSG already have their money. It was a knee jerk reaction, rather than a reflective reaction. What makes no sense is that for 77 minutes the whole ground supported its team and cheered two scored goals. If the walk out was so important and maximum impact to be made - then why not walk out after 77 seconds, after a raucous version of YNWA?
---
Anyway, strides were made and IA is doing a Q&A tonight for those who want to tune in...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announc ... s-answered
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:09 pm

johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:38 am

Says vid is private.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 am

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/liverpool/story/2803740/fans-groups-to-discuss-possible-mass-premier-league-walkout

Fans' groups of multiple Premier League teams will meet to discuss a possible mass walkout in protest to rising ticket prices, the Football Supporters' Federation says.

The plan comes after about 10,000 Liverpool fans protested a new ticket pricing scheme for next season by walking out of the club's match on Saturday in the 77th minute.

Arsenal were also forced to scrap a surcharge after fans reacted angrily to a plan that would have seen season ticket holders pay more because the club drew Barcelona in the Champions League.

These events, coming in the wake of the Premier League's new £5 billion television deal, have galvanised fans against any rise in ticket prices, the Football Supporters' Federation CEO told the Telegraph.

"The FSF will be convening a meeting of representatives of supporters' organisations across the Premier League to discuss the next steps in the campaign. There are a number of options," Kevin Miles said.

"The Liverpool walkout very successfully highlighted the whole issue of the affordability of football and the clubs need to be made to listen."

Among the other options the groups will consider is a protest against club sponsors, who Miles said "may be more sensitive to public opinion than some intransigent club owners appear to be."

Our walkout has stirred other fan groups to act  ,it seems Saturdays demonstration was certainly not as ineffective as others would have you believe.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:25 am

Lets hope it evolves into a protest against the absurd difference between what players and fans are paid. If there was a salary cap then tickets would be more affordable.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:52 am

you know what, even if players wages were capped as low as £10k per week these lads would still play football because what other job could they do that got them £10k per week? It needs capping.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:06 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:52 am wrote:you know what, even if players wages were capped as low as £10k per week these lads would still play football because what other job could they do that got them £10k per week? It needs capping.

Then Sky need told to knock it off with their ridiculous TV deals. Someone at some point has to draw the line.

I've never bought Sky or BT or anything like that, I can't justify the price they charge, everyone needs to follow suit
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:54 pm

I've also never bought either TV package but we're just 2.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:40 pm

You're clutching at straws if you think everyone will boycott Sky or BT Sport. It's never going to happen....

However, you can make the TV work to your advantage....walkouts being beamed across the world are toxic PR for football clubs and FSG won't want a repeat of it against Chelsea. I'm confident something will be agreed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 pm wrote:You're clutching at straws if you think everyone will boycott Sky or BT Sport. It's never going to happen....

However, you can make the TV work to your advantage....walkouts being beamed across the world are toxic PR for football clubs and FSG won't want a repeat of it against Chelsea. I'm confident something will be agreed.

I didn't say they WOULD, I said they SHOULD. If nobody paid that ridiculous amount it would at least stem the tide. I don't see how people can complain about the amount of money in this sport while they fuel the machine. That's all I meant

Hopefully something will be done soon. Jurgen can actually play a big part in helping this, given he comes from the most economically sound league in Europe
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:54 pm wrote:I've also never bought either TV package but we're just 2.

+3.  I go to the local pub to watch the game.  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Reg » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:14 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:54 pm wrote:I've also never bought either TV package but we're just 2.

+3.  I go to the local pub to watch the game.  :buttrock

who pay Sky and BT Sport 10 times more in fees. There's no escaping it, sadly.

However, with Klopp's understanding of the German league....perhaps - just perhaps - he'll instil some of the Bundesliga mentality into FSG.

Here's hoping.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion