Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:09 am

andy_g » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 am wrote:
alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:36 am wrote:Wonder if Klopp rates him? Since he's just gone on a loan, could be possibility of him coming back if Klopp so desires to give him another crack at it. He himself might be more motivated working for Klopp as he has indicated he rates Klopp highly. That's the thing with new managers coming in, you never know who's gonna suddenly become flavour of the month and who's gonna drop off. Cream always rises though

hhmmm... have a little think about what klopp demands, and then a little think about what balotelli provides.

Precisely...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:03 am

You don't think that's a little oversimplified? Balotelli, under the right manager has provided goals, a thorn in the side of defenders, aggression, character and smiles. He's not hated like some think. Some players are like Balotelli. No one said only saints can be footballers. Maybe Klopp could get something out of him. Unlike Rodgers he's a world class name who has won things. He's humble and sincere. Rodgers saw Balotelli as some sort of mission to prove what a great manager he is. Mario quickly lost all respect for him, like Gerrard did, and Agger and Reina and Carroll, like many of us did. So BR sent him back to Milan at a loss of £16m. FSG would look very favourably on Klopp if he could reverse that and get something out of the investment. So would a lot of people.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:07 am

Depends also on how Balo performs at AC Milan. If he performs superbly well, then no way would he have returned to Anfield as long as BR was here. But with JK, he might just come back. I think with the right application of his talents and with the right manager, he could come good. He's not getting any younger and each club he goes to, he gets that little bit more mature. But also depends on how the rest of our strikeforce does this season. If one of our strikers (Ings, Origi or Benteke) goes and does an Aspas/Borini, then we might just welcome back a rehabilitated and fired up Balo. Anyway, this is too small a subplot at the moment. Key thing is how the player we do have now perform under JK...
Last edited by alxy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alxy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:57 am

Mario is a quality player but I just don't see him as a natural fit in terms of this aggressive gegenpressing style of Jurgen's. Apparently Klopp likes to pore over the distance covered stats after each game to see who has been putting a shift in and who hasn't and let's face it Mingolet probably covers more ground over the 90 minutes than Mario.
Mario's hold up play is second to none and in the right set up he'd be a revelation but 'full throttle/heavy metal' football is not really his forte imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:57 am wrote:Mario is a quality player but I just don't see him as a natural fit in terms of this aggressive gegenpressing style of Jurgen's. Apparently Klopp likes to pore over the distance covered stats after each game to see who has been putting a shift in and who hasn't and let's face it Mingolet probably covers more ground over the 90 minutes than Mario.
Mario's hold up play is second to none and in the right set up he'd be a revelation but 'full throttle/heavy metal' football is not really his forte imo.

A good point. But if Klopp and Mario were to hit it off from the start we might see him work harder. It's just my opinion. Klopp might have no intention of risking things on Balo. But at the same time, if Klopp believes he can make something of him, I'd have more faith in his self belief than I had in Rodgers. Balotelli has a 'handle with care' tag that Rodgers neglected. I don't feel that JK would make the same mistake.
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:24 pm

I'd leave this buffoon wherever he is.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Mario isn't a talented footballer, the guy struggles to make a five yard pass at times. What he is really is a lazy, overrated muppet that once in every 10 games scores a wonder goal... then goes back to being *****.

And that's coming from someone who actually liked Mario before he signed for us.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

if klopp brings balotelli back i will sing naked in the middle of bold street. if balotelli becomes an important player in klopp's team i will eat my own turds for a week

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Lol thats just disgusting mate.. :D
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

andy_g » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:15 pm wrote:if klopp brings balotelli back i will sing naked in the middle of bold street. if balotelli becomes an important player in klopp's team i will eat my own turds for a week

After awhile you'd be eating turds of turds. That couldn't be good.
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:40 pm

I suppose talking sh.it on the Balotelli thread is ok  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:46 pm

alxy

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:43 am

Liverpool forward Mario Balotelli, currently on loan at AC Milan, is reportedly set to undergo surgery on a groin problem and will not return to action until 2016.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:29 pm

C'mon now. he has shown so many times it doesn't matter what manager that is in charge, he will never change.
Talented, but extremely lazy and that makes it impossible for him to have a future at the club. Just another 16 million in the drain.
Can't see us getting more than 5 back if he moves back to Italy.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am

Balotelli is lazy selfish and arrogant. I believe by the end of the season under Klopp we will have a squad singing from the same hymn sheet something if balotelli was to come back would disrupt

Id understand if he was like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic players who have arrogance but also more talent than Balotelli could ever dream of

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion