NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 pm

As usual when money is concerned, the waters are muddied by those who want to make more of it. I can spot spin a mile off and what Ayre is doing is spinning the issue so it looks like hes doing the supporters a favour. HE IS NOT! We have the old chestnut that the debts have to be paid and the money has to be found to buy players and pay their wages. Now weve got a new stand and the prices are hiked again. What the fu'ck is this sky money and other streams of revenue spent on? How much revenue is from ticket sales anyway? Where is the justification for the exact cost (why not £76 or £78??) These are questions that arent being answered and the more they duck and dive, the more concerned we should all be...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Eagle » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:46 am

Ultimately for FSG it's about being financially competitive compared to other premier league clubs so the TV money is irrelevant as everyone else has it too. All clubs are trying to increase their commercial and match day revenue. The graph below using last season's figures shows that Arsenal have £43 mil more to play with in terms of wages/transfers annually, Man Utd have £30mil more, and Chelsea £14mil. Chelsea will be building a bigger stadium with more corporate hospitality so they will see a big increase in their match day revenue.

Suggestions are that the main stand development will bring in an additional £25mil a year although for the first 4-5 years this additional revenue will go towards paying back the loan we took from FSG to build the stand in the first place. So we won't see any immediate benefit.

The truth is the right long term decision (50+ years) was too build a much bigger stadium (70,000+), with world class corporate hospitality, and cheaper tickets for the average fan that priced a lot of people back into going games so that we could fill the bigger stadium every game.
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (134.06 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:51 am

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/liverpool-chief-warns-fans-be-careful-what-you-wish?#:i21aokBKx-uHgA

Why didn't he go the whole hog and just say :

"Look how we're taking care of the new generation ,for Gods sake think of the children"    

The Kop and anyone else who gives a fuck about where we our heading  will walk on 77 ,me included.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 am

Eagle » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 pm wrote:Ultimately for FSG it's about being financially competitive compared to other premier league clubs so the TV money is irrelevant as everyone else has it too. All clubs are trying to increase their commercial and match day revenue. The graph below using last season's figures shows that Arsenal have £43 mil more to play with in terms of wages/transfers annually, Man Utd have £30mil more, and Chelsea £14mil. Chelsea will be building a bigger stadium with more corporate hospitality so they will see a big increase in their match day revenue.

Suggestions are that the main stand development will bring in an additional £25mil a year although for the first 4-5 years this additional revenue will go towards paying back the loan we took from FSG to build the stand in the first place. So we won't see any immediate benefit.

The truth is the right long term decision (50+ years) was too build a much bigger stadium (70,000+), with world class corporate hospitality, and cheaper tickets for the average fan that priced a lot of people back into going games so that we could fill the bigger stadium every game.

Ticket prices in this country are way too high, fans in Britain pay ten times what they do on the continent, maybe you could just about swallow that unpalatable fact if the likes of Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo, Neymar etc all played here but they don't.
One of the recommendations of the Taylor report after Hillsborough was that stadiums in this country should be all seater but Lord Justice Taylor went to great lengths to stress that the cost shouldn't be palmed off onto the fans, however in the 25 years since the report was released ticket prices here have rocketed by 1000% (yes one thousand percent!).
In Britain supporting a football team is part of the culture and has been for nearly a century and a half and the business world are just exploiting that culture to just charge what they want.
Their rampant greed will eventually make fans disillusioned to the extent they'll fall out of love with the game (it's already happening) which will be akin to cultural vandalism IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 am wrote:
Eagle » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:46 pm wrote:Ultimately for FSG it's about being financially competitive compared to other premier league clubs so the TV money is irrelevant as everyone else has it too. All clubs are trying to increase their commercial and match day revenue. The graph below using last season's figures shows that Arsenal have £43 mil more to play with in terms of wages/transfers annually, Man Utd have £30mil more, and Chelsea £14mil. Chelsea will be building a bigger stadium with more corporate hospitality so they will see a big increase in their match day revenue.

Ticket prices in this country are way too high, fans in Britain pay ten times what they do on the continent, maybe you could just about swallow that unpalatable fact if the likes of Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo, Neymar etc all played here but they don't.
One of the recommendations of the Taylor report after Hillsborough was that stadiums in this country should be all seater but Lord Justice Taylor went to great lengths to stress that the cost shouldn't be palmed off onto the fans, however in the 25 years since the report was released ticket prices here have rocketed by 1000% (yes one thousand percent!).
In Britain supporting a football team is part of the culture and has been for nearly a century and a half and the business world are just exploiting that culture to just charge what they want.
Their rampant greed will eventually make fans disillusioned to the extent they'll fall out of love with the game (it's already happening) which will be akin to cultural vandalism IMO.

I agree. I'd like ticket prices to be slashed across the board in England. It would make the premiere league less competitive internationally but if say every team slashed ticket prices by 20% the impact between rival teams wouldn't be too bad. But I can't see one club doing it while others don't. It would make us less competitive in the transfer market as others would continue generating more and more revenue from match days while ours would drop.
Eagle

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Theres no mystery to whats happening here. "Agree with us and suck it up or you'll jeopardise the whole future of the club". Comparisons with arsenal and chelsea ticket prices are trotted out, further shaming us for not being good supporters. Why arent german or spanish clubs being compared? Is it because theyre lower due to them being more attuned to supporters and how much tickets should be?
This country is notorious for people paying over the odds for everything, and then shaming them if they object or criticise. Its a cultural thing which is encouraged by the type of quotes from Ayre, and the sad truth is that the likes of me will soon be priced out of the game.
But the real sickener is not the cost, its that the club doesnt give a flying fu'ck if they lose us or not, because there will be other, richer saps who will take our place and spend well more than I can afford.
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Some supporters will protest at today's game by walking out on 77 minutes...
---
The horse bolted over 20 years ago. They called it the Premiership!
No-one complained and no-one protested. We were presented with a new golden chalice and we all drank from it.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:19 pm

We promoted it, we wanted a breakaway league, a European super league!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Maybe my maths are wrong (never been my best subject) BUT if the reports are correct we're looking at an increase of £18 on 200 seats for a maximum of 7 games.

That gives an increased revenue of £18 x 200 x 7 = £25200 !

If my calculations are correct, I don't know why the f*ck FSG would even bother to put up the price on just 200 seats and invite the ire of LFC supporters, given the small financial return.

Equally, I'm now thinking, why have some of our supporters got their knickers in a twist over this issue ?  We're looking at a 50,000 plus stadium, if you can't afford £77 for one of the 200 "top" seats, f*cking sit some where else ! 

I'm not happy with FSG's price structure  BUT also think some fan reaction is knee jerk and way over the top .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Too be honest the £77 tickets are not really a huge issue. They are for the best seats in the shiny new stand. A lot of tickets in the kop are actually being reduced.

But there will be a number of people who have had season tickets in the main stand for a long time who will no longer be able to afford to keep them because of the price. I think the club made a mistake there.
Eagle

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:55 pm

FSG will always have criticism just under the surface because they aren't football fans and will never give anything to Liverpool for free.

Vey much a business purchase for them, profits over silverware every time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Radio reports say 10,000 walked on 77 ,well done to all ,I don't believe our conviction was ever in doubt.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:09 pm

I hope Carra was just out getting a bag of chips or something.
---
Why would Carra, a multi-millionaire who has made all of his riches from working at LFC walk out?
As an ex-employee of FSG what the F%$K has it got to do with him?
If it was that important, why does he not set a up a real fans based organisation nationwide with some of his pals? Or donate every cent he has made from his time as a FSG employee back to the fans?
Enjoy your money lad and move on...
...Keep to footie my son; Keep to footie!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:15 pm

With all the BS that's going on in the world today, children starving and dying of malnutrition everyday.
Meanwhile in England; the paying football consumer choose to walk out of their so-called beloved football club on 77 minutes; meanwhile their beloved football team get handed their a$$es by conceding 2 goals in the last 15 minutes of the match.
Jackanory couldn't make this up
  :down:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:44 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:09 pm wrote:I hope Carra was just out getting a bag of chips or something.
---
Why would Carra, a multi-millionaire who has made all of his riches from working at LFC walk out?
As an ex-employee of FSG what the F%$K has it got to do with him?
If it was that important, why does he not set a up a real fans based organisation nationwide with some of his pals? Or donate every cent he has made from his time as a FSG employee back to the fans?
Enjoy your money lad and move on...
...Keep to footie my son; Keep to footie!

I guess he realised the importance of the fans a long time ago ,unlike those who are content to walk in clown shoes and sport fluffy ear muffs. Yes they succeed in stopping you walking in the footsteps of the innovators and those who act on their convictions ,and  it sufficiently drowns out the din of what's really happening ,but you stumble in clown shoes and fail to hear audible warnings in ear protectors ....So best of luck crossing the road you blurt.  :D

I apologise for the last bit of my post ,sometimes with such an emotive issue I tend to avoid putting creases in the truth   :laugh:
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion