Sums our season up in one photo.....
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (48.08 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
Kopite-Jud

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Reg wrote:Study names Lovren as top defender
Monday 18th May 2015 20:43

..Football fans were left scratching their heads on Monday evening when a study named Liverpool's Dejan Lovren as the best centre-back in the Premier League.

Liverpool fans had high hopes for Lovren when he signed from Southampton for £20million last summer, but his first season at Anfield has widely been regarded as a failure.

Lovren committed a number of errors, was part of a Liverpool team that has conceded just nine fewer goals than relegation-threatened Hull and went through a spell of starting one league game in three months due to his poor form.

But the CIES Football Observatory see things differently. Its annual study into the top five leagues in Europe concluded that the former Lyon defender is better than John Terry, Vincent Kompany and Gary Cahill.

Based on its six criterion of shooting; chance creation; take on; distribution; recovery and rigour, Lovren is the 12th best defender in Europe and top of the pile in England.

Paris St Germain defender Thiago Silva is rated as the best centre-back in Europe, with Jerome Boateng of Bayern Munich and Barcelona's Javier Mascherano just behind him.

Despite being involved in a relegation scrap, Sunderland's Patrick van Aanholt is rated as the 15th best full-back in Europe, while Gael Clichy is third and Manchester United's Antonio Valencia fourth.

Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas is regarded as the best "defensive midfielder" on the continent.

Only James Rodriguez is rated as a better attacking midfielder than Chelsea star Eden Hazard. Swansea's Gylfi Sigurdsson makes the cut for the top 15, sitting in 14th place - 10 places above Manchester City's David Silva.

Unsurprisingly, Lionel Messi is listed as Europe's best forward. The Barcelona star tops the strikers' table, followed by his old rival Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Suarez. Sergio Aguero is fifth, Diego Costa seventh and Gareth Bale 14th.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/98558 ... p-defender

:buttrock  :bowdown  :buttrock

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I feel such a fool...
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 24, 2015 8:16 pm

I'd take 12-15m if we were offered for this junk. Absolutely ***** defender
Doeboy

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 25, 2015 12:59 am

Who the F is going to pay that ? Krap player signed by a krap manager.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Sorry,  but this guy is a calamity. Don't know what was going through his head for todays ***** up and unfortunately that kind of thing is always going to be in his locker. Sakho should be ahead of him in the pecking order. Infact,  Ilori looked very good in the U21 Euros in the summer and wouldn't mind giving him a chance to come in and establish himself.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm

He's torben piechnik, mk2
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Lovern doesn't pick himself to start you know. ..We are paying someone else to make those decisions. I can't blame Dejan for being Dejan.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:09 pm wrote:Sorry,  but this guy is a calamity. Don't know what was going through his head for todays ***** up and unfortunately that kind of thing is always going to be in his locker. Sakho should be ahead of him in the pecking order. Infact,  Ilori looked very good in the U21 Euros in the summer and wouldn't mind giving him a chance to come in and establish himself.

That's the type of thing which is making me question wether Brendan has lost sight of the wood for the tree's.
As you say Ilorri had a tremendous U21's where he helped Portugal get to the final including a performance where he had Danny Ings and Harry Kane in his pocket yet once again he doesn't get a look in, on the other hand Lovren who has been dropping clangers for 12 months ends up as a fixture in the team!
When Brendan first arrived here he spoke about having CB's who were mobile and comfortable in possession, well Ilorri ticks all those boxes big time yet he has barely kicked a ball in anger for us in nearly 3 years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Yes lovern is a below average defender. But lets say if we had Reid and Tomkins playing for us...do you think they would have done a better job ?

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No matter who Rodgers picks as our CB pairing...they will struggle. Why ? because the HEAD COACH we have here does not play to their strengths.

Are skrtel and loven ball-playing defenders ? No. They should get rid of the ball as soon as they touch it. So what do they do ? Play from the back when it is so f**king obvious that they are uncomfortable doing it. When our CBs touch the ball more times then Benteke....well that tells the whole picture doesn't it ?

I am not defending lovern...... I am more of a Sakho fan. But the facts are all there for us to see. Skrtel and Agger were the best defensive pairing when the king was in charge of us. Then Rodgers comes in....and all our CBs look like a poor-man's titus bramble.

We can nit-pick all the individual mistakes ........... but the fact is....when ......fundamentally ......our tactics are utterly cr@p, there is nothing much we can do apart from hoping for individual brilliance (coutinho, sterling, sturridge, suarez, gerrard....etc)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:40 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:36 pm wrote:Yes lovern is a below average defender. But lets say if we had Reid and Tomkins playing for us...do you think they would have done a better job ?

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No matter who Rodgers picks as our CB pairing...they will struggle. Why ? because the HEAD COACH we have here does not play to their strengths.

Are skrtel and loven ball-playing defenders ? No. They should get rid of the ball as soon as they touch it. So what do they do ? Play from the back when it is so f**king obvious that they are uncomfortable doing it. When our CBs touch the ball more times then Benteke....well that tells the whole picture doesn't it ?

I am not defending lovern...... I am more of a Sakho fan. But the facts are all there for us to see. Skrtel and Agger were the best defensive pairing when the king was in charge of us. Then Rodgers comes in....and all our CBs look like a poor-man's titus bramble.

We can nit-pick all the individual mistakes ........... but the fact is....when ......fundamentally ......our tactics are utterly cr@p, there is nothing much we can do apart from hoping for individual brilliance (coutinho, sterling, sturridge, suarez, gerrard....etc)

The Titus Bramble bit made me laugh  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Sums up lovern in a nutshell.  Form is temporary Dejan Lovren is permanent  :laugh:

A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 am

lovren is a clueless joker. sell.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:03 pm

I feel sorry for him because he is looking worse as time goes on...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:03 am wrote:I feel sorry for him because he is looking worse as time goes on...
:(

To be fair a lot of supporters questioned the logic of spending £20m on him at the time, he just looked an average prem defender, not shyte but not great either, and that was with Shaw and Clyne either side of him and Schneiderlin and Wanyama in front of him!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:53 pm

David Brent signed him for big money. The manager is a f ing clown. 2 off side mistakes have given us 3 points. We should be 4 points after 4 games.

Sack the useless ***** !
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion