ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:44 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 pm wrote:
C-R » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:45 am wrote:It wouldn't be quite so bad if he improved on his crossing when going forward, or balls into the box, then at least he would have some sort of saving grace, but atm he is a real liability

it is a shame, because he has potential to be a very good player, Jurgen needs to get hands on with him and sort out his positioning and attacking of defensive balls, i don't have an issue with his tackling which seems very good

His tackling is fine, but his defensive positing is often school boy stuff and that's what costs us. His pace is the only thing getting him in the team TBH because his crossing and shooting is awful too.

Is that not what i said matey lol  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:20 pm

He had a decent game yesterday but must try to eliminate the fear from his play.
Proper shi'thouse behaviour when he is facing someone crossing the ball
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:57 pm

I am critical of him but I thought he had a decent game.His work on the Sterling/Aguero chance was phenomenal.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Well, I think he is going to be a bit suspect from time to time defensivly as it is a weak point in his game.
It also makes him look very exposed certain games. But he does have a good engine and good attitude. There sure are similarities with Riise.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:11 pm

He stuck to Navas like glue. Played a very good defensive role. Was one of his better performances.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:56 am

SkippyRed » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:57 pm wrote:I am critical of him but I thought he had a decent game.His work on the Sterling/Aguero chance was phenomenal.

Yeah well spotted, it was his last gasp sliding tackle which stopped Aguero taking the shot on first time forcing him to take a touch which allowed Mingolet to get back in position, if Aguero would have made it 3-2 it would have been a very nervy last 10 minutes or so.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 am

Moreno's going to be a cracking player which is why we bought all these lads when they were young. Folks moan about the ones we missed but in fact the youngsters we have are now blossoming nicely under Herr Klopp.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:24 pm

As with every club its usually all about managers with players.

Moreno is responding to Klopp along with many others and if your good enough this manager provides the platform.

With a poorer manager the day in day out feels hopeless.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:46 am

Reg » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Moreno's going to be a cracking player which is why we bought all these lads when they were young. Folks moan about the ones we missed but in fact the youngsters we have are now blossoming nicely under Herr Klopp.

I don't think he will be a cracking player, and he is one player who needs stiff competition. He has too many liabilities in his defensive game, however, he had a brilliant game against City.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:09 am

Pacey and offers good attacking threat down the flank but defensively still a big question mark. Like him as a player but frustrating when you see he still make some elementary mistake at this level.

It's a shame that he still cannot speak much English even after more than a season here  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:57 pm

I thought this was one of his better games. I watched it at Cheers bar in Sydney (best bar, it's a complete Liverpool bar) and someone said we would be better off buying a better right back and playing this guy as a winger in the 4-2-3-1.

Decent idea.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:24 pm

http://www.espnfc.com.au/story/2735802/liverpools-alberto-moreno-would-be-happy-with-madrid-offer

He hasn't been here for 5 minutes and has already pulled a "Reina" on us.........

Disgraceful.   :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby JC_81 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:42 pm

If we can sell him at a profit to Madrid take the money and run.

OK player but no world beater.

Having said that the quotes are from his agent not him. Could just be trying to get a better contract out of us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:14 am

Personally I would sell him In January, I have never rated him and just think his speed covers up for his lacking deficiency when it comes to defending and his overall positioning.

Also player's are always DIRECTLY responsible for their agent's comments about their playing future.

Quiet simply its disgraceful behaviour and if I was Klopp I would drop him for the next few weeks, as he needs to pull his f**king head in.

Knowing Faildrid they will probably come in and offer us a packet of crisps for him and whinge about him being over-priced. We should NEVER deal with them ever again, as they are simply a pack of c**ts.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:51 am

Eds, the EPL paid agents 130 million quid last year so clearly they have an incentive to barf at every opportunity to create a move to make themselves a fortune. So the source of the problem is not the player, it's the agent. Liverpool have to send a clear message to the agent, the player is a pawn.

I'd tell the agent we won't buy any player under his management for a period of 3 years as a consequence of his incitement to prise a player away from LFC. We paid a transfer fee to buy that player on a fixed contract term, a fat fee to the agent and serious wages to the player. If it happens again, ban the next agent. We don't need these shysters and the players will quickly realise that a mouthing off agent is detrimental to their careers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion