Potential new manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Who would be suitable for us?

With BR depature we will need someone who can get results abd eventually make us compete again.

Klopp or Ancellotti?

Both managers are great, Carlo has the impressive resume and Klopp is Klopp a top coach.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Head says Ancellotti, heart says Klopp....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:23 pm

https://youtu.be/Zbuz2vG94P4

Lol Klopp funny dude
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Really hope FSG don't bottle it and show a pair by appointing Klopp.
Ancelotti would also be great, however the future of the club is also important. So with that in mind, KLOPP!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Ancelotti has the experience,  know how and has dealt with high expectations. Klopp is an interesting one. Dortmund played some brilliant stuff under him and he likes his teams to play on the front foot. However towards the end of his time, they seemed to struggle after losing few players, bit like us.

I'm leaning towards Ancelotti as just feel he is a safe pair of hands but who knows
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 pm

I wonder if Klopp could have a word in Reus's ear about coming to us if he gets the job ;)
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:30 pm wrote:Ancelotti has the experience,  know how and has dealt with high expectations. Klopp is an interesting one. Dortmund played some brilliant stuff under him and he likes his teams to play on the front foot. However towards the end of his time, they seemed to struggle after losing few players, bit like us.

I'm leaning towards Ancelotti as just feel he is a safe pair of hands but who knows

Klopp had a bad season, but didn't he get Dordmund into the knock stages of the CL and narrowly missed out on a top 4 slot? 

Ancelotti's record is brilliant. He's been successful EVERYWHERE he's been. However, Klopp would be the perfect fit in my book and the Kop would love him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:30 pm wrote:Ancelotti has the experience,  know how and has dealt with high expectations. Klopp is an interesting one. Dortmund played some brilliant stuff under him and he likes his teams to play on the front foot. However towards the end of his time, they seemed to struggle after losing few players, bit like us.

Klopp has proven that he can work with limited resources, Ancelotti on the other hand has spent the past decade managing clubs with huge resources, if anything (in that respect at least) Klopp is the safer pair of hands.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:

Klopp has proven that he can work with limited resources, Ancelotti on the other hand has spent the past decade managing clubs with huge resources, if anything (in that respect) Klopp is the safer pair of hands.

Also Klopp seems more likely to be interested in a 'project', Ancelotti seems like he does not stay more than three years at one club
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 pm

kazza » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:07 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:

Klopp has proven that he can work with limited resources, Ancelotti on the other hand has spent the past decade managing clubs with huge resources, if anything (in that respect) Klopp is the safer pair of hands.

Also Klopp seems more likely to be interested in a 'project', Ancelotti seems like he does not stay more than three years at one club

Look at the most successful clubs in world football. They all change managers every 3 years or so. Managers like Ferguson and Wenger are a rarity in the modern game and I dont think a manager coming in for a 'project' is any more likely to be successful or to ensure the future of the club as a 3 year manager. LVG is a short term manager for ManUtd. The club sill went out and brought Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Martial, Schneiderlin, Darmain and Depay who have their best days ahead of them. I dont think LVG leaving in month or a year or 2 will destroy the club. In fact, he'll most likely become stale. The whole 'project' talk is an excuse used by boards, owners and managers as far as I'm concerned. We're Liverpool; our OBJECTIVE and not project should be top4. Signing 19 year olds so they come good in 4 seasons or waiting for academy prospects to command a starting spot doesnt work in this day and age.

Part of the reason I'd rather have Ancelotti over Klopp is the fact he doesnt fit in with the conservative outlook the owners and the fans seem to have nowadays. He'll want to challenge for the title rather than 'build a hard working side that competes and shows great character'. He'll go out and buy the finished article (the best we can realistically get, and he probably has the best transfer record of any active manager in world football) rather than spend on youngsters and gambles (which is something our owners and Klopp regularly do).   He is the 3rd biggest name in management behind Guardiola and Mourinho, and his reputation will allow us to punch above our weight in the transfer market; both in terms of buying players and keeping what we have.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Klopp at 2/7; Ancelotti 5/2.

Klopp for me, he wants a project and we are certainly that, I don't see how God himself could get us close in the next 12-18 months. I'd be happy if we can lure either though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:52 pm

fivecups » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:Klopp at 2/7; Ancelotti 5/2.

Klopp for me, he wants a project and we are certainly that, I don't see how God himself could get us close in the next 12-18 months. I'd be happy if we can lure either though.

According to reports, Klopp would as bin off the transfer committee, which would improve things no end
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:03 pm

I don't see the logic in appointing Ancelotti at all, after a decade of managing very wealthy clubs he'd be in for a right culture shock here. Klopp on the other hand put together a terrific side that beat the likes of City and Real Madrid for about the same price that we bought Andy Carroll.
If we were suddenly bought out by DIC or someone then I'd say yes let's go for Ancelotti but until that happens we need to employ managers who can do more with less.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:22 am

A lot of ITK's saying its a done deal with Klopp, apparently Ancelotti was only interested in a 1/2 year deal where as Klopp see's us as a long term project and is prepared to move lock stock and barrel to Liverpool. The word is that he has been swatting up on LFC history for months now as well.
I hope it's true.

Draxler and Reuss would be handy in January too!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:05 am

Betting now suspended on Klopp with most bookies
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion