Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Lets be honest here ,the fella was probably on his way to becoming the most vilified manager in Liverpool's history ,his ineptitude and lack of any tactical knowledge was evident to those that could  see past the expensive suits that he clearly had his arse hanging out!  As for the apologists who sounded more and more desperate to cling on to the media perpetuated myth he was the 'best young manager in the game' ,well I'm afraid in the cold light of day they just came across as ridiculous and as off stride as the Ministry of silly walks.

At times it was like reading the doctrines of cult members  ,and short of locking them in a room and showing them the 2005 Champions League final on 'repeat' there seemed no end to them proffering credence for his increased tenure .

So glad he's gone ,dare I say completely euphoric ,we suffered this dissembler for longer than his comfortable ,we watched in pain as he lowered our expectance levels ,we listened in complete disbelief as some of the most regurgitate diatribe poured out from the media and the more malleable of fans.

He was a odd little man who had no discernible traits ,but to some he was like  fucking Svengali ,his footsteps will be brushed away as easily as spilt sugar.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:Lets be honest here ,the fella was probably on his way to becoming the most vilified manager in Liverpool's history ,his ineptitude and lack of any tactical knowledge was evident to those that could  see past the expensive suits that he clearly had his ***** hanging out!  As for the apologists who sounded more and more desperate to cling on to the media perpetuated myth he was the 'best young manager in the game' ,well I'm afraid in the cold light of day they just came across as ridiculous and as off stride as the Ministry of silly walks.

At times it was like reading the doctrines of cult members  ,and short of locking them in a room and showing them the 2005 Champions League final on 'repeat' there seemed no end to them proffering credence for his increased tenure .

So glad he's gone ,dare I say completely euphoric ,we suffered this dissembler for longer than his comfortable ,we watched in pain as he lowered our expectance levels ,we listened in complete disbelief as some of the most regurgitate diatribe poured out from the media and the more malleable of fans.

He was a odd little man who had no discernible traits ,but to some he was like  fucking Svengali ,his footsteps will be brushed away as easily as spilt sugar.

Spot on RBG  :nod
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:31 pm

I was open to Brendan coming here and enjoyed his gungho, cavalier approach to attacking football. It reminded me of Kevin Keegan and so nearly took us to the ultimate prize  in English football. However, like Keegan, he was quickly out smarted by other managers and ended up making the same mistakes over and over again.

No Suarez, wasted millions and tactical nativity proved to be BR's undoing.

Then there was his image...his shiny teeth, that dreadful TV show and the idea that he was trying to forge his own brand, while his awful, cringe worthy sound bites make him look all the more the fool. "You can live without water for many days, but you can't live for a second without hope." There's many more....I won't bore you with them.

But the worst thing for me was the way he threw his staff under the bus. These were his friends. The guys who worked closest with him, yet he thought nothing of binning them off in a bleak hope that it would save his neck. It didn't and I'm glad he's gone. Time to move onwards and upwards.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I echo the sentiments above. Whatever comes next can't be as bad as the last couple of years. Whoever has to undo BR's work will have patience and sympathy.
Is anyone else reminded of Lord of the Rings and the hypnotic hold Saruman had on Theoden? BR is Saruman, Theoden is the fans, and hopefully Klopp will be Gandalf. There's light in the sky after all.

Oh, and back to the OP... Yes! Much too big.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Lol at above.

Allen can be golum. Btw big lotr fan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:08 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:Lets be honest here ,the fella was probably on his way to becoming the most vilified manager in Liverpool's history ,his ineptitude and lack of any tactical knowledge was evident to those that could  see past the expensive suits that he clearly had his arse hanging out!  As for the apologists who sounded more and more desperate to cling on to the media perpetuated myth he was the 'best young manager in the game' ,well I'm afraid in the cold light of day they just came across as ridiculous and as off stride as the Ministry of silly walks.

Well said RBG, I wanted to post the same thing but tbh he doesn't even deserve his own obituary.

Too all those saying he was dignified and honorable in his exit, you all have very short memories, the guy threw his FRIENDS under the bus only a few months ago to save his own neck.  :no To all those saying he is a tactical genius and will be successful somewhere else, I can't wait to hear your pathetic excuses when he keeps getting fired from every other mid-table team that hires him.

Clueless manager, shocking individual and deluded little man.

A truly dark blot in our proud history, now all but hopefully a bitter distant memory.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:47 pm

Nobody says it quite the way Eds and RBG say it :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 am

As usual, folks exaggerate when the adrenaline is flowing.

Woy was far worse than BR. I remember being at the Wolves game at the end of his tenure.... talk me through that one.

Anyway, no need continue stabbing a dead body, let's move on.  KLOPP OUT !  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:41 am

I agree, what is done is done Reg.

KLOPP OUT!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Reg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:44 am wrote:As usual, folks exaggerate when the adrenaline is flowing.

Woy was far worse than BR. I remember being at the Wolves game at the end of his tenure.... talk me through that one.

Anyway, no need continue stabbing a dead body, let's move on.  KLOPP OUT !  :laugh:

Spot on! And with the likes on here that Klopp Out may turn from sarcasm to sincerity sooner than later.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:Lets be honest here ,the fella was probably on his way to becoming the most vilified manager in Liverpool's history ,his ineptitude and lack of any tactical knowledge was evident to those that could  see past the expensive suits that he clearly had his arse hanging out!  As for the apologists who sounded more and more desperate to cling on to the media perpetuated myth he was the 'best young manager in the game' ,well I'm afraid in the cold light of day they just came across as ridiculous and as off stride as the Ministry of silly walks.

Yes RBG we know you didn't like him (minor understatement) but nobody likes a "I TOLD YOU SO" smart arse !! It would have been very simple to go down the same route as you and the rest of the Whinge Committee and simply give Suarez all the credit for us nearly winning the league in Rogers second season. But whilst Suarez was a massive inspiration he was part of a team and Rogers managed that team.Unlike you I wasn't going to suddenly turn on Rogers the second things started going wrong.Of course Chelsea and Crystal Palace were huge disappointments but lets face it shit happens.Very difficult to legislate for the most infamous and cruelest slip in the history (possibly) of the game !! I'm not going to cry over spilled milk and run for a comfort blanket and a dummy like some of you,instead I'm going to remember that year for Anfield having the best atmosphere probably this century.Rogers most definitely made a positive contribution.I know you can't abide the bloke but he deserves a more credit than you are prepared to give him.

Lucas is most certainly not everybody's favourite and for some very understandable reasons.One being he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. However you eulogise about him as if he can walk on water !! Hardly ever hear you have a bad word about him and yet time and time again you castigated an ageing Gerrard for his shortcomings which were largely down to the very average players that  were along side him. No doubt you will argue that you give credit where credit was due.Unfortunately that never applied to Rogers.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:05 pm

devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm wrote:

Yes RBG we know you didn't like him (minor understatement) but nobody likes a "I TOLD YOU SO" smart arse !! It would have been very simple to go down the same route as you and the rest of the Whinge Committee and simply give Suarez all the credit for us nearly winning the league in Rogers second season. But whilst Suarez was a massive inspiration he was part of a team and Rogers managed that team.Unlike you I wasn't going to suddenly turn on Rogers the second things started going wrong.Of course Chelsea and Crystal Palace were huge disappointments but lets face it shit happens.Very difficult to legislate for the most infamous and cruelest slip in the history (possibly) of the game !! I'm not going to cry over spilled milk and run for a comfort blanket and a dummy like some of you,instead I'm going to remember that year for Anfield having the best atmosphere probably this century.Rogers most definitely made a positive contribution.I know you can't abide the bloke but he deserves a more credit than you are prepared to give him.

Lucas is most certainly not everybody's favourite and for some very understandable reasons.One being he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. However you eulogise about him as if he can walk on water !! Hardly ever hear you have a bad word about him and yet time and time again you castigated an ageing Gerrard for his shortcomings which were largely down to the very average players that  were along side him. No doubt you will argue that you give credit where credit was due.Unfortunately that never applied to Rogers.

That's not strictly true ,at one time I backed him as vehemently as you, its just we cant all be so sluggish on the uptake ,just sometimes its a case of jumping out before your words carry less weight than Barbies slippers .

Even a cat wont lap up spilt milk when it turns bad and is leaked from a shrunken tit   :D 

The fans love him ,he loves the fans , Its not just me that gets Lucas fella ,and you have my express sympathy that his qualities have some how evaded you ,evidently not every fan can be expected to be as perceptive as the Kop   :;):   Keep learning !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 pm

RBG - where did I say that I didn't like Lucas? Always been an avid supporter. You unfortunately missed the point - hey ho - KEEP READING !!  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 pm

devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:15 pm wrote:RBG - where did I say that I didn't like Lucas? Always been an avid supporter. You unfortunately missed the point - hey ho - KEEP READING !!  :laugh:

I misconstrued  ,and there's me thinking 'One being he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas' was pointing to your disappointment ,as opposed to being thankful that we have someone at the club prepared to make them in the first place. So thanks for your elusive post Dev it challenges my cognitive process to the extent it refutes your macular degeneration  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:37 pm wrote:
devaney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:15 pm wrote:RBG - where did I say that I didn't like Lucas? Always been an avid supporter. You unfortunately missed the point - hey ho - KEEP READING !!  :laugh:

I misconstrued  ,and there's me thinking 'One being he gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas' was pointing to your disappointment ,as opposed to being thankful that we have someone at the club prepared to make them in the first place. So thanks for your elusive post Dev it challenges my cognitive process to the extent it refutes your macular degeneration  :D

As I said nobody likes a smart ars.e !!!!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member