Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:56 pm

crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:Not surprised or shocked, and over the last month I have thought he needs to go for a variety of reasons.

However he did take us to within a slip and a sending off of winning the Pl and no one can take that away from him. We also played the best football we have played since 1989 at times.

Br will make it as a top manager somewhere. Probably abroad. I wish him well and hope we get Carlo..

Agree with all this, except hope we get Jurgen.

Plenty of effort from Brendan and sorry it didn't work out.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 pm

tonyeh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:
crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:However he did take us to within a slip and a sending off of winning the Pl and no one can take that away from him. We also played the best football we have played since 1989 at times.

I think there's a lot of people forgetting this and while I also think that it is time for Rodgers to go, it's incredibly short sighted to place all of the blame for Liverpool's troubles on his shoulders, like some fans are doing.

Plus, if anyone thinks that a new manager is just going to waltz in and take Liverpool to top four and beyond, then they're away with the faeries. There's more problems at the club than just the manager.

Good post, not sure what the answer is, never been keen on the sugar-daddy model but we're not right at the minute.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:29 pm

Gave me the best Premier League season in 20 years as a fan. In the end, he gave his best and it wasn't good enough. What I don't get is why this decision wasn't made in the summer.

I wish him all the best in the future.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:44 pm

Was bound to happen sooner or later. At least this international break will be interesting for us though I suspect that FSG already have a replacement lined-up.

Anyway, thank you Rodgers for that one amazing season, wish him all the best for the rest of his career.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 am

damjan193 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:44 pm wrote:Was bound to happen sooner or later. At least this international break will be interesting for us though I suspect that FSG already have a replacement lined-up.

Anyway, thank you Rodgers for that one amazing season, wish him all the best for the rest of his career.

They better have the replacement lined up. This season is completely thrown just when it looked like the team was recovering. Top 4 was not out of reach. Winning a cup was not out of reach. But if FSG have now sacked Rodgers without securing a replacement, this season is completely gone for us!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:37 am

7_Kewell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:55 am wrote:Carra and Henry's reaction to Brendan getting the boot...

https://vine.co/v/e2OFtXVuh2V

Henry's expression is of a man who didn't know.
Carra shows no surprise whatsoever, in fact he is purposely not showing any reaction. I suggest he knew.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:44 am

One thing is for sure, they looked at the October/November fixture list and realised under BR we would probably pick up few points. It's inconceivable therefore they don't have a replacement lined up.

The successor's appointment is the biggest management decision the club has made in 25 years. After all that money spent, get it wrong now and we'll never recover.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 am

Brendan Rodgers sacked: Jamie Carragher says timing by Liverpool owners is all wrong

'That’s what I don’t like. Just do it in the summer, if that’s the situation'

4 October 2015 23:11 BST0 comments

Jamie Carragher criticised the owners of Liverpool for their handling of Brendan Rodgers’ sacking, saying the decision-making of Fenway Sports Group is “miles off” where it should be.

The former Liverpool vice-captain said Rodgers had been fortunate to keep his job in the summer but that the timing was all wrong to let him go now. “It hasn’t gone well for [Rodgers] this season,” said Carragher on Sky Sports.

“He needed to make a good start because maybe he was fortunate in terms of staying on at the end of last season. His staff moved on and new staff came in. He spent £70m-80m, and then seven games later, Liverpool are changing their manager.

“That’s what I don’t like. Just do it in the summer, if that’s the situation. They finished poorly last season, he will have known himself that he would have to make a big start and he hasn’t, and that’s where the pressure comes from. So [the owners FSG] have made a decision now, but at this moment their track record in making decisions for Liverpool Football Club over the past two or three years has not been good enough. It’s miles off.”

Garry Monk, the manager of Rodgers’ old club Swansea City, said the Northern Irishman did not merit the sack. “I am surprised, I cannot believe it,” said Monk after learning of Rodgers’ fate following Swansea’s game against Tottenham yesterday. “It is a very harsh decision, he did not deserve that at all. He is a top manager. You do not know what happens behind closed doors, but I am really shocked.

“I will try and speak to him, you never like to see things like that, he did a great job here and I am not sure who would do a better job at Liverpool.

“He will bounce back, he was so supportive to me, giving me advice when I got the job here. He is a top man and a top manager. I don’t understand it.”

The Independant
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:48 am

Well, I agree.
But I have been extremely sceptical of the owners ever since the decision of hiring him.
When I heard about Martinez, Rodgers as the names in play and no established managers, I started viewing FSG with suspicision.
They wanted a yes man, end of. For me that was bad news, as the footballing side suffers.
And after experience I wouldn't trust americans to play with any open cards when it comes to business....
Combine that with the fact that they have NO vested interest in football at all, and I see red alarm bells...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:05 am

Betting now suspended on Klopp with most bookies
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 am

Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:18 am wrote:Brendan Rodgers sacked: Jamie Carragher says timing by Liverpool owners is all wrong

'That’s what I don’t like. Just do it in the summer, if that’s the situation'

4 October 2015 23:11 BST0 comments

Jamie Carragher criticised the owners of Liverpool for their handling of Brendan Rodgers’ sacking, saying the decision-making of Fenway Sports Group is “miles off” where it should be.

The former Liverpool vice-captain said Rodgers had been fortunate to keep his job in the summer but that the timing was all wrong to let him go now. “It hasn’t gone well for [Rodgers] this season,” said Carragher on Sky Sports.

“He needed to make a good start because maybe he was fortunate in terms of staying on at the end of last season. His staff moved on and new staff came in. He spent £70m-80m, and then seven games later, Liverpool are changing their manager.

“That’s what I don’t like. Just do it in the summer, if that’s the situation. They finished poorly last season, he will have known himself that he would have to make a big start and he hasn’t, and that’s where the pressure comes from. So [the owners FSG] have made a decision now, but at this moment their track record in making decisions for Liverpool Football Club over the past two or three years has not been good enough. It’s miles off.”

Garry Monk, the manager of Rodgers’ old club Swansea City, said the Northern Irishman did not merit the sack. “I am surprised, I cannot believe it,” said Monk after learning of Rodgers’ fate following Swansea’s game against Tottenham yesterday. “It is a very harsh decision, he did not deserve that at all. He is a top manager. You do not know what happens behind closed doors, but I am really shocked.

“I will try and speak to him, you never like to see things like that, he did a great job here and I am not sure who would do a better job at Liverpool.

“He will bounce back, he was so supportive to me, giving me advice when I got the job here. He is a top man and a top manager. I don’t understand it.”

The Independant

Precisely...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:46 am

He should never have been here and was found wanting a long, long time ago.

His meltdown last week showed him for what he truly was and glad that he has left although it should have been back in May.

FSG are going to have their work cut out for them if they are going to convince either Klopp or Ancelotti to come over after their disastrous tenure as owners. I believe the best thing now is for them to accept defeat and just sell the club, so we can all start believing again. A new manager will need time, money and a free reign to rebuild the club. None of what FSG can provide.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 am

Word is FSG have no plan for a caretaker manager. That suggests to me they know who they want and are confident they'll get him, probably already had positive conversations with their targets agent.

Hope it's Klopp  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:22 am

glad the saga is over. Thanks for 'the' season when we actually looked like a Liverpool Team.

Klopp? Achelotti? be careful what we wish for.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 am

woof woof ! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:54 am wrote:Word is FSG have no plan for a caretaker manager. That suggests to me they know who they want and are confident they'll get him, probably already had positive conversations with their targets agent.

Hope it's Klopp  :buttrock

Pretty much nailed on imo. Most bookies have stopped taking bets.

Be a real statement of intent  :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion