NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:22 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 pm wrote:With all the BS that's going on in the world today, children starving and dying of malnutrition everyday.
Meanwhile in England; the paying football consumer choose to walk out of their so-called beloved football club on 77 minutes; meanwhile their beloved football team get handed their a$$es by conceding 2 goals in the last 15 minutes of the match.
Jackanory couldn't make this up
  :down:

DICKHEAD
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:50 pm

supersub » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:22 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 pm wrote:With all the BS that's going on in the world today, children starving and dying of malnutrition everyday.
Meanwhile in England; the paying football consumer choose to walk out of their so-called beloved football club on 77 minutes; meanwhile their beloved football team get handed their a$$es by conceding 2 goals in the last 15 minutes of the match.

DICKHEAD

DICKHEAD MOI?
The great John Barnes..?

THE MAGICAL DICKHEAD TO YOU SIR!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:56 pm

To all those that don't just talk a good fight ,well done ,our demonstration has received world wide coverage.

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:00 pm

OWNERSHIP.
One word which means so much (especially in the eyes of the law).
IF we ALL (millions of fans) feel so greatly about this club.
Instead of paying for seats match after match after match for how many countless decades.
Why didn't WE buy and OWN IT?
---
Guess I'm a DICKHEAD for writing this too...
And wonder why business people take the PI$$ out of our club?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:06 pm

supersub » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:22 pm wrote:

DICKHEAD

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:00 pm wrote:OWNERSHIP.
Instead of paying for seats match after match after match for how many countless decades.
---

Business people are taking the rise out of our club ,that's why we're demonstrating ,and your talent for supposition even manages to supersede the improvement in your guesswork  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:36 pm

---

Knobhead
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:59 pm

supersub » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:36 pm wrote:
---

Knobhead

Good luck with that!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 am

I wish our supporters had, had the same level of conviction 2 years ago when we sold one the best players that had played for this club and replaced him with dross like Balotelli, Lambert and Origi.  :no

FSG should have been booted out of Liverpool the day we weren't able to land Sanchez in an exchange deal for Little Luis.

Making you lads over-pay to watch this level of s**tness in person since then has been the final straw.

I'm not sure what else it is going to take to make you all see that these yank parasites are no worse then the previous idiots we had..........

Their recent veiled threats against us, should have awoken most of you by now.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:37 am

If worldwide we have (now this is pure guesswork) say 4 million and they all paid for the ownership of the club £50 and if it's going to be really democratic only one share per person that's 200 million. Then the fans would really own the club obviously there's abuse somewhere but am sure this could be ironed out. And all profits are reinvented into the club, no share dividend so that would stop abuse a lot. This is only a idea as I am no mathematician, accountant, lawyer etc. Would/could it work?
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Octsky » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:22 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 94486.html

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... 516-season

http://www.statista.com/statistics/3286 ... ket-price/

as you can see (some links are not the latest), we do not have the most expensive tickets in the league.
gunners have the most expensive tickets for mean and season tickets.

under FSG, we sell big and reinvest the money back into the team.
i am not siding with the americans but throughout our history they are the owners who invested the most in the club,
with a new stand coming in, we will boost our capacity to 54000, putting ourselves on the same level with gunner and city and one step closer to self supporting/sufficient.

if you think our fans are the 12th man and can push the team for an extra mile then the opposite must be true when they walk out on the team.
i am not saying the fans were wrong in protesting the tickets prices but certainly there's another way to protest without affecting our team's morale and confidence.

heck! when i saw fans walking out on my stream, i thought it was sunderland fans protesting big sam's team poor showing. i never thought it was our own fans walking out!
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:22 am

I think the main issue is that we are a poor/average team. Had the owners bought in some real talent this last window as a show of faith, I would bet that yesterday's demonstration would not have happened. We have too many average players for the fans to make compromises especially considering that the club is worth more now than it did when the current owners bought the club. In business you can raise the price but you need to give the " customer" more, not less. We are far more average than we have been for a long while and it is hard to take.

The only reason we gave up a two goal lead yesterday is because we are a poor side and we lack quality, not because 10,000 fans walked out early.  Can't save, can't defend and can't score,that is the real issue. The reason 10,000 fans walked out is because we are a poor team. Despite what most will say, if we had a good team with quality throughout that demonstration would not have happened. It is hard to watch average, especially when you have to pay more to watch it.

I am interested to see how the owners respond as I think they are afraid of the fan base and I would bet that they took notice. Bottom line is that if some fans stop buying tickets other fans will replace them, such is the global reach of our club. Losing the fan base however will have a far greater impact.

Sadly will not be in the CL next year so we will have to do with " no good players will want to play for us as we don't offer CL football" and will have to pin our hope on the following year..... again! They should have gambled on the the Brazilian.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:52 am

"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys a ticket to get him in the ground to watch the match.
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys a programme before the game begins.
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys food and drink at half time.
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys merchandise from the club shop after the game
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys LFC tv to watch the match he has paid to watch
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys a subscription for the supporters club
"I'm not a customer!" says the man who buys a ticket to go to the LFC museum
Can you dig it?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:14 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10159293/liverpool-protests-to-continue-supporters-group-warns?

Spokesman Jay McKenna said: "We are happy with yesterday's demonstration and we are pleased with the number of supporters who took part.

"The moment which preceded the walk-out also showed the strength of feeling, with the very loud, audible chants aimed at the directors' box. But the protest was aimed just as much at the owners because the decision of the prices is one made by Fenway Sports Group and the ownership of the club.

"It is a good indication that supporters are very angry at prices and this will just be the start of taking more action.

"We have got Manchester City and Chelsea at Anfield so those two league matches - where prices are still going to be on the forefront of people's minds - will be opportunities where we will discuss what action we take next.

"For us, it is unequivocal: this is the start. A walkout of Anfield it is unprecedented - it has never happened before - and I can't think of an occasion where it has happened in such numbers in another league ground in the UK."

I personally think its important that every fan realises that what we do now is pivotal to the future of this club ,and the game we all love is in real danger of ostracising and practically evicting the souls who have for countless years breathed life into this club.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:12 pm

It will be interesting and exciting to learn what they have planned for the future.
Hopefully it will be something that is inclusive of 99.9% the LFC fanbase.
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion