Liverpool v Rubin Kazan Thursday, 22 October, 20:05 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:03 am

I think there's a lot of square pegs and round holes in our squad atm, some of our players seem to suit a passing game whilst others seem to suit more of a direct-footy-style power game, when Coutinho first arrived here he was surrounded by players like Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge who all made great runs in behind defences, now all our players are static and either want the ball to feet or it lobbed into the box.
I think Jurgen has to decide which road he wants to go down, if it's the Coutinho route then imo he has to surround Phil with players like Sturridge, Markovic etc who will make runs in behind defenders and also players like Firmino who are on the same wavelength, if he wants to go down the power route then he needs to go out and find players who can actually cross a ball.
Coutinho looked out of sorts last season until Brendan threw Sterling up front, then we suddenly clicked and went on a great run that saw us top the form table for months.
Imo we have a lot of good players but they don't compliment each other's games (Benteke/Coutinho) and that's why we look so disjointed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 am

A very dull performance, and it just to show how much damage that BR had done to Liverpool!, the squad containes almost 85% od dud players, which it will take Klopp a quite long time to put it right, or he might optes to the second option of getting rid all the duds and make a major replacement!!.

Rubin Kazan is an average team but they give a lesson on how to defend and of top finishing.. which the present Liverpool team lacks very badly.

Only one player stood out and this is CAN, and Lucas in 2nd half the rest were useless.
The useless and expensive players are:
Clyne: no brain and can't defend.. A good England's player!!!
Firmino: A total useless dud but very expensive!
Benteke: Very stiff and work like statute, he won't score a lots of goals... Too expensive!!
Origa: A total Dud, and useless need to be loaned and get rid quickly, Expensive!
Lallana: Need to shape up quickly otherwise he be sold! below average!
Allan: Dud and need to be get rid quickly.. BR's  babe
Moreno: is almost a dud but he needs to improve quickly, otherwise he will be replaced.

I believe the only top striker we have in squad is Sturridge.. but he is a very bad injury prone!!, either will be sold or not renewed his contract! I feel sorry for him!
algymoon

Postby only me » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:37 am

algymoon » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:16 am wrote:A very dull performance, and it just to show how much damage that BR had done to Liverpool!, the squad containes almost 85% od dud players, which it will take Klopp a quite long time to put it right, or he might optes to the second option of getting rid all the duds and make a major replacement!!.

Rubin Kazan is an average team but they give a lesson on how to defend and of top finishing.. which the present Liverpool team lacks very badly.

Only one player stood out and this is CAN, and Lucas in 2nd half the rest were useless.
The useless and expensive players are:
Clyne: no brain and can't defend.. A good England's player!!!
Firmino: A total useless dud but very expensive!
Benteke: Very stiff and work like statute, he won't score a lots of goals... Too expensive!!
Origa: A total Dud, and useless need to be loaned and get rid quickly, Expensive!
Lallana: Need to shape up quickly otherwise he be sold! below average!
Allan: Dud and need to be get rid quickly.. BR's  babe
Moreno: is almost a dud but he needs to improve quickly, otherwise he will be replaced.

I believe the only top striker we have in squad is Sturridge.. but he is a very bad injury prone!!, either will be sold or not renewed his contract! I feel sorry for him!

Can was krap as well mate...Scoring didn't hide the his lack of position awareness over doing out of sync display...The lad is burning the pedal in neutral at the moment...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:30 pm

At least Allen was found out and hauled off at half time.

Can't remember the last time we had a manager with the balls to sub someone after 45 mins due to them being sh!te.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:30 pm wrote:At least Allen was found out and hauled off at half time.

Can't remember the last time we had a manager with the balls to sub someone after 45 mins due to them being sh!te.

The Welsh Xavi :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:41 am

I think there were definite signs that the managers influence is starting to filter through ,notably Lallana who looks like a different player under Klopp ,Origi also has a lot of  ability and with Klopp to guide him I actually believe we have a player there. However,  Skrtel looks lost ,and last night he was caught drifting out of position more than a few times ,these are worrying times for Big Martin ,I just don't see him suiting Klopps mind set.

As for the atmosphere, the initial YNWA was sang with conviction ,but then the whole ground fell a bit flat ,and the realisation that these players given to the manager to work with may never gel into an efficient composed well drilled unit such as Klopps last charges became evident ,but that was a Dortmund team that played as a team, and this is Liverpool team with some arguably very talented individuals who haven't been on the same wavelength for some considerable time.

The manager has had two games ,and if we had murdered Spurs and then stumbled such as we did against Kazan the disappointment would have been more tangible ,but in truth we never looked like scoring against Spurs and the same problems were revisited against Kazan. Klopp calls draws 'half wins' but he's an extremely intelligent tactician and in our first two games we've never looked like losing ,I think making us more durable has been to a certain extent already achieved ,and making us work harder  has also been successful. The fact that in two games he's removed our biggest ghosts seems to be lost on some.

I'm confident the rest will come ,and in time he will  spirit away our profligacy in front of goal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games