TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Wasn't the lad told he would be given a chance to stake a claim during this Preseason ?... Even last week he was saying that he didn't want a loan and wanted to fight for his place so I'm disgusted they managed to force him to take it and Livid that they gave an option to buy  :angry:  Thats basically telling the fella you have no chance here.
He should be taking Kolo toures spot in the squad this season.  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 pm

This is a fooking joke, not been given chance and yet Lovren gets more chances than a monopoly game. It really is sh!t management, BR just wants to keep the players anyone he didn't bring in doesn't stand a chance
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Ive given up on young players we bring in now as most of it is just farming, buying as investment to sell. Its a new source of revenue, lots of smaller gains generating cash.

Llori falls into that now as they are looking to cash out on him.

Think even Gomez was brought in for that but just caught Rodgers eye, how long that will last is another matter.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:48 am

It does seem odd I agree, apparantly Villa are paying his wages +1 million until the end of the season then have an option to buy at between 6 to 9 million plus 20% of any sell on fee.

I can only assume the full training team - not just BR, have decided he isn't good enough.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:03 am

Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 am wrote:It does seem odd I agree, apparantly Villa are paying his wages +1 million until the end of the season then have an option to buy at between 6 to 9 million plus 20% of any sell on fee.

I can only assume the full training team - not just BR, have decided he isn't good enough.

Why is it odd Reg?

This club is being built on a profit first, results later mantra.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 am

I don't know if that's the case Eds, I simply don't know. I suspect a lot of the 'mistaken' transfer buys are simply down to incompetence.

It's soul destroying seeing these lads moved on without making an impact. I'd be interested to know whether there's a fiscal advantage in buying/selling/rolling our income to offset/defer/reduce our tax liability. Are we better off rolling our squad financially or better off sitting there like Arsenal doing nothing. Not playing wise, but financially, maybe we're looking at this from the wrong angle.

The biggest mugs in all this are the fans, we're being treated like bystanders and once agin that's the message we need to start to get across.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:17 am

That was more tongue in cheek than me being serious Reg  :eyebrow

I don't think it's that bad either and agree that most of this falls into the "incompetence" bucket than anything else.

I highly doubt that our football people would be making buy/sell/loan decisions on how much money we could making off these players first over their actual footballing ability and what they can bring to the club second.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 am

"Ilori’s exit provides the latest example of Liverpool’s flawed transfer strategy during Rodgers’ reign prior to this summer. Out of the 24 players they brought in from 2012 to 2014, 13 of them have now either left the club or been sent out on loan.
Many of those who have been shown the door were players like Ilori who were lauded by the transfer committee rather than being deals that Rodgers was the driving force behind. Out of the eight players who arrived at the club last summer, four have already gone with three of them – Mario Balotelli, Javier Manquillo and Lazar Markovic – viewed as committee picks. Of course Rodgers isn’t in the business of cutting off his nose to spite his face. If he thought they were up to the task he would have kept them and played them. The bottom line is they, like Ilori, didn’t impress him, but it underlines the folly of signing players the manager isn’t 100% sold on.This summer saw a change of approach from the owners who backed Rodgers’ judgement and gave him what he wanted as targets were secured early on in the window with a minimum of fuss". (James Pearce)

Say's it all really, he doesn't think the likes of Ilorri, Markovic and Manquillo are up to the task, 3 young players who will undoubtably improve over the next few years, yet he thinks the likes of Lovren and Milner are the type of players to build our team around?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 am

The problem is we pay premiums when we buy them then sell at a discount......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:01 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:

I thought the whole point of bringing in such a young manager was to work with the cream of Europe's upcoming young footballing talents? Wasn't it?

The lad didn't even kick a ball in anger for us, f[uck]ed off without even being given a chance. This is a lad btw who was outstanding for the Portugese U21 side this summer and had Harry Kane in his pocket.
Manquillo is another one who didn't deserve to be binned either, he was another young player who showed promise.
When good young players like these are being discarded and Lovren is being fast tracked back into the first team it's no wonder many fans have lost faith in the manager.

^^^^^^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:08 am

Boocity » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:This is a fooking joke, not been given chance and yet Lovren gets more chances than a monopoly game. It really is sh!t management, BR just wants to keep the players anyone he didn't bring in doesn't stand a chance

Yes it's very immature of the manager. Very short sighted. Which are the parameters of an inexperience manager.
20M Lovren - I've SH!T em!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:33 am

Reg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:42 am wrote:The problem is we pay premiums when we buy them then sell at a discount......

They need to start playing if we want to sell them at a premium.
We got a ridiculous amount of money for Sterling because he was a first team player.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:52 pm

What happens if he has a brilliant season with Villa ?..  By reports they have got him for an initial loan fee of 1 million with an option to buy for 7 to 9 million depending on appearances at the end, so if villa want him and he wants to stay there then we are powerless to stop it and we don't even have the right to increase the fee.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:44 pm

You would think we'd loaned Coutinho to Villa with an option to buy the way some people have reacted to this, instead of a kid who hasn't either kicked a ball for our first team or pulled up too many trees during his previous two loans. Yes his loan periods were interrupted by injuries, but perhaps that in itself is another problem.

On paper I agree it's a strange deal especially the option to buy and that we paid 7mil for him not long ago when he was highly sought after. But I don't think any of us can honestly say we've seen enough of the lad play to be convinced he's first team material.

Personally I think he'll do well to get many games at Villa. I can see Richards and Lescott being their number one pairing.

If he was the gem that some people believe then why were only Villa and Sunderland sniffing around and not anyone better?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 am

Thoroughly disgusted with everything associated with this club of late. Its becoming unrecognisable to those of us who remember when the opinion of   supporters truly mattered.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion