Everton V Liverpool - Sunday 4th October K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:22 pm

First time in 26 years we won't have a local lad playing for us in the derby.

Anyway, unlike some of you lot, I'm hoping we win. Chelsea are in decline big time and they might not even make it to top 4 this season. That's our chance, maybe our only chance to get up there ourselves. And what better way to raise the spirits than a win at Goodison? A win today will change a lot of things guys, I'm sure of it. And even if it won't change anything, I'd rather we smash them today and worry about the "consequences" later. Come on the Reds!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:27 pm

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:50 am wrote:Btw did you guys watch Chelsea - Southampton? Southampton players ran their socks off for 90 mins! What a performance and spirit shown by them. It was similar to how we played 2 seasons ago. I wish we would play like that! Koeman is manager to watch out for!

You must have been reading my mind Mags, I tuned in halfway through the match and after a few minutes was thinking almost exactly what you said above.

The determination, confidence and style shown by Southampton was outstanding and I too was thinking why the f'uck can't we play like that  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Reg » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 am wrote:On the other hand this is also the Alex Ferguson 'do we sack him' moment after which he went on to wipe the board for years to come.

Are you really comparing B-rod to Ferguson?

Anyway I doubt he will get sacked before next summer.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:55 pm wrote:If he knows he's going then he should go out playing the style of football he wishes to propagate ,and a return to the blueprint he promised to adhere to.
None of this WB shite ,and three at the back ,this is the side I would like to see.

Mignolet
Clyne Skrtel Sakho Moreno
             Lucas
       Teixeira Can 
          Coutinho
      Ings Sturridge 

I like it Red but you're asking our manager to make a big call by playing Teixeira, I expect we'll get your line up but with Milner/Allen for Tex.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Looks like 3 at the back again.

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Lineups...

Everton: Howard, Browning, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Galloway, McCarthy, Barry, Deulofeu, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Gibson, Oviedo, Kone, Lennon, Osman, Holgate.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Clyne, Milner, Lucas, Moreno, Coutinho, Sturridge, Ings. Subs: Gomez, Lallana, Allen, Origi, Ibe, Bogdan, Rossiter.

Looks like the 3 at the back for us again. I see they have kept Kone (who has been excellent this season) on the bench for this one and are starting Deulofeu. Probably looking to run at our wingbacks and get behind them more. We'll need to keep an eye on Barkley and Lukaku for this one. Can see Lukaku targeting Can if we play the 3 and Deulofeu can cause us problems too if he's allowed the space. Big test for us this one.

On the plus side, their back line doesnt look great. If we get the ball higher up we can cause them problems.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:52 pm

maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:50 am wrote:Btw did you guys watch Chelsea - Southampton? Southampton players ran their socks off for 90 mins! What a performance and spirit shown by them. It was similar to how we played 2 seasons ago. I wish we would play like that! Koeman is manager to watch out for!

What amazes me about Soton they have had their team basically gutted twice in last two seasons by bigger clubs. Yet can still produce that performance

I would be happy if our lads could put half that shift in
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:03 pm

aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:46 pm wrote:Lineups...

Everton: Howard, Browning, Jagielka, Funes Mori, Galloway, McCarthy, Barry, Deulofeu, Barkley, Naismith, Lukaku. Subs: Robles, Gibson, Oviedo, Kone, Lennon, Osman, Holgate.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Clyne, Milner, Lucas, Moreno, Coutinho, Sturridge, Ings. Subs: Gomez, Lallana, Allen, Origi, Ibe, Bogdan, Rossiter.

Looks like the 3 at the back for us again. I see they have kept Kone (who has been excellent this season) on the bench for this one and are starting Deulofeu. Probably looking to run at our wingbacks and get behind them more. We'll need to keep an eye on Barkley and Lukaku for this one. Can see Lukaku targeting Can if we play the 3 and Deulofeu can cause us problems too if he's allowed the space. Big test for us this one.

On the plus side, their back line doesnt look great. If we get the ball higher up we can cause them problems.

The weakest defence or defence that makes the most mistakes loses the game. Who that will be is a flick of the coin.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:58 pm

We must score we are much better right now. Should have received a pen as well.

What a save by Migs typical
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Migs save us again. ...They are much focused taking their chances....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Coutinho missing again Milner showing leadership
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Yes!!!!! Ings from corner
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:12 pm

GET THE FCK IN THERE !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:13 pm

Danny boooy!!!

When's the last time we scored from a corner anyway?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:13 pm

Omg Ings! Well deserved! Happy for him!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games