MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:41 pm

I’d like to see Sakho and Lovren be given a go too. With them both being natural high line front foot players they make more of a natural partnership than Skrtel +1 as his first movement is to step back and play everyone offside. I had written Lovren off too but he has been excellent the past couple of months and got voted our player of the month in December.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Said it a while ago, Sakho + Lovren (if he keeps this up) is the future. If we weren't so unfortunate with both of them getting injured we might not have had this defensive crisis right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:05 am

sakho is a bloody bloody liability.
how many goals were due to his faults in recent weeks?
too many.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:51 am

Octsky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:05 am wrote:sakho is a bloody bloody liability.
how many goals were due to his faults in recent weeks?
too many.

Not Many...He is the best CB we have...The Only one with brains and Yes his passing at times is risk taking...Thought the Goal from Defo was credit to the striker which was faster then Sakho rather then the defender mistake.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:25 am

He's been shocking since he returned from injury to be honest.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Got too tight and turned way to easily by Defoe. Typical turn and wallop it goal by Defoe.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Dont rate him and never have.

Hes the type of guy you want to do well but for a top flight player he is poorly balanced and isnt agressive enough.

Incredible he was given a new deal but its typical of a club without a direction or purpose this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 am

How long is this myth going to continue?
He is absolutely horrible. Terrible in the air, panics all the time, gets turned all the time.
I think all our cbs are not good enough, but Sakho has been the worst for a while now, which says alot.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:39 am

No way Sakho has been our worst centre back when the names Dejan Lovren and Martin Skrtle are still on our books.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:52 am

Seen enough now to know he isn't good enough. He should NEVER had been beaten by a 33yo Jermaine Defoe.

Need to sell him and Lovren at the end of this season and rebuild out CB partnership. 37m on these jokers alone.....  :no

I would keep Skrtel as he isn't the worst of the three and is at least a goal threat when we actually have a corner.

Does anyone know what is happening with Illori? For a kid we paid 7 million for 3 years ago, he hasn't had much of look in.

He is 22yo now, so I would give him a run of league games to see what he has and decide on his future come the end of the season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:20 am

I like Sakho, granted he's not in the best of form atm but im a big fan of his ability to pass the ball out from the back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 am wrote:I like Sakho, granted he's not in the best of form atm but im a big fan of his ability to pass the ball out from the back.

his "passing" 50-50 will get us into trouble.
for those who play football in real life know how hard it is to score with your back to goal and a defender behind you.
but sakho managed to concede that way against sunderland and norwich.
his hesitance on the ball is a time bomb, instead of attack the ball, he always wait for the ball to bounce or take an extra touch.
i see him being sold off soon.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:19 am

Octsky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:53 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 am wrote:I like Sakho, granted he's not in the best of form atm but im a big fan of his ability to pass the ball out from the back.

his "passing" 50-50 will get us into trouble.
for those who play football in real life know how hard it is to score with your back to goal and a defender behind you.
but sakho managed to concede that way against sunderland and norwich.
his hesitance on the ball is a time bomb, instead of attack the ball, he always wait for the ball to bounce or take an extra touch.
i see him being sold off soon.

Ha! I agree with both of you - but Octsky, you are wrong about Sakho's passing. He is a very good passer of the ball, it's just that sometimes he over-complicates things. He has been desperately poor of late, but I still think he is a player who could go on and have a long and successful career with us. He has been a liability in recent games, but I believe he is a better player than we are seeing right now. Form is temporary and all that...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Was doing well pre injury but lost his way somewhat after coming back. Not convinced about the Sakho/Lovren partnership. Think both need to be playing alongside an organiser, leader type of defender
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Wasn't that long ago Anfield, in full support, were shouting his name.

I know he's often looked a bit suspect but I've still got faith in the fella. Maybe he just needs a few players better than the current crop around him to really flourish  ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion