Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 pm

As it happens.... Yes!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 pm

In the end, the job became too big for him as the pressure intensified. He's not the only one to blame though. The way the club is run is an utter shambles. Ayre needs binning now as well as the committee. I expect that will come after the appointment of a director of football.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Pathetic how happy people are that he's gone, and how many Liverpool "fans" were hoping for a poor result against Everton so that he'd get sacked.

With that said, it was time. Nobody is surprised to see him go, but I'm still certain he'll be a good manager for somebody and I doubt he will be jobless long unless he wants to be. If we don't end up with Klopp or Ancelotti, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the fans that wanted Rogers out. I'm sure it won't be a positive one.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:02 am

Ultimately the job was too big for him and a massive jump up from where he was.

I think BR will be back soon at maybe a Villa. Sunderland or maybe even Newcastle.  I think that is probably the level he should be looking to rebuild his career and can see him doing a good job at that level where the expectancy is not massive
Doeboy

Postby mramo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:11 am

ethanr wrote:Pathetic how happy people are that he's gone, and how many Liverpool "fans" were hoping for a poor result against Everton so that he'd get sacked.

With that said, it was time. Nobody is surprised to see him go, but I'm still certain he'll be a good manager for somebody and I doubt he will be jobless long unless he wants to be. If we don't end up with Klopp or Ancelotti, it will be interesting to see the reaction of the fans that wanted Rogers out. I'm sure it won't be a positive one.

Having just slandered the majority of us on this forum, why is it pathetic that people and Liverpool fans are happy he's gone? And exactly which sets of people (other than kids and the uneducated) hoped for an Everton loss? I, for one, certainly didn't wish that today. I was hoping BR steered us to 3 points and built on that win. A draw was the final nail in the coffin after winning 1 in 9 games in all competitions.
mramo

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:16 am

stmichael » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 am wrote:In the end, the job became too big for him as the pressure intensified. He's not the only one to blame though. The way the club is run is an utter shambles. Ayre needs binning now as well as the committee. I expect that will come after the appointment of a director of football.

+1. Spot on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:56 am

ethanr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:40 pm wrote:Pathetic how happy people are that he's gone, and how many Liverpool "fans" were hoping for a poor result against Everton so that he'd get sacked.

What are you on about? Personally I find it pathetic that you would post this. I and several others didn't want him in the first place. We watched him destroy our club for three years. I'm delighted he's gone. Who are you to be calling us pathetic?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:15 am

Could you picture Borini's face if Rodgers ends up at Sunderland  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

mramo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:11 pm wrote:
ethanr wrote:Pathetic how happy people are that he's gone, and how many Liverpool "fans" were hoping for a poor result against Everton so that he'd get sacked.

Having just slandered the majority of us on this forum, why is it pathetic that people and Liverpool fans are happy he's gone? And exactly which sets of people (other than kids and the uneducated) hoped for an Everton loss? I, for one, certainly didn't wish that today. I was hoping BR steered us to 3 points and built on that win. A draw was the final nail in the coffin after winning 1 in 9 games in all competitions.

Just look at the match thread... A couple were quite open about hoping for a poor result to get him out the door.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Even if we had won the derby he was a gonner, so they were all chatting sh'it
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:25 am

I am glad he is gone, but I feel for him. Working under the committee would have been a nightmare. It's obvious though, he does struggle in the transfer market.
I think Newcastle would be the perfect club for him. Money to spend, less restrictions and less expectation. It isn't a pleasant feeling when a manager gets sacked.

What I think was ***** for him, was the way he was sacked. Via a phone call from the US? Really. And then to send Ayre to his house. He would already feel like Sh*t, then to see Ayre walking up your driveway.
His time was up last season, so prolonging it just made the situation worse but I have no doubt he will have a good career as a manager.

All the best to him, he gave me the best season of football in my life.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:43 am

I heard that the team went back to Melwood after the Bitters game, I guess thats where they travel from/leave the cars and he was told there by Ayres. If Henry was at the game why would he be called from the US?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:31 am

According to the daily mail, he received a phone call from the US from Michael Gordon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -fate.html

A few other outlets reporting the same.

Was Henry at the game?
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 am

ethanr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:40 pm wrote:Pathetic how happy people are that he's gone, and how many Liverpool "fans" were hoping for a poor result against Everton so that he'd get sacked.

Yep, even if you wanted him gone it costs f[uck] all to show a bit of magnanimity and dignity. He tried his best and although it ultimately wasn't good enough it very, very nearly was.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:28 pm

ethanr » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm wrote:
mramo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:11 pm wrote:

Just look at the match thread... A couple were quite open about hoping for a poor result to get him out the door.

didn't see anyone wishing for a defeat by Everton...clearly you don't understand local rivalries here on merseyside...and with regards to the pathetic excuse for a manager, any team employing him will bear the fruits of his inadequacy...heres hoping he gets a plum job with chelsea,man city, manu or arsenal :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion