Liverpool V Swansea (EPL) Sunday 29th November KO 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:Brendan took all the enthusiasm out of the club.. It seems hard for the fans to get excited about anything.

Klopp must have heard great things about the "best fans in the world" and how European nights are special at Anfield.. and to me it seems like the support has been pretty flat.

Yeah I deffo think Jurgen fell for all that shyte trotted out by our marketing department about our fans being the best and most loyal supporters in the world©, i'd probably say we aren't even the best fans in this city, I'd say Goodison has a better atmosphere than Anfield atm.
It's a pity we couldn't bring all those Australian fans over from Melbourne, a crowd like that would be worth 10 points a season to us, this lot probably cost us 10 points a season by transmitting all their negativity down onto the pitch, you could see it again today in the last 20 minutes, the players were terrified of making a mistake.
I'm starting to develop a real grudging respect for the likes of Lovren and Milner, they do a decent job in very tough circumstances, half the crowd are just itching for them to make a mistake so they can jump on their back, can't be easy playing football under those conditions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 am

Any 'injury' takes time to heal and that includes the fans' passion. They're loyalty is there - the stadium is full and we're all still committed however it takes time for the passion to be rekindled. Ask anyone with marriage problems.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 am

I think a lot of the mistakes in the passing for both teams were to do with the wind. Anyone that plays football will tell you it is harder to be at your best on windy days and my experience of playing is limited to open areas and fields where the wind would be right to left for example, so you can more easily account for it,at a stadium however it swirls. On minute it is right to left, next it is left to right. It was a swirly, gusting wind yesterday so I will not make too many judgements on how we won, just happy we did. 6 points off top spot in a year where no one is dominating gives us a chance, we need to improve our goal difference though as 14 games in and being only +3 is pretty bad.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

It was a very dull match from Liverpool team, and they were luck to get a spot kick otherwise it would have ended in a draw!

The team had only managed to shoot at goal, this is very low.. the team is still have a BR stamp on it especially all most of the players were his signing.. Negative players limitted skills and some are really useless, tops that bill is Firmino, Benteke, Clyne etc. as for Benteke he really need to shape up very quickly, he is far too slow, lacks movements and can't really finish any half of chances. Firmino a totall useless, light weight, can't pass, give the ball away too much, can's shoot on goal, so many bad qualities in him!  not worth £0.29p!!

The team need to improve quickly in order to gain lost points to move up the league table.
algymoon

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 am

algymoon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:35 am wrote:It was a very dull match from Liverpool team, and they were luck to get a spot kick otherwise it would have ended in a draw!

The team had only managed to shoot at goal, this is very low.. the team is still have a BR stamp on it especially all most of the players were his signing.. Negative players limitted skills and some are really useless, tops that bill is Firmino, Benteke, Clyne etc. as for Benteke he really need to shape up very quickly, he is far too slow, lacks movements and can't really finish any half of chances. Firmino a totall useless, light weight, can't pass, give the ball away too much, can's shoot on goal, so many bad qualities in him!  not worth £0.29p!!

The team need to improve quickly in order to gain lost points to move up the league table.

Not a great performance but 3 points none the less.Always tricky after Thursday night games.A fact that you are happy to ignore.And how can you say that it would have been a draw if we hadn't got the penalty. How the fk do you know what would have happened? Goal change games !!!

And still you go on about Firmino even after his Chelsea and City performances?

Beginning to wonder if you are bluenose in a not very good disguise ???

Did you happen to notice how many places we moved up the table this weekend and that we are 6 points off the top?

Do you normally write your posts after drinking a keg of beer?

YOU SIR ARE A FKG CLOWN - Whoops I think I have said that before  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:43 am wrote:Any 'injury' takes time to heal and that includes the fans' passion. They're loyalty is there - the stadium is full and we're all still committed however it takes time for the passion to be rekindled. Ask anyone with marriage problems.....

Sorry but I don't buy that at all Reg, this isn't a recent or one off phenomenon, the atmosphere at Anfield has been going down the pan for 20 years in fact it's a pretty rare event these days to actually find a game where our fans out sing the away fans. All this baloney about our fans being the best in the world is just a 'Theatre of Dreams' type marketing trick to help flog club merchandise in the Far East. You can tell it's the party line by the way the club makes any new signings waffle on about how great the atmosphere is at Anfield, it's absolutely cringeworthy.
Jurgen's outburst the other day about him feeling alone was a classic Emperors new clothes moment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:43 am wrote:Any 'injury' takes time to heal and that includes the fans' passion. They're loyalty is there - the stadium is full and we're all still committed however it takes time for the passion to be rekindled. Ask anyone with marriage problems.....

Sorry but I don't buy that at all Reg, this isn't a recent or one off phenomenon, the atmosphere at Anfield has been going down the pan for 20 years in fact it's a pretty rare event these days to actually find a game where our fans out sing the away fans. All this baloney about our fans being the best in the world is just a 'Theatre of Dreams' type marketing trick to help flog club merchandise in the Far East. You can tell it's the party line by the way the club makes any new signings waffle on about how great the atmosphere is at Anfield, it's absolutely cringeworthy.
Jurgen's outburst the other day about him feeling alone was a classic Emperors new clothes moment.

Sadly we (me and the wife) don't get to go to many matches, maybe 2 a season if we are very lucky.... I remember a few seasons ago taking my wife to her first ever LFC match, it was against Swansea and i said to her in the car whatever you do don't get on the back of the players backs, support them always no matter what happens.

The match was only 10 minutes in when locals around us (in the KOP) were getting on the back of players like Joe Cole calling a fat c**t and similar with other players, you get the idea

I was kind of shocked as i remember when we you used to get taken when i was growing up, you never used to hear that, was always "support the team no matter what"

Those days are gone :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

C-R » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:36 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:44 pm wrote:

Sadly we (me and the wife) don't get to go to many matches, maybe 2 a season if we are very lucky.... I remember a few seasons ago taking my wife to her first ever LFC match, it was against Swansea and i said to her in the car whatever you do don't get on the back of the players backs, support them always no matter what happens.

The match was only 10 minutes in when locals around us (in the KOP) were getting on the back of players like Joe Cole calling a fat c**t and similar with other players, you get the idea

I was kind of shocked as i remember when we you used to get taken when i was growing up, you never used to hear that, was always "support the team no matter what"

Those days are gone :(

This is not a local v OOT issue mate, as I said I wish the club could find a way of transporting all those Aussie reds over from Melbourne, a crowd like that would be worth 10 points a season to us, plus the marketing department really would have something to peddle then, instead of all these myths about the atmosphere at Anfield being something particularly special.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Yakka you said the atmosphere's being going down for 20 years - when did we last win the league?
Success breeds success, frustration breeds frustration.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm wrote:Yakka you said the atmosphere's being going down for 20 years - when did we last win the league?
Success breeds success, frustration breeds frustration.

The roar of the Kop was famous in the 50's mate when we were a second division side, our fans adopted YNWA as their anthem back in 1963 when we'd only just won promotion to the top flight.
All our fans are good at these days is finding excuses not to sing and get behind the team, we are world beaters at that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Fat useless cockney c..t would have been more accurate !! Ticket prices have gone through the roof together with players wages.Cole was on £100k a week. Five fkg million pounds a year !!  Fans are justified in getting frustrated when a player demonstrates such a high level of chronic ineptitude !! I have never booed anybody but that doesn't stop me from understanding why some modern day (mainly) fans feel the need to. When kids are coughing up more than 25% of their net wage to see utter dross the players deserve everything they get.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:31 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:26 pm wrote:Fat useless cockney c..t would have been more accurate !! Ticket prices have gone through the roof together with players wages.Cole was on £100k a week. Five fkg million pounds a year !!  Fans are justified in getting frustrated when a player demonstrates such a high level of chronic ineptitude !! I have never booed anybody but that doesn't stop me from understanding why some modern day (mainly) fans feel the need to. When kids are coughing up more than 25% of their net wage to see utter dross the players deserve everything they get.

I agree with Reg. Quality play warrants quality support. The crowd during Rogers 14 wins on the bounce was the loudest and most enthusiastic I have heard it in years and that was because they had something to scream and shout about.Enthusiasm is infectious. Klopp will get the Kop as well as the team back to what they once were!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Frustrating game, the highlights for me were Hendo and Sturridge getting back.

I was really hoping Lallana or Ibe would get hooked for Studge to see him link with Benteke. Sturridge can't lead a line, and Benteke needs runners off him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 am

For me personally it just seems so fucking hard faced when posters expect raucous support without getting involved themselves ....Just saying like  !
The tension inside Anfield on a match day is tangible ,as soon as we're playing with a consistent swagger the anxiety will dissipate.

This continual  debasement of the fan base is becoming cringe worthy. In effect this club would be nothing without the fans ,lets instead applaud our fans for supporting this great old institution through some of  its leanest years ,and if you're experiencing cold turkey to hear  proper support once more ,tip up for a fucking away game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:04 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:03 am wrote:lets instead applaud our fans for supporting this great old institution through some of  its leanest years.

Well said Red, good point.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games