DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:24 pm

He had a solid game against City. It's going to take a lot more games like that for him to win fans over though.

Like I said in another thread, if Klopp can make a player out of this guy he's something special.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 pm

JC_81 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:24 pm wrote:He had a solid game against City. It's going to take a lot more games like that for him to win fans over though.

Like I said in another thread, if Klopp can make a player out of this guy he's something special.

He has struggled but he was very useful for Southampton so hopefully he is turning a corner. It take some players a while to adapt to a new team. Firmino has also found it difficult but he didn't get all those assists and score all those goals in Germany without a considerable level of ability. Look at Coutinho in Milan........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:13 pm

If he is happy to be Sakho's back up then thats a win. He has some ability no doubt. If he wants to be a starter, he needs to up his performances and be sold in January.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Happy with his game again. He looked to be very commanding in the defensive line, and he won all of his headers if I am not mistaken.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:22 pm

The challenge on Lovren was disgusting, it was high and wild and was a red card on any day, nothing was given

He will be out a long time after that, was really bad, i feel for him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:24 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:39 pm

That tackle was extremely reckless and should have been a straight red, okay he got the ball cleanly (and to be fair to the lad he would have probably got a round of applause for a tackle like that 30 years ago) but these days players are responsible for the health of their fellow pro's, he wasn't in control of himself at all (hence the follow through).
Hope Lovren isn't too badly injured, he's come back into the team and showed a hell of a lot of character recently.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:44 pm

C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:22 pm wrote:The challenge on Lovren was disgusting, it was high and wild and was a red card on any day, nothing was given

He will be out a long time after that, was really bad, i feel for him

Its a shame because after having a poor start to his career he was finally performing well.
Hope his ok.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:39 pm wrote:That tackle was extremely reckless and should have been a straight red, okay he got the ball cleanly (and to be fair to the lad he would have probably got a round of applause for a tackle like that 30 years ago) but these days players are responsible for the health of their fellow pro's, he wasn't in control of himself at all (hence the follow through).
Hope Lovren isn't too badly injured, he's come back into the team and showed a hell of a lot of character recently.

Just highlights the inconsistent decisions refs make week in week out.
With all the money in the game, you think that refs would be consistent...
Am all for TV review, even if it means some decisions going against us.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 pm

The Gardener lunge on Lovren was diabolical and was carried out with real intent ,you only have to look at the little cuntz momentum when he jumps, it carried him straight  through Lovren . I hope Dejan's injury isn't as serious as the screams that followed the assault  ,and I fervently hope that shabby little jock loses a bollock in his next tackle.

I kind of wished we still had Gerrard to have doled out some much needed retribution ,or even better a Souness to maim the spotty little Scottish
fucker.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:24 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:The Gardener lunge on Lovren was diabolical and was carried out with real intent ,you only have to look at the little cuntz momentum when he jumps, it carried him straight  through Lovren . I hope Dejan's injury isn't as serious as the screams that followed the assault  ,and I fervently hope that shabby little jock loses a bollock in his next tackle.

I kind of wished we still had Gerrard to have doled out some much needed retribution ,or even better a Souness to maim the spotty little Scottish
fucker.

:bowdown

thank you for wording this exactly how i feel about it

another word is coward because that was the kind of challenge it was

southampton fans celebrating his injury on Twitter, sick *****, hope they get relegated
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:41 pm

C-R » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:24 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 pm wrote:The Gardener lunge on Lovren was diabolical and was carried out with real intent ,you only have to look at the little cuntz momentum when he jumps, it carried him straight  through Lovren . I hope Dejan's injury isn't as serious as the screams that followed the assault  ,and I fervently hope that shabby little jock loses a bollock in his next tackle.

fucker.

:bowdown

thank you for wording this exactly how i feel about it

another word is coward because that was the kind of challenge it was

southampton fans celebrating his injury on Twitter, sick *****, hope they get relegated

No problem fella ,absolutely fuming mate ,he propelled himself with enough force to carry him 2 yards behind Lovren ,and  the screams from the lad were so pronounced the fans heard them. I just think in todays game there is no place for such career threatening tackles ,I didn't particularly like this fella before the tackle ,completely despise the twat now.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:55 pm

It was a sickening tackle. What was worse is the ref deemed it legit. I can't get over that.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:41 am

Watched the tackle again and to be fair to Gardner, don't think there was any malice or bad intentions on his part. He went in full for the ball, which was there to be won and his follow through just took out Lovren. Just an unfortunate coming together. Let's hope Lovren is ok and it's nothing serious
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:44 am

Croatia’s team doctor Dr. Nemec:  ‘There was no structural damage’ to Lovren’s knee & he could be playing in 2 to 3 weeks’ time.'
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion