DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:07 pm

In his press conference Klopp hints that Daniels problems may be psychological . Klopp believes  Sturridge has to learn more about the difference between  "serious pain and what is only pain" in order to conquer his injury problems.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Daniel Sturridge: Timeline of Liverpool striker's injuries
By Nick Wright
Last Updated: 27/11/15 4:59pm

Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge is to undergo a scan after missing Thursday's Europa League clash with Bordeux with a suspected foot problem.

It is the latest in a long line of injuries for the striker, who has been plagued by fitness problems since joining the Reds from Chelsea in January 2013.

With the help of Physio Room, we take a look at Sturridge's injury timeline as fears grow over another spell on the sidelines for the England international…

February-March 2013 - dead leg and minor knock (missed three games)

Sturridge made a superb start to life at Liverpool, scoring four goals in his first six appearances, but his first injury came just a few weeks after his arrival when he suffered a dead leg in a 2-2 draw with boyhood club Manchester City.

Sturridge missed games against West Brom and Zenit St Petersburg before returning for a 5-0 thrashing of Swansea, but a minor knock sidelined him again and he missed a 4-0 win over Wigan.

'Sturridge must manage pain'
Daniel Sturridge has to learn how to deal with different levels of pain, according to Jurgen Klopp.
May 2013 - ankle ligaments (missed no games)

Sturridge lasted just 33 minutes of England's friendly against the Republic of Ireland at Wembley. His injury was confirmed as ankle ligament damage, but he returned in time for pre-season and, fortunately for Liverpool, he didn't miss any domestic action.

The striker scored five goals in his first four Liverpool appearances of the 2013/14 season, but he missed England's games against Moldova and Ukraine due to a thigh problem. He recovered in time to face Swansea - and score - after the international break.

November 2013 to January 2014 - ankle ligaments (missed nine games)

Sturridge aggravated a thigh problem on England duty meaning he only started on the bench for a 3-3 draw with Everton on November 23, and in the aftermath of the game, he was ruled out for two months with ankle ligament damage, missing nine games.

April 2014 - hamstring (missed one game)

Sturridge went unscathed for four months as Liverpool's title charge gathered pace, but he limped off with a hamstring problem during their 3-2 win over Manchester City. He missed their 3-2 win over Norwich and was only fit enough for the bench in their infamous 2-0 defeat to Chelsea at Anfield.

July 2014 - hamstring (missed no games)

The 26-year-old had to return home from Liverpool's pre-season tour of the US after picking up a hamstring injury. Liverpool breathed a sigh of relief as he returned in time for the start of the season.

Just three games into the season, serious injury struck again as Sturridge hurt his thigh in England training. He was expected to make his comeback in late October, but he suffered a calf problem before Liverpool's trip to QPR.

Then, another comeback was pushed back when he picked up another thigh problem before a 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on November 23. In the end, he didn't return to action until the last day of January.

April to September 2015 - hip (missed 14 games)

Sturridge's appearance in an FA Cup tie against Blackburn in April turned out to be his last of the season for the Reds, and a month later he went under the knife for an operation on his hip.

He missed 14 games for Liverpool in total, making his long-awaited return to the side in a 1-1 draw with Norwich on September 20.

Just three games into his comeback, Sturridge was ruled out yet again as he picked up a knee injury ahead of Liverpool's trip to Tottenham on October 17. He was due to return to action against Bordeaux only to be sidelined by his latest injury blow.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:07 pm wrote:In his press conference Klopp hints that Daniels problems may be psychological . Klopp believes  Sturridge has to learn more about the difference between  "serious pain and what is only pain" in order to conquer his injury problems.

This is i do not doubt..

I have Stevie's recent biography and read a portion in it where he had to take DS to one side and convince him he was fine to play
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:14 pm

Big words from Klopp on Sturridge's injuries today. Essentially telling him to man up. Let's see how Sturridge responds.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:16 pm

The lad is an absolute joke. He takes a knock to the knee and it was going to sideline him for a game or 2, 6 weeks ago  :glare: Now he has hurt his foot and is out again. Even if he does come back it won't be long before he disappears.  :no
The scans he went and had for his foot gave no indication of an injury and now it sounds like the manager is calling him out. Needs to get his act together
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:21 am

Agree Red, there is a bit of funny stuff happening here and Klopp has rightfully called it out.

I don't believe for one minute that Sturridge continues to pick up "geniuine injuries" out of sheer "bad luck".

Nope, there is something mentally wrong with this guy and the doctor's should be helping him sort this out rather than focussing on his hypochondriac "conditions".

That being said if he does have mental issues the club and fans need to be doing everything to help him rather then castigating him.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:57 am

I couldn't imagine how this forum would have reacted if the previous manager had said what Klopp had said about Sturridge. Now because it's Klopp, the manager has "rightfully" called out the player! :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:23 am

Carra says in the mail today that during his time in the same team as him, DS would only play if he was 100% mentally and physically, Carra says that you are never 100%. I looks as if  Klopp has sussed this out and will not accept much more of these 'pains'.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:24 am

I can understand simulation during the heat of the game...but simulation in the training ground? This is new haha
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:30 am

maguskwt » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:57 am wrote:I couldn't imagine how this forum would have reacted if the previous manager had said what Klopp had said about Sturridge. Now because it's Klopp, the manager has "rightfully" called out the player! :laugh:

When someone who is being paid £150,000 per week give this kind of excuses, I don't care who he is rightfully being called out. A star player is no good when he is in treatment room, and not whether it is Klopp or anyone. Can't understand your hate and bitterness?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:36 am

He needs to sort his head out before anything physical. Klopp should been his to a shrink
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:14 am

Santa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:57 am wrote:I couldn't imagine how this forum would have reacted if the previous manager had said what Klopp had said about Sturridge. Now because it's Klopp, the manager has "rightfully" called out the player! :laugh:

When someone who is being paid £150,000 per week give this kind of excuses, I don't care who he is rightfully being called out. A star player is no good when he is in treatment room, and not whether it is Klopp or anyone. Can't understand your hate and bitterness?

I'm not hating on anyone mate. I'm just highlighting some prevalent attitudes on here that shows a ridiculous degree of double standard and bias. Whatever the new manager does is gold now... Lets see when this gold will turn to turd on this forum :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Daniel Sturridge's scan showed no ligament or muscle damage, Klopp has refused to rule out Sturridge from Sunday’s clash with Swansea

Klopp also revealed that he met Brendan Rodgers before the City game but was unwilling to disclose details of their conversation

Source : Dom King / Daily Mail
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Interesting wonder why JK would meet with BR.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:39 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 am wrote:
Santa » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:30 am wrote:

I'm not hating on anyone mate. I'm just highlighting some prevalent attitudes on here that shows a ridiculous degree of double standard and bias. Whatever the new manager does is gold now... Lets see when this gold will turn to turd on this forum :laugh:

you are a thick Sh*t....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion