Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:02 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:44 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:I've been telling you's for ages that rodgers is full of shyte.  :nod

This change of style is doing it for me, not a fan of it at all, shades of Houllier/Hodgson imo.
Plus it's not often that a manager of the calibre of Klopp is available.

That game he fantazizes about yakka dissapeared long long ago. 
No way are they going to get rid of him either after allowing him to change his backroom staff and sign so many new players, certainly not after 4 games anyway. That result today was coming. I have watched every single minute of preseason and all 4 games of this campaign and it was the same stuff. Its all possession based with little or no risk involved. Its really poor stuff for his 4th year and after having so much money and players to choose from.

He should have went in the summer imo and to see that stadium emptying around the 83rd min I would say most agree.

The stadium emptying was not a good sign at all, it's very, very rare that happens at Anfield. The YNWA type culture is a big part of this club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 pm

If we are to change manager it would have been better in the summer. Atleast the new manager could have got hos own players for his own system.
When stoke demolished us i really thought he had it then. Surprised BR lasted the summer.

To be honest we do have a decent squad now however its just being used with abysmal  tactics.

it just baffles me how we started the season well 3 clean sheet 7 points, we go into our 4th game that we should win easily but lose and make silly errors.
BR love affair with Lovren will be over soon if he continues to persist with him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:27 pm

The change should have have happened in the summer. Anyway, do you guys realistically think FSG will make a change mid season if results go awry, cause I can't - stuck with him for another season.....

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:The change should have have happened in the summer. Anyway, do you guys realistically think FSG will make a change mid season if results go awry, cause I can't - stuck with him for another season.....

I think a lot depends on how bad results are and who is genuinely available. If we have another run of dire performances (like the tail end of last season) and someone like Klopp lets it be known that he would be interested in managing us then I could see a change happening before next summer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Rodgers is now a lone figure with the spotlight shining on him after a summer where he sold everyone out and FSG let him have
complete control, no committee, no coaching interference, his team and on his terms.

He's out of places to hide now and Liverpool fans are on his case big time, more so with Klopp hovering in the wings.

The lack of a quality CH or a DM is a mystery to me, he would sooner pack 3 engines in front of 2 ordinary CB and over load the
squad with false no 9s, and ultimately the lack of attention to defensive work will cost Rodgers.

Balance is something he seems to have a problem with over and over again.
Last edited by parchpea on Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:12 am

I can't believe that after spending £180m over 2 summers that our midfield is still so poor.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:20 am

Its shocking when you contemplate on it mate it absolutely is.
Forget net spend, we still have to look at the sums we've spent.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:02 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:12 am wrote:I can't believe that after spending £180m over 2 summers that our midfield is still so poor.

This is the key issue. The owners have authrised sufficient funds to build a proper squad but the way its been spent will determine whether Rodgers stays or goes.
I feel sorry for the owners, I really do.

I think its well understood the guy has until Christmas.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:I can't believe that after spending £180m over 2 summers that our midfield is still so poor.

Fetish for AM's/ wingers without strengthening the core of the team sufficiently, that is the downfall of Rodgers. Not improving on Lucas, Henderson. Still having the likes of Allen, Skrtle, Lovren. Not improving on Mignolet. Without a solid platform to attack from, the attacking players are toothless.

Right now, I prefer the way Everton midfield plays than ours. They have solid high intensity players all over the park.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:48 am

Was at the game yesterday - the sight of a half empty ground at the full time whistle is never a good thing.

If we had won yesterday there would have been no criticism however as we didn't it has to be said I worry about his tactics. Once we were behind yesterday we never looked like scoring.
Our 2 goals so far have been a great strike from outside the box and a goal that shouldn't even have counted.
Benteke needs to have Ings alongside him from the start.
We still aren't good enough in midfield - we need a top class player in there who can dictate the tempo of the game.

I can't help but think back to last summer's transfer window, the loaning of £36m of players in Markovic and Balotelli shows just what a disaster that was.
Borini will no doubt follow too.

Aspas, Assaidi, Alberto, Balotelli, Lambert, Lovren, Lallana. They cost us £80 million plus, with wages on top. We couldn't have bought a couple of top class players instead?

The manager needs to get some good results over the next few weeks, or he may be gone. In that period we go to United, Everton and Chelsea. The way we're playing, we'll end up getting a couple of thrashings and likely a few more frustrating days at home to the likes of Norwich and Villa.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 am

maguskwt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:50 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 pm wrote:I can't believe that after spending £180m over 2 summers that our midfield is still so poor.

Fetish for AM's/ wingers without strengthening the core of the team sufficiently, that is the downfall of Rodgers. Not improving on Lucas, Henderson. Still having the likes of Allen, Skrtle, Lovren. Not improving on Mignolet. Without a solid platform to attack from, the attacking players are toothless.

Right now, I prefer the way Everton midfield plays than ours. They have solid high intensity players all over the park.

Yeah good point, when you look at the spine of our team and compare it to say our spine in Rafa's era there is no comparison.
Mingolet isn't bad but he's not top class either, we could have bought Begovic (who would have walked into our starting XI imo and strengthened the team) for the type of fee we paid for Origi.
As for the midfield that problem pre-dates even Rodgers, ever since Gerrard turned 30 and suffered that terrible groin injury that nearly ended his career our midfield has been gradually getting worse and worse. To think we have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and end up with a number 1 CM pairing of Hendo and a 30 year old James Milner is staggeringly inept.
As you say we do have some good players at the club but if the spine isn't their to give them the platform to play from then they are always going to be up against it.
I don't know where we go from here I really don't, I just can't see things getting any better given the players we have through the centre of our team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:47 am

"To think we have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and end up with a number 1 CM pairing of Hendo and a 30 year old James Milner is staggeringly inept"

This is what a lot of fans on here were saying the previous summer and just got slated for being negative (BR has a sweet shop spree and brings in quantity over quality). Anyway, spending vast amounts on players, some of which were not even needed and not bring in those the club required e.g. Top notch GK and DM.  LFC are overloaded with midfielders, and soon, the starting 11 will just be made up of midfielders.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:47 am

Rodgers is on borrowed time and performances like yesterdays are only pushing him closer to the door. There can be no justification for the wretched and pathetic game we saw, where our defensive weaknesses were exposed yet again. The formation was wrong and the inability to break down a mediocre team, as well as being vulnerable and exposed to a counter attack proved that bullsh'it and faint praise will not cut the mustard.
Lovren wasnt all to blame, but I have said many times that he often looks like someone who has never seen a game of football, never mind played it at the highest level, and blind faith will end up destroying any chance we have of finishing in the top 4. A slow, useless midfield and a toothless attack made for difficult watching and lessons must be learned quickly if we dont want to slip further down the table.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:47 am wrote:"To think we have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and end up with a number 1 CM pairing of Hendo and a 30 year old James Milner is staggeringly inept"

This is what a lot of fans on here were saying the previous summer and just got slated for being negative (BR has a sweet shop spree and brings in quantity over quality). Anyway, spending vast amounts on players, some of which were not even needed and not bring in those the club required e.g. Top notch GK and DM.  LFC are overloaded with midfielders, and soon, the starting 11 will just be made up of midfielders.

Given what we have spent over the last 2/3 years we could have brought in the likes of Kovacic, Barkley, Pjanic, Draxler etc, added them to the likes of Coutinho, Sterling, Markovic, Ilorri etc and had one of the most exciting and dynamic young teams in Europe. For some reason though we were obsessed with bringing in 'prem proven' players from places like Southampton and Swansea.
We have spent big money but aimed our sights way too low.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Seems some of the pro-Rodgers fans are starting to catch up with what the Whinge Committee could see quite clearly and were mocked for.
FSG should have sacked him after last season rather than sacrifice another season. The club is like a toy to these people. Another year under Rodgers will be disastrous. Fact is he could have all the money in the world to spend but still the big names wouldn't want to play for him. Nobody else wanted Firmino or Benteke. They're decent enough players but with the likes of Milner and Hendo for company I doubt we'll see anything like positive consistency. I have no hope for this season.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion