Everton V Liverpool - Sunday 4th October K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:52 pm

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm wrote: I've defended Milner, but this game shows his shortcomings as a CM. Passes were erratic. Easily bullied off the ball.

:no

His biggest shortcoming is lack of acceleration/pace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:56 pm

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:41 pm wrote:Agreed with yakka, the defense has been a major improvement. I've defended Milner, but this game shows his shortcomings as a CM. Passes were erratic. Easily bullied off the ball. The failure of Milner and Coutinho today robbed the strikers of any chances...

I'm no fan of Milner but I thought he at least put a shift in today and competed which is what you have got to do in a derby, agree about the lack of quality though, as a team if we want to compete for the biggest prizes in the game you need more than just sheer effort.
I thought the defence played really, really well, I've watched Lukaku, Barkley and Naysmith rip the likes of Chelsea and Southampton to absolute shreds this season and it was nice to see us stand up to be counted for once, good to see one or two of our players getting fired up as well, I think we have been far to passive this past 12 months and it was good to see them showing a bit of passion for once instead of walking around with their shoulders slumped and staring at their boots.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Well; we didn't lose and the team played as good as it could.
Hopefully BR will look back at his LFC time and be proud that he didn't lose to the bitters! Hopefully...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm

Two poor sides slugging it out and a fair result though Mignolet was the busier keeper.

Sturridge and Couthino not at the races and its not that it was especially bad just very ordinary and we dont look like a side going in a forward direction.

Flat and boring, we need something new and that wont come from Rodgers.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Story of the game

Mignolet was world class and kept us in the game ,Sturridge completely nullified ,Ings nets to gift us the lead against the run of play ,and we still cant close a game down and concede in under 4 minutes ,Ings is replaced by Lallana when it was evident we needed  Origi a player to run behind their defence and free up Sturridge . Can clearly doesn't want to be played at the back ,Lucas was stopping the Bitterz gaining any momentum from midfield by breaking up 'everything' and then subsequently replaced by Allen rather than risk another yellow.  ???

Sloppy in possession ,no real invention ,Milner accentuating the 'ordinary' and Teixeira not even on the bench 

The manager congratulates himself on yet another draw and another failure to hold the lead ,kind of tells us just how euphoric he is over his possible stay of execution.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:03 pm

I think one or two are being a bit overly critical, derby games are always tough wether it's Liverpool v Everton or Port Vale v Stoke and a draw away at Goodison is a decent result for us. Our season certainly wont be ruined by a draw at Everton that's for sure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:11 pm

For the first time in years (since the Souness era) that I didn't bother following, watching or even attempting to get a ticket for the derby. Just can't bring myself to watch the same old clueless sh!te that we've become under our current management.

However I caught Rodger's post-match interview on the radio and had to turn it off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:I think one or two are being a bit overly critical, derby games are always tough wether it's Liverpool v Everton or Port Vale v Stoke and a draw away at Goodison is a decent result for us. Our season certainly wont be ruined by a draw at Everton that's for sure.

Agree, decent point away from home. We played OK enough first half without being great. Second half the quality dipped and became a more scrappy affair. Certainly didn't think we were terrible. Dissapointment was the manner in which we conceded and also Coutinho, who never really got into the game.  He has too many of these kind of games in a season for my liking
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:16 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:03 pm wrote:I think one or two are being a bit overly critical, derby games are always tough wether it's Liverpool v Everton or Port Vale v Stoke and a draw away at Goodison is a decent result for us. Our season certainly wont be ruined by a draw at Everton that's for sure.

I know exactly how tough Derby games are fella ,and I've just come from one ,but it could have been every other game we've played with this formation , so tell me what differed ? Why couldn't he make changes to allow  our (in his words ) 'top elite striker' to be freed up ? Why did he persist with Ings whose pace significantly slowed after he picked up a knock ? Why did he not see this as an opportunity to introduce pace to expose a makeshift Bitterz defence ? Why is he so adamant that this is an improved performance ? Finally why the fuck is he still here  ???

I'm sick of this shite ,its just rinse repeat, rinse repeat !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:31 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:16 pm wrote:

I know exactly how tough Derby games are fella ,and I've just come from one ,but it could have been every other game we've played with this formation , so tell me what differed ? Why couldn't he make changes to allow  our (in his words ) 'top elite striker' to be freed up ? Why did he persist with Ings whose pace significantly slowed after he picked up a knock ? Why did he not see this as an opportunity to introduce pace to expose a makeshift Bitterz defence ? Why is he so adamant that this is an improved performance ? Finally why the fuck is he still here  ???

Any side in the division wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw away at Goodison atm, Everton wiped the floor recently with the likes of Chelsea and Southampton and are no mugs on their own patch.
Whatever your opinion of Rodgers is the team did well today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:16 pm wrote:

Any side in the division wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw away at Goodison atm, Everton wiped the floor recently with the likes of Chelsea and Southampton and are no mugs on their own patch.
Whatever your opinion of Rodgers is the team did well today.

I'm not going to debate fella ,you think we played well ,I didn't .....He's gone ,lets get back to celebrating football  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:50 am

Wow... Didn't expect it. FSG better have someone lined up before sacking Rodgers otherwise this season is completely thrown just when it looked like the team was recovering.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:10 am

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 pm wrote:Wow... Didn't expect it. FSG better have someone lined up before sacking Rodgers otherwise this season is completely thrown just when it looked like the team was recovering.

Recovering from what, Mags?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby algymoon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:27 am

Really we should have won that game if the team formation was correct. The Keeper played so well to keep us in game, but man of the match is CAN despite giffting Everton their goal.. He is not a defender!

As for the sacking of BR, which it was over due, but in fact I blame the LFC owner for their timing. Br should have been sack after Stock City 6-1 biggest defeat, to keep him on and give him more funds to buy few more duds it was very wrong.

I hope they now bring in top manager to take this club forward after so many years of decline. LFC is no longer a big club it is a huge task for a good manager to reverse that for decline good outcome and put the club on map!.

I just hope LFC owner make the right choice this time round, otherwaise they need to sell and go.

GOOD LUCK for a new decent manager.
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games