Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:12 am

Harry Rednapp has said we have the worst team we have had for years and are lucky to have any points in the prem, I don't think he is far wrong there, when you actually look back at the players and teams we have had in recent years and look at the team playing today you can definitely see how far we have fallen, our squad is so underwhelming, BR has to go before it's too late and we actually become a Southamton or Swansea
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:49 am

Harry Rednapp is PAID to make comments that sell newspapers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 am

Maybe so but as I said, he's not far wrong
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:40 am

since when did we start to take what old droopey face says as gospel?

your too easily guided and drawn in mate.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:59 am

leeroy74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:40 am wrote:since when did we start to take what old droopey face says as gospel?

your too easily guided and drawn in mate.

I've just read what Redknapp said and to be fair I'd say the majority of Liverpool fans agree with him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Sack Rodgers! we want Redknapp!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:05 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:10 pm wrote:Sack Rodgers! we want Redknapp!

You're half right anyway
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:58 pm

The_Rock » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm wrote:This is anfield - facebook page
Koptalk - facebook page
Rawk

Just go and take a look at all the above portals........ its is unanimous. Most of the fans want him out.

We have been patient for more than 3 years. In 2 of those seasons we have been utterly thrashed by some of the worst teams in this league. In 1 of those seasons, he couldn't get this team over the line when all the stars were aligned in our favour (the last 2 times the stars were aligned for us, we won the freckin champions league {2005} and the treble {2001}).

The balls in FSG's court. LFC is still one of the best supported clubs all over the world.  But if they keep persisting with an incompetent fool...they are gonna pi$$ a lot of fans off..........
1)There won't be a fullhouse at anfield
2)Pre-season tours are gonna take place in half-filled stadiums
3)Sponsors are not gonna pay top dollar

Oh come on... you were anything but patient for MORE than 3 years  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Harry is right when he says we have not got characters like we did with Gerrard and Carragher however i don't think our squad is as bad as he says it is.
Whats funny is he says we have the worst squad in years and then says we will finish in top 5.

Harry is scouting for a job imo lol.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 pm

What I feel FSG fail to grasp is how challenging it is to keep a manager when the fans turn, and we drew blood on Rodgers a while back and then Stoke happened.

Even if a manager is red hot fans just tire of them much sooner now and because of high turn over generally there are always good options waiting to come in.

If we get mauled at United which I dont think would surprise anyone then I cant see a way back for him and if FSG dont act then guns will be turned on them soon enough.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:25 am

leeroy74 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:10 pm wrote:Sack Rodgers! we want Redknapp!

Be careful what you wish for ........ our owner's might just be stupid enough to do that. :unclesam:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:10 am

parchpea » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 pm wrote:What I feel FSG fail to grasp is how challenging it is to keep a manager when the fans turn, and we drew blood on Rodgers a while back and then Stoke happened.

Even if a manager is red hot fans just tire of them much sooner now and because of high turn over generally there are always good options waiting to come in.

If we get mauled at United which I dont think would surprise anyone then I cant see a way back for him and if FSG dont act then guns will be turned on them soon enough.

And yet football is unpredictable, we may just go on and win at old Trafford, and then we still would have good start to the season. That's why I don't think we should take the West Ham result as a definite things to come. The West Ham result may have been a good wake up call.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 am

Yet another good post Mags, the voice of reason.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:13 am

maguskwt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 am wrote:
And yet football is unpredictable, we may just go on and win at old Trafford, and then we still would have good start to the season. That's why I don't think we should take the West Ham result as a definite things to come. The West Ham result may have been a good wake up call.

Football is indeed unpredictable ,but we have a predictable manager incapable of anything bordering along the lines of strategy.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:31 am

maguskwt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 am wrote:
parchpea » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 pm wrote:What I feel FSG fail to grasp is how challenging it is to keep a manager when the fans turn, and we drew blood on Rodgers a while back and then Stoke happened.

Let's hope the wake up call happens soon mate. If 6-1 against Stoke didn't wake him, I don't see why 3-0 against the Hammers would.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion