Newcastle V Liverpool - EPL - Sunday 6th December - KO: 4pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 am

eds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:39 am wrote:Can't believe what I am reading Dev.

We were poor but let's get a grip we weren't that poor. If Benteke hadn't have missed from 3 yards out or Sturridge had buried his 1 on 1 we wouldn't all be sitting here moaning about a loss. Also their 1st goal was a bs deflection and they had struggled to launch anything going forward the entire game!

I'm not going to get dragged into this whole fanatical debate of Klopp vs Rodgers. I will let Klopp's results speak for himself. If we continue our season at the ratio of 7-3-2 we will come close to winning the league so I don't exactly know what there is to be alarmed about.

We don't have the players at the moment to go on the run we did when we had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Countinho and Gerrard all in the same side.

With the previous clown in charge you would have been defending him to the hilt. Can't understand why you aren't extending that leniency to Klopp?!?

I certainly criticised Rogers.Doesn't my comment about the Stoke game suggest just that. I just didn't resort to your level of childish abuse.

If you're happy with a performance that generated one shot on goal and that wasn't until the 89th minute then to be honest I'm delighted that the therapy is working  :laugh: I was wondering where my latest delivery of Kool Aid had got to  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:00 pm

The whole team was poor. Even the players like Lucus who have been so dependable since Klopp came in were poor. No point scapegoating one player.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 am

devaney » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 am wrote:
eds » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:39 am wrote:Can't believe what I am reading Dev.

We were poor but let's get a grip we weren't that poor. If Benteke hadn't have missed from 3 yards out or Sturridge had buried his 1 on 1 we wouldn't all be sitting here moaning about a loss. Also their 1st goal was a bs deflection and they had struggled to launch anything going forward the entire game!

I'm not going to get dragged into this whole fanatical debate of Klopp vs Rodgers. I will let Klopp's results speak for himself. If we continue our season at the ratio of 7-3-2 we will come close to winning the league so I don't exactly know what there is to be alarmed about.

We don't have the players at the moment to go on the run we did when we had Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Countinho and Gerrard all in the same side.

With the previous clown in charge you would have been defending him to the hilt. Can't understand why you aren't extending that leniency to Klopp?!?

I certainly criticised Rogers.Doesn't my comment about the Stoke game suggest just that. I just didn't resort to your level of childish abuse.

If you're happy with a performance that generated one shot on goal and that wasn't until the 89th minute then to be honest I'm delighted that the therapy is working  :laugh: I was wondering where my latest delivery of Kool Aid had got to  :laugh:

We had 10 shots in total with only 1 being on target. Compared to Newcastle's 6 shots with 1 on target.

We also had 60% of possession compared to Newcastle's 40% in an away game.

That obviously shows you we just lacked creativity and an attacking threat. We weren't played off the park like the 6-1 drubbing we received to Stoke  :laugh:  :laugh: 

The general consensus is that we played like rubbish, which I said I agree with. Never said I was happy with the performance.   :upside:

Klopp will rectify this over time, which is why I'm not fussed.

So put the Kool aid away Dev and enjoy the ride we are in for.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:20 pm

It was an awful game. We didn't play anything like I expected, the pressing was non-existent, the pace was pedestrian. Like Klopp said, because we played sh!t we can see why we lost, rather than playing well and not winning - rectifying this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Lucas and Allen in the middle were completely uninspiring, lost count the number of times Lucas would play backwards, his first touch seemed to desert him as well, topped off by misplacing multiple passes into touch - that pretty much set the tone. Can't say I want to see them in the same side again. Henderson and Can being fit should prevent that happening again.

Benteke up top won't isn't effective imo and I've lost hope of him coming good.

These mistakes will continue to happen while Klopp has a good look at the players so it's not a disaster, cushioned by the fact everyone around us lost as well

We can make up for this at the weekend with 3 points
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:51 pm

It was weird watching the game. The first couple of minutes Newcastle were all over the place but as the minutes ticked by you could visibly see them growing in confidence as we continued to labour.

Ultimately as I think John Aldrige pointed out "Not for the first time we've been bullied by a physical team, Newcastle didn't outplay us, they outfought us".

After some really good performances recently Lucas had a mare of a game and we deffo missed the physicality of players like Can and Hendo.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games