Steven Gerrard returns to Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:34 am

Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was pictured training with the Liverpool first-team at the club's Melwood training ground on Monday morning.

Gerrard, who is now with the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer after leaving the Reds in the summer, was earlier seen driving his Mercedes G-Class into the facility on a wet morning in Liverpool.

The 35-year-old, who played 708 games and won the Champions League in 17 seasons with the club, has been back in his home town since the Galaxy dropped out of the MLS play-offs in the first round at the end of October.

Gerrard took part in a rigorous session with Jurgen Klopp and the first-team and was seen chatting with team-mates of old and the club's new arrivals.

Speaking on BT Sport last week, Gerrard said he would be trying to "learn a few things" off of the high-flying Reds manager.

"I’m going to go in for a couple of weeks and work with Mr Klopp so I’m really looking forward to that, to see what he’s about and try and learn a few things off him."

Gerrard will train with the club for a couple of months to stay fit ahead of the new MLS season, which starts in March.

He did add that he would not be available to play for the club because of his contract with the MLS side, while Klopp has also previously ruled out the chance of him playing.

Gerrard was in attendance for Liverpool's 1-0 win over Swansea City on Sunday, sitting next to youth team star Jordan Rossiter, a result that saw the Reds move up to sixth place after a third win in four.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steven-gerrard-back-in-liverpool-training-after-arriving-at-melwood-a6754346.html#
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Think he wants back and sooner the better, very sheepish on his MLS adventure.

I just hope his prescence doesnt put anyones nose out of joint as we are just starting to move forward
and legend or not hes not on the payroll anymore.

Nice to see him back at Melwood and sure Klopp will set him straight if he goes over the hospitality line
even without knowing it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 am

I would hope if he starts to overstep his position Klopp will show him the door. It wouldn't be too much to just set him on in a coaching role, even if it's only purpose is to teach the players how to drive forward and stick a pile driver from 35 yards into the onion bag.

Nice to see him around though.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:02 am

Klopp fully understands all of the above.
Having SG around Melwood should provide a spiritual lift for the squad as well as giving Klopp and understanding of any suitable future coaching role at the club. If there is one?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Nice to see him back training and with Klopp, pity these pictures weren't taken last summer otherwise Gerrard would still be here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Imagine if we won the league the season after he left though  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:19 am

Deep down i can guarantee you i bet he wants to play for JK. He probably wants to be part of this.
I wouldn't mind SG in the squad playing mins off the bench in a cameo role.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Its great to see him back around melwood. He is a club legend and should be given a key to the place  :nod His playing days here are over Imo but if it were up to me he'd never have left.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion