Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45 pm

Jeez this is the most boring and repetitive sh!te imaginable.  You lads really need some cheer-the fuck-up therapy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:45 pm wrote:Jeez this is the most boring and repetitive sh!te imaginable.  You lads really need some cheer-the fuck-up therapy.

YEP! In the form of LFC wins and the odd trophy every once in a while...
DVD collection no longer therapeutic.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:31 pm

It irks me slightly that Rodgers is now being criticised for 'abandoning his philosophy'.

Some of the people unhappy with this are the same ones who were crying out for him to be more pragmatic when he was accused of having an over-emphasis on possession based football, overplaying in dangerous areas and not having a plan B when tippy tappy wasn't yielding results. Some people need to make their minds up. In fact when we went on a good run last season one of the significant changes was that we started playing longer balls out of defence and took less chances. Rodgers was praised for this at the time for a 'more pragmatic approach'. Some stated this was a sign he was 'learning'.

He's done exactly what most fans wanted us to do which is try and mix up long and short game tactics and try to shore up the defence, particularly in improving the full back positions which were a major issue last season. One (extremely) bad performance and result and this is being thrown back in his face.

Look I'm not Rogers' biggest fan despite some suggesting otherwise, but those quick to criticise him need to be more consistent in their reasons for doing so. You don't like him then fair enough. There are aspects of his management that wind me up too, but he also has some good qualities and has shown a willingness to adapt his philosophy to try and get results. I think this should be applauded rather than ridiculed personally. It's still only 4 games into the season and the team is still gelling together. I'm 100% sure the team will get better as the season progresses.

Judge him at Christmas.  I think we all know this season is his last chance.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 pm

JC_81 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:15 pm

For all those lamenting the lack of patience from a large percentage of supporters ,could they please explain the difference in our capitulation against Stoke with what we witnessed at Anfield on Saturday . Please feel free to explain how we were less feeble than at the Brittania ,and what minute of our recent  game they garnered any hope that the manager will rectify these problems  ???

Yours irksome
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Fair enough irksome. 3 competitive games between the two games between which you expect such significant strides forward in performance. 3 games. That is more significant in my opinion than the somewhat odd question you posed me, which (cutting out the tedious jargon ) was what minute of Saturday's game I decided to give up on the manager.  I don't have knee jerk reactions to adverse situations fella. The same can't be said for a lot of others around here.

Cue the response that people gave up on Rodgers last season and not during the West Ham game. Fair enough. Give up.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Hardly kneejerk ,but I concur totally you should concede as there exists little evidence that the manager has the slightest clue how to turn this around ,or your crusade in deferring the blame from the malignancy that's having a profound effect on our credibility shows no signs of bearing fruit or indeed adding to the numbers of fans still expecting him to succeed. You my friend are the minority ,or at least what remains of the stragglers   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 pm

JC_81 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:It irks me slightly that Rodgers is now being criticised for 'abandoning his philosophy'.

Some of the people unhappy with this are the same ones who were crying out for him to be more pragmatic when he was accused of having an over-emphasis on possession based football, overplaying in dangerous areas and not having a plan B when tippy tappy wasn't yielding results. Some people need to make their minds up. In fact when we went on a good run last season one of the significant changes was that we started playing longer balls out of defence and took less chances. Rodgers was praised for this at the time for a 'more pragmatic approach'. Some stated this was a sign he was 'learning'.

He's done exactly what most fans wanted us to do which is try and mix up long and short game tactics and try to shore up the defence, particularly in improving the full back positions which were a major issue last season. One (extremely) bad performance and result and this is being thrown back in his face.

Look I'm not Rogers' biggest fan despite some suggesting otherwise, but those quick to criticise him need to be more consistent in their reasons for doing so. You don't like him then fair enough. There are aspects of his management that wind me up too, but he also has some good qualities and has shown a willingness to adapt his philosophy to try and get results. I think this should be applauded rather than ridiculed personally. It's still only 4 games into the season and the team is still gelling together. I'm 100% sure the team will get better as the season progresses.

I didn't want us to give up on his possession based philosophy, in fact I didn't even want him to buy fullbacks I wanted us to stick with a back 3. Imo the reason why we were playing so poor last season wasn't down to philosophy it was down to personel.
We started the season with Lovren marshalling our back 4 and Gerrard at DM, no wonder it was a wash out, it was a recipe for disaster. Teams were cutting through us like a hot knife through butter.
Granted he was a bit unlucky with Sturridge getting injured and one or two other things but he has just made too many glaring errors for me (like thinking Milner and Milner alone is the answer to our midfield problems).
I really can't see him turning this around and I think the crowd leaving early on Saturday was telling as well, people are becoming tired of his reign.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 pm

This is anfield - facebook page
Koptalk - facebook page
Rawk

Just go and take a look at all the above portals........ its is unanimous. Most of the fans want him out.

We have been patient for more than 3 years. In 2 of those seasons we have been utterly thrashed by some of the worst teams in this league. In 1 of those seasons, he couldn't get this team over the line when all the stars were aligned in our favour (the last 2 times the stars were aligned for us, we won the freckin champions league {2005} and the treble {2001}).

The balls in FSG's court. LFC is still one of the best supported clubs all over the world.  But if they keep persisting with an incompetent fool...they are gonna pi$$ a lot of fans off..........
1)There won't be a fullhouse at anfield
2)Pre-season tours are gonna take place in half-filled stadiums
3)Sponsors are not gonna pay top dollar
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:10 pm

We beat Stoke 1-0, he was good. We beat Bournemouth 1-0, he was good. We draw 0-0 with Arsenal, he was good. We took 7 points out of a possible 10 and he was good.
We lose 3-0 to West Ham and hes sh'ite and needs sacking
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:31 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 pm wrote:We beat Stoke 1-0, he was good. We beat Bournemouth 1-0, he was good. We draw 0-0 with Arsenal, he was good. We took 7 points out of a possible 10 and he was good.

Coutinho beat Stoke ,The referee beat Bournemouth ,and against the Gooners we were good for one half of football ,we took 7 points out of ten because we won in the most ugliest way imaginable ,so yeah he needs to go !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Nicked from another forum, but hilarious nonetheless...

"(Rodgers) He's Will Smith in I Am Legend, screaming that he can fix this whilst he's chatting to mannequins in a video shop."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 pm wrote:We beat Stoke 1-0, he was good. We beat Bournemouth 1-0, he was good. We draw 0-0 with Arsenal, he was good. We took 7 points out of a possible 10 and he was good.

Coutinho beat Stoke ,The referee beat Bournemouth ,and against the Gooners we were good for one half of football ,we took 7 points out of ten because we won in the most ugliest way imaginable ,so yeah he needs to go !

No credit when we win, all the blame when we lose.
Youve got it bad mate...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:50 pm

Rewriting history a bit there Thommo, have a look at the in game threads, people were happy that we were winning but everyone could see that we were riding our luck to f[uck]. Apart from the first half at Arsenal our performances have been dire. Ref's have gifted us 4 points.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:

No credit when we win, all the blame when we lose.
Youve got it bad mate...
:nod

What no  :buttrock ,now that is a shock  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion