ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am

red till i die!! » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 pm wrote:I hope he wasn't bought with that in mind.
What is the story with his injury though. Did he really break a bone in his back because Rodgers only said he might have ?.

Rodgers said they were going to have a second scan mate, they suspect he might have broken a bone but the first scan was inconclusive.

only me wrote:How long will he be out?

Rodgers said he's not putting a timeframe on any of the injuries (including Benteke's and Lovren's) but we are talking weeks mate. Bit open ended I know but that's what he has said.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:11 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:44 pm wrote:I hope he wasn't bought with that in mind.
What is the story with his injury though. Did he really break a bone in his back because Rodgers only said he might have ?.

Rodgers said they were going to have a second scan mate, they suspect he might have broken a bone but the first scan was inconclusive.

only me wrote:How long will he be out?

Rodgers said he's not putting a timeframe on any of the injuries (including Benteke's and Lovren's) but we are talking weeks mate. Bit open ended I know but that's what he has said.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... le.php#c13 says he is out with a back injury and expected to return 17th October.

I think rodgers was looking for a bit of sympathy with that claim TBH.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Hoping new boss gets the best out of him. Btw what is firminho fav position?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:20 pm

I think he likes Coutinhos position
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Doeboy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:02 pm

Think he is a number 10. Way too early to judge him, the lad has hardly played and has already received some flak from certain quarters which is ridiculous. Klopp will know all about him so should hopefully help the settling in phase
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:49 pm

RedAnt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:20 pm wrote:I think he likes Coutinhos position

Probably a good thing because unless we achieve something this season Coutinho won't be around for the next one   :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Firmino reminds me of Lamela. He has what it takes to become a top player but seems to lack the drive and determination (I know its early) that separates the top players (ones with similar abilities; Sanchez, Ribery, etc.) from the ones who are labeled talents into their mid twenties.

That said, we're yet to see him given a go in his natural position which is down the middle so heres for hoping he comes good in the second half of the season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm

so far all i see is the new luis garcia. something inherently likeable but ultimately unproductive. apparently klopp was interested in taking him to dortmund so if he comes in as manager i guess we'll get the chance to see more of firmino in his preferred position. maybe its best to leave any real judgement til then.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 pm

There's a player in there but right now there's not much inspiration in the squad. Like Woof says, we may well need him if the interest in Coutinho is real. Maybe I'm a romantic but I'd love to see Klopp or whoever bring back some names. Alonso, Gerrard, Mascha, Agger, Carra. Fowler has been mentioned. Didi. A player (or coach) or two of that ilk could bring some identity back and help the manager and new guys such as Firmino to bond and settle in. It'd also help communicate with the fans.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Firmino is an attacking mid who can play left wing at a pinch. If we play a front 3 of him Coutinho and Sturridge he can also act as a second striker.

I would however, like Coutinho playing the number 8 role just behind Firmino, with 2 natural strikers in front of him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:48 am

You hit the nail on the head, the first thing the new manager has to do is to work out exactly what he can do with the disparate squad BR built. It's like looking at a 1000 piece jigsaw for the first time. And he'll have to do this without Stu's guidance.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Well he ain't a winger that's for sure!

Frimino is an AM, a classic number 10 player. He can also play as a striker but I wouldn't play him like Brazil did with him as a lone striker. Playing him alongside Sturridge/Benteke/Ings might be an interesting thing to try though. But as I said, his best position is AM and that's where I want to see him. I know that Coutinho plays there, but I still believe that playing Coutinho in a midfield of 3 while playing Frimino just in front of them won't be a bad idea. It might slightly reduce Pip's effectiveness, but it will greatly increase Frimino's, and that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Reg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 am wrote:You hit the nail on the head, the first thing the new manager has to do is to work out exactly what he can do with the disparate squad BR built. It's like looking at a 1000 piece jigsaw for the first time. And he'll have to do this without Stu's guidance.

Thought about poor old Stu the other day. Wondered what he'd have made of all this?

He'd either love or hate Klopp in equal measure  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:51 pm

damjan193 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:16 am wrote:Well he ain't a winger that's for sure!

Frimino is an AM, a classic number 10 player. He can also play as a striker but I wouldn't play him like Brazil did with him as a lone striker. Playing him alongside Sturridge/Benteke/Ings might be an interesting thing to try though. But as I said, his best position is AM and that's where I want to see him. I know that Coutinho plays there, but I still believe that playing Coutinho in a midfield of 3 while playing Frimino just in front of them won't be a bad idea. It might slightly reduce Pip's effectiveness, but it will greatly increase Frimino's, and that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Exactly as I posted above. Play Coutinho deeper in the midfield and let Firmino play off 2 strikers. Don't play on the wing!
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 am

7_Kewell » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:28 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:48 am wrote:You hit the nail on the head, the first thing the new manager has to do is to work out exactly what he can do with the disparate squad BR built. It's like looking at a 1000 piece jigsaw for the first time. And he'll have to do this without Stu's guidance.

Thought about poor old Stu the other day. Wondered what he'd have made of all this?

He'd either love or hate Klopp in equal measure  :D

Same here. He's probably delighted about Rodgers leaving. Not sure he'd have taken Klopp over Ancelotti but he definitely would have had an interesting take on things !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion