Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:09 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:04 pm wrote:Xabi Alonso says he won't extend his contract with Bayern.. Rumours are linking him with a return back to us. I think he could still do a job even though he'll be 34 by then.

I also read this and would certainly take him back, Gary Mac was still doing it and winning games at 36

Also hearing that according to Bild (German press) we are in pole position for İlkay Gündoğan, i have heard his name a few times and that he is highly rated but never seen him play
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:44 am

From the Mirror
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge back in full training but may not start against Manchester City

The England forward has endured a nightmare run with injuries, and Jurgen Klopp is wary of rushing him back into the fold

Daniel Sturridge has returned to full training with Liverpool - but Jurgen Klopp has still to decide if he can face Manchester City on Saturday.

Sturridge took part in his first session with senior squad today after finally recovering from the ankle knock he suffered in the first few days of Klopp's reign.

The England striker came through the session at Melwood without any problems and Liverpool's medical staff are now monitoring him to see if he suffers any reaction.

Klopp is mindful not to rush Sturridge back because of his poor record of suffering muscle injuries and will want him to be totally fit before he pitches him back into action for the first time under him.

Sturridge has endured a nightmare run with injuries over the last 15 months and Klopp does not want to jeopardise his latest comeback by playing him too soon.

Klopp is also bringing Jose Enrique in from the cold when he returns from his hamstring injury.

Enrique was made to train separately from the first-team squad by Brendan Rodgers because he refused to leave during the last transfer window.

Klopp has wiped the slate clean and has told the defender he can re-join the senior squad when he completes his recovery.

The German is conscious that Liverpool lack cover for Alberto Moreno at left-back and believes it makes sense to bring the Spaniard, whose Anfield deal expires in June, back into the fold.

Enrique will be delighted to return and he will feel it vindicates his decision to block Rodgers' attempts to force him out of Anfield in the summer.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:34 am

Good to see Jose Enrique will be welcomed back I think he is a good addition to the squad and he like others was treated horrifickly

If Rodgers got his way we would have lost Sakho and Lucas in the summer

On Danny Sturridge I look at him as a bonus when he plays and not as someone we can expect to count on

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Rumours circulating Xabi may be back here.
I knows his 34 but can still give a good season. Can do similar to what Gary Mac did here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Not a rumour but interesting article in the Echo. Didn't exactly go to spurs for masssive money and sounds as though our transfer commmittee were not convinced even though Rodgers wanted him. Not sure JK is the type who would put up with something similar....

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... d-10461719
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Latest rumour about Sane coming to Liverpool is us offering them Origi on loan with an option to buy
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:13 pm

anything that means Origi never pulls a red shirt on again is a good deal. I'd swap him for a bag of crisps.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:03 pm

Also a few reports linking us to Stoke's Butland, which makes me think Klopp isn't convinced by Migs as our long term keeper.

Just a rumour, but been reported in a few papers.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:49 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:anything that means Origi never pulls a red shirt on again is a good deal. I'd swap him for a bag of crisps.

If Origi's worth a bag o'crisps then Ibe's worth a bag of pork scratchings and Balotelli's a can of Fanta.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 am

Christs sake !

From BBC Sport
Manchester City £265m investment

Big news coming out of Manchester City this morning with the club revealing a $400m investment from China.

I am told this should not be regarded as the start of an exit strategy from the current owners and that Sheik Mansour remains 100% committed to the club.

What it will do is open doors to a commercial market generally recognised as one of those that offers huge opportunities for growth.

It is also worth noting City are now worth approximately 10 times more than when Sheik Mansour bought it in 2008.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:26 am

7_Kewell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:Also a few reports linking us to Stoke's Butland, which makes me think Klopp isn't convinced by Migs as our long term keeper.

media now reporting Migs is having contract talks this week.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:07 am

woof woof ! » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 am wrote:Christs sake !

From BBC Sport
Manchester City £265m investment

Big news coming out of Manchester City this morning with the club revealing a $400m investment from China.

I am told this should not be regarded as the start of an exit strategy from the current owners and that Sheik Mansour remains 100% committed to the club.

What it will do is open doors to a commercial market generally recognised as one of those that offers huge opportunities for growth.

It is also worth noting City are now worth approximately 10 times more than when Sheik Mansour bought it in 2008.

The club wasn't worth sh!t when they took over anyway. They had a new stadium on lease...
What concerns me more are the rumours re; Messi - If they were to pull off this transfer, it will be the final nails into this thing we call football / sport.
They have now received a bank roll that could pay for such a transfer without it denting their books.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 am

7_Kewell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:Also a few reports linking us to Stoke's Butland, which makes me think Klopp isn't convinced by Migs as our long term keeper.

media now reporting Migs is having contract talks this week. Not surprising really apart from the blip in concentration the other day he's been fairly solid.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:38 am

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Galatasaray winger Kevin Grosskreutz, according to reports in Turkey
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:47 pm

C-R » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 am wrote:Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Galatasaray winger Kevin Grosskreutz, according to reports in Turkey

Does anyone know much about him? I know he was part of the Bundesliga winning side at Dortmund, did he play a vital part? What will he bring?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill