Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:22 pm

OMG! 3 minutes into his AC Milan return and he goes and scores, you couldn't write this

Anyway here is the goal... https://vine.co/v/eT16XemhUEM
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Top quality finish!!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Fired outside the box, because he's too fecking lazy to make any runs.

Hope he nets 20+ for Milan and this will push up his value.  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:10 pm

happy for him and I hope he goes on to have a great season.
Does anyone know if suso played ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:33 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm wrote:happy for him and I hope he goes on to have a great season.

I couldn't find the game Mario scored in tbh mate.
Milan beat Empoli last weekend 2-1 but the goalscorers were Bacca (who we were interested in) and Adriano.
Suso started in the '10' position behind the 2 strikers so good to see the lad doing well for himself, Milan are a massive club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:33 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm wrote:happy for him and I hope he goes on to have a great season.

I couldn't find the game Mario scored in tbh mate.
Milan beat Empoli last weekend 2-1 but the goalscorers were Bacca (who we were interested in) and Adriano.
Suso started in the '10' position behind the 2 strikers so good to see the lad doing well for himself, Milan are a massive club.

It was a friendly game so i'd say that had a bit to do with not finding something proper.
I still think its early days for suso also and to be an automatic starter is a lot to ask since they have honda. Having players like him and pirlo giving advice I have no doubt he will become a starter in time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:01 pm

As I've always maintained, what a lazy MOFO...

http://www.espnfcasia.com/liverpool/sto ... en-gerrard

Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard agrees with Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho that Mario Balotelli is "unmanageable."

Balotelli, 25, has been loaned to AC Milan after struggling to make an impact at Liverpool following his move from the San Siro in 2014 -- and he impressed in the Milan derby on Sunday night despite a 1-0 loss to Inter.

The Italy international played under Mourinho when the Portuguese was in charge of Inter Milan, and in 2010 he warned clubs about his poor attitude.

Gerrard said in his book "My Story," which is being serialised in the Daily Mail: "After his promising debut against Tottenham, he had lapsed in training and the subsequent games. His demeanour was very poor. I made my up mind pretty quickly after that about Balotelli.

"We got on fine. I still tried to help him and I kept looking for chances to praise him but I could see why Mourinho had been right when he said Balotelli is unmanageable.

"He is very talented with the potential to be world class, but he'll never get there because of his mentality and the people around him. Balotelli's always late, he always wants attention."

Gerrard was unimpressed with the way Balotelli, who has scored four goals in 28 appearances for Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool, conducted himself in training.

The LA Galaxy midfielder said: "He made an immediate impression when we were doing work on our defensive set pieces and Balotelli said to Brendan: 'I don't mark on corners. I can't.'

"I nearly fell into the goalpost. I was thinking, 'What are you? 6-foot-3, and one of the strongest men I've ever seen on a football pitch? And you can't mark on a corner?'

"Brendan was very firm. He said to Balotelli: 'Well, you can now -- and if you can't then you're going to learn.'

"That was the first conflict between Brendan and Balotelli, on day one, but the manager stood up to Mario really well. From that point, Balotelli started marking on corners."

The ex-England captain added: "In my last season, Brendan Rodgers came to me at Melwood one day in mid-August. We had a chat on the training pitch.

"He said, 'You know we've missed out on a couple of signings. I'm basically left with no option but to have a bit of a gamble.'

"Brendan paused before he spoke again: 'The gamble is Mario Balotelli.' My instant reaction was, 'Uh-oh.' I'd never met Balotelli but I'd heard all the stories about the indoor fireworks and Jose Mourinho describing him as an 'unmanageable' player.

"I could see that, in the right mood, he was a quality footballer but the rest of his career seemed like a spectacular waste of talent. That was my opinion of Balotelli."
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Class
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:31 pm

He was a gamble that didnt work. Hes a gamble wherever he goes and it will never work because hes set in his disruptive ways.
He will retire soon when he gets bored enough
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:52 am

The lad's a weirdo.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:48 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:He was a gamble that didnt work. Hes a gamble wherever he goes and it will never work because hes set in his disruptive ways.
He will be gone as soon as he gets enough houses or the Anfield carpenters  rectify the width of the doorframes so he cant get his over inflated ego in anymore

There's a thread about the manager you know mate  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:36 am

Wonder if Klopp rates him? Since he's just gone on a loan, could be possibility of him coming back if Klopp so desires to give him another crack at it. He himself might be more motivated working for Klopp as he has indicated he rates Klopp highly. That's the thing with new managers coming in, you never know who's gonna suddenly become flavour of the month and who's gonna drop off. Cream always rises though
alxy

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:08 am

alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 am wrote:Wonder if Klopp rates him? Since he's just gone on a loan, could be possibility of him coming back if Klopp so desires to give him another crack at it. He himself might be more motivated working for Klopp as he has indicated he rates Klopp highly. That's the thing with new managers coming in, you never know who's gonna suddenly become flavour of the month and who's gonna drop off. Cream always rises though

I would be very very surprised if Mario Balotelli became successful under Klopp... the guy's a scrub...
Btw, I dont understand what it is with you Mario Balotelli romantics. Always wishing and hoping he'd turn good.  He's never going to become a consistently good player...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:36 am

maguskwt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:08 am wrote:
alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 am wrote:Wonder if Klopp rates him? Since he's just gone on a loan, could be possibility of him coming back if Klopp so desires to give him another crack at it. He himself might be more motivated working for Klopp as he has indicated he rates Klopp highly. That's the thing with new managers coming in, you never know who's gonna suddenly become flavour of the month and who's gonna drop off. Cream always rises though

I would be very very surprised if Mario Balotelli became successful under Klopp... the guy's a scrub...
Btw, I dont understand what it is with you Mario Balotelli romantics. Always wishing and hoping he'd turn good.  He's never going to become a consistently good player...

Personally I think he deserves a chance and he didn't really get one under Rodgers. You might not understand the romance, but I don't understand the "hysteria" for want of a better word, heh. We've always had character (until BR sold it all). Grobbelaar punched Macca. Gerrard has scythed players in half. Suarez has bitten people. Fowler snorted the line at Goodison. These guys are all legends, loved by the Kop. That's because they were good players and important characters.
You may be right and he'd never do well for us. But with a manager who has a bit of character too, and allows his players to express themselves, we could see a very useful player. Not many defenders enjoy playing against Balo when he's correctly managed. I reckon he's worth a shot. Got a feeling Klopp will think likewise and that the owners will be happy with that. A productive Balotelli would highlight that FSG made a good decision regarding Rodgers.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:04 am

alxy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:36 am wrote:Wonder if Klopp rates him? Since he's just gone on a loan, could be possibility of him coming back if Klopp so desires to give him another crack at it. He himself might be more motivated working for Klopp as he has indicated he rates Klopp highly. That's the thing with new managers coming in, you never know who's gonna suddenly become flavour of the month and who's gonna drop off. Cream always rises though

hhmmm... have a little think about what klopp demands, and then a little think about what balotelli provides.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion