Liverpool vs West Brom

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 am wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:03 am wrote:Things will look much better if we consider this season as a write-off. Klopp can only do so much with a bunch of above average players who don't have the mental ability to play for a top team.

Milner, Lallana, Lovern, Benteke, Mig are so f**king butt-average.....it is unbeliveable.

I don't think Jurgen will have a better opportunity of winning the league in this country though, how often over the past 10/15 years have you seen the likes of Chelsea, United and City all looking so unconvincing all at the same time?
It wasn't as though we had to perform miracles to put ourselves in contention either, we only had to beat two average sides!
It wouldn't surprise me to see Guardiola at one of those clubs next year and Guardiola + big money will be a tough nut to crack, our players need to start finding ways to win.

We aren't going to win the league this year, we simply don't have the players to give us the consistency to win week-in, week-out.

Top 4 would be a huge achievement for us, but that's going to be tough without significant investment in the January window. Klopp needs to start shipping out the likes of Allen, Lallana, Lovern and Mig and bring in players with leadership and a winning mentality. Instead we've got mid-table dross that - for some reason - BR thought would step up to top 4 material. It hasn't happened and we'll be tens of millions out of pocket before this is all fixed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:07 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:23 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:09 am wrote:
The_Rock » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:03 am wrote:Things will look much better if we consider this season as a write-off. Klopp can only do so much with a bunch of above average players who don't have the mental ability to play for a top team.

Milner, Lallana, Lovern, Benteke, Mig are so f**king butt-average.....it is unbeliveable.

I don't think Jurgen will have a better opportunity of winning the league in this country though, how often over the past 10/15 years have you seen the likes of Chelsea, United and City all looking so unconvincing all at the same time?
It wasn't as though we had to perform miracles to put ourselves in contention either, we only had to beat two average sides!
It wouldn't surprise me to see Guardiola at one of those clubs next year and Guardiola + big money will be a tough nut to crack, our players need to start finding ways to win.

We aren't going to win the league this year, we simply don't have the players to give us the consistency to win week-in, week-out.

Top 4 would be a huge achievement for us, but that's going to be tough without significant investment in the January window. Klopp needs to start shipping out the likes of Allen, Lallana, Lovern and Mig and bring in players with leadership and a winning mentality. Instead we've got mid-table dross that - for some reason - BR thought would step up to top 4 material. It hasn't happened and we'll be tens of millions out of pocket before this is all fixed.

Are they our worst players though?
I'd say our attack has been at its most potent when Lallana has been part of the line up (especially alongside players like Coutinho and Firmino) and to be fair to Lovren since he's returned to the side I don't think we've conceded one goal that can be directly attributed to him. Granted they've both had slow starts to their Liverpool careers but it does seem that they are finally starting to find their feet at Anfield.
I think we do need an upgrade on Mingolet though, he's a tremendous shot stopper (as good as Clemo imo) but he has got weaknesses in his game that the opposition target, where as someone like De Gea actively wins United points I think Mingolet is starting to cost us points.
Even in the short amount of time that Klopp has been here Simon has made a right pigs breakfast of crosses against Southampton, Palace and now West Brom which have all led to goals. He cost us another goal by holding onto the ball for 22 seconds in the EL too. I like Simon, he comes across as a decent chap, but we can't afford to keep on leaking cheap goals at that rate, especially when we are struggling to score at the other end.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Mingolet has made more mistakes - that have directly led to a goal - than any other premiership player over the past 3 years. That's a shocking statistic and needs to be fixed, because his lack of leadership in the box and lack of concentration cost us. In the summer  I would be doing everything I can to get in a replacement.

I'd agree with your comments on Lallana if he cost £8 or £10 million. But for £25m he's poor. I've seen him run around a lot, but never seen him do much more than that and - along with Lovern - it feels like we've paid Ferrari money for a Ford Focus.  I'm confident Klopp knows all of the above, but wonder if he's agreed to push the current team as far as he can before dipping in the transfer kitty.

Personally, I expect Klopp to sign one or two influential players in January. Someone like Alonso would be perfect, because we lack leaders all over the park.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:41 pm

I wish Jurgen could get stevie back even if it's for only a couple of seasons. Even at his age he would do better than the dross Rodgers left us with
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games