Best 11 ?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am wrote:I don't know if it's our best XI but this is the team I'd go with at Old Trafford, f[uck] this negative s[hit], cancel Markovic's loan and let's get back to Brendan's original philosophy, if we get hammered we get hammered but at least we'll go down swinging.
Adding 2 ball playing CB's (Sakho, Ilorri) to our back line should help us keep the aimless hoofing to a minimum, the 3 AM's will give Benteke plenty of support too. Adding Markovic and Ilorri will inject a bit of pace into the side as well.

Mingolet

Skrtel.          Ilorri.         Sakho

Lucas.       

Milner.             Henderson

Markovic.        Coutinho.        Firmino

Benteke

Won't happen like, the 2015 version of Brendan will no doubt pack the side out with defenders and hope for a draw.

That team would get destroyed by anyone half decent, Markovic and Firmino as Wing backs? i cant see how that would ever work. Id go for something like this vs Utd

Mignolet

Clyne                               Skrtl                                     Sakho                     Gomez

Lucas

Milner                                                                                     Hendo

Couthino

Firminho                    Benteke

Are you reading my team upside down or something? Markovic and Firmino are attacking midfielders, there are 7 players behind them that can take care of defensive responsibilities.

So your proposing 3 at the back with no one playing out wide until the attacking midfield positions, so basically no full backs what so ever? I don't think that could even work on a computer game.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 pm

maguskwt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm wrote:I still maintain by best 11:

Mignolet

Clynne.           Skrtle.       Sakho.       Moreno

Can.                Milner
                            Coutinho
           Firmino.                      Sturridge
                             Benteke

Hopefully when Sturridge comes back, we'll line up this way.

I like this Sir!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:55 pm

How anyone can pick Milner in CM ahead of Henderson is beyond me. Emre Can shouldnt be a starter and Milner is way too limited a player to be our main CM.

I'd go with 2 upfront and an extremely attacking setup. Can't see us getting top4 unless we become a side that outscores the opposition rather than rely on our ability to defend and control games.

Mignolet

Clynne           Skrtel       Sakho       Moreno

Henderson
                 Milner                Coutinho
                            Firmino

Sturridge            Benteke
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:59 pm

aCe' » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:55 pm wrote:How anyone can pick Milner in CM ahead of Henderson is beyond me. Emre Can shouldnt be a starter and Milner is way too limited a player to be our main CM.

I'd go with 2 upfront and an extremely attacking setup. Can't see us getting top4 unless we become a side that outscores the opposition rather than rely on our ability to defend and control games.

Mignolet

Henderson
                            Firmino

I'd go with this myself except for 1 change. Coutinho swaps with Firmino as his best stuff is central and its where he has the most impact.  Milner might not be happy playing there either but feck him as it was rodgers who gave him those promises not me  :D

Firmino is a strange one as in that a lot have him included in their side. I haven't really seen a lot out of him that suggests he is a top player. Sure he has a few skills but I thought he was described as a suarez type chase you down and run at you player.In saying that I suppose I would pick him over the llama or Ibe.

It also looks like everyone is more or less waiting for sturridge again  :D There will be tears if he breaks down but until he returns I'd definitely be playing another striker up front with benteke.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:42 pm

aCe' » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:55 pm wrote:How anyone can pick Milner in CM ahead of Henderson is beyond me. Emre Can shouldnt be a starter and Milner is way too limited a player to be our main CM.

Mignolet

Henderson
                            Firmino

I like that for when Sturridge is fit, would deffo concede goals but F it we concede goals anyway so we might as well try and outscore the other team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 am

Assuming Sturridge still wont be back for a while next game I'd go with

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 am wrote:Assuming Sturridge still wont be back for a while next game I'd go with

Can't argue that Sir!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion