Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:58 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:27 am wrote:I've always been a great believer in the unwritten rule , If you're prepared to  dish it out ,you have to have the propensity to accept it when its thrown back.

I can take it all day mate, but you must admit that whinging after 2 wins and 6 points makes you look a bit silly?
:nod

I think I've stated I'm happy with the six points mate ,but have reservations about our lack of invention in midfield ,if that makes me silly ,I'm concerned over what placing your trust in a man devoid of a plan (poetic license ) to keep collating those points against the better teams makes you .....naïve ,the line break
is for Ethanr  :D

:laugh: You *****
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Rodgers out....................

This job is too big for him................. We have wasted 4 years under this fraud.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:52 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:Rodgers out....................

This job is too big for him................. We have wasted 4 years under this fraud.

The Rock crawled out of a rock...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:10 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 pm wrote:

Let the match finish...and I shall give u some insights on how we started this season (and no we have not started well at all)....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Ah well, I knew it was too good to last. A defeat to Manure and BR will be feeling the heat BIG time.

He's got no one to blame but himself. He should have changed our shape after 15 mins because it was obvious it wasn't worked. Yet he did nothing until half time....when we played 3 CBs. WTF?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:59 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:52 pm wrote:

Let the match finish...and I shall give u some insights on how we started this season (and no we have not started well at all)....

"Yay! we lost! now I got so much to post on this forum..."
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:14 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:59 pm wrote:"Yay! we lost! now I got so much to post on this forum..."

Yup....and if you promise to behave, maybe..... just maybe, you might get a matching neck-tie

The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Maguskwt, Your blind loyalty amazes me, how you can honestly think a manager here in his 4th season and losing to WH at Anfield for the first time in 53 years in the one to lead us back to the top is quite beyond my comprehension.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm starting to have serious concerns wether Brendan is the right man to take us forward myself tbh, i have always been a big believer in that original high intensity pressing/passing philosophy of his but that seems to have been lashed out of the window. A lot of his decisions over the past 12 months haven't made a lot of sense either, I think he's allowed himself to be sidetracked by stuff going on inside the club like this apparent power struggle with the transfer committee.
With someone as highly rated as Klopp on the sidelines FSG have a big decision to make, the Brendan Rodgers who walked into Anfield 3 years ago was a confident young coach who believed in going after teams, this version of Brendan Rodgers looks gun shy to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:Maguskwt, Your blind loyalty amazes me, how you can honestly think a manager here in his 4th season and losing to WH at Anfield for the first time in 53 years in the one to lead us back to the top is quite beyond my comprehension.

Not saying the manager wasn't at fault for losing today. I just don't like the often biased, if results go our way keep quiet, if results don't go our way pile on the manager sort of attitude by many on here. If people don't have the red mist of hatred covering their eyes for the manager, they would see these kinda results happen in football. I'm not about to give up on the season because of one lost, especially since our top 4 rivals except for city are struggling. I'll wait and see... if results don't go our way and we do not improve then sure I'll admit maybe the manager's time's up... but not after a single lost where individual errors were our downfall...
Last edited by maguskwt on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:30 pm

1)Worst home defeat in 10 years......
2)1st home defeat to hammers in decades (and the hammers had quite a number of good players those times)
3)the fans in the stadium have lost the belief. No atmosphere whatsoever. And looked how fast they left the stadium (heartbroken and all).

Every single time Rodgers does a "david brent" in the press it almost immediately leads to us turning to utter $hit. It's amazing how many times it happens.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:I'm starting to have serious concerns wether Brendan is the right man to take us forward myself tbh, i have always been a big believer in that original high intensity pressing/passing philosophy of his but that seems to have been lashed out of the window. A lot of his decisions over the past 12 months haven't made a lot of sense either, I think he's allowed himself to be sidetracked by stuff going on inside the club like this apparent power struggle with the transfer committee.
With someone as highly rated as Klopp on the sidelines FSG have a big decision to make, the Brendan Rodgers who walked into Anfield 3 years ago was a confident young coach who believed in going after teams, this version of Brendan Rodgers looks gun shy to me.

This I agree though...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:34 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:1)Worst home defeat in 10 years......
2)1st home defeat to hammers in decades (and the hammers had quite a number of good players those times)
3)the fans in the stadium have lost the belief. No atmosphere whatsoever. And looked how fast they left the stadium (heartbroken and all).

Every single time Rodgers does a "david brent" in the press it almost immediately leads to us turning to utter $hit. It's amazing how many times it happens.

awwww.... aren't you excited...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:37 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm wrote:Maguskwt, Your blind loyalty amazes me, how you can honestly think a manager here in his 4th season and losing to WH at Anfield for the first time in 53 years in the one to lead us back to the top is quite beyond my comprehension.

Not saying the manager wasn't at fault for losing today. I just don't like the often biased, if results go our way keep quiet, if results don't go our way pile on the manager sort of attitude by many on here. If people don't have the red mist of hatred covering their eyes for the manager, they would see these kinda results happen in football. I'm not about to give up on the season because of one lost, especially since our top 4 rivals except for city are struggling. I'll wait and see... if results don't go our way and we do not improve then sure I'll admit maybe the manager's time's up... but not after a lost where individual errors were our downfall...

If our results and performances were good then there'd be positives to talk about. I'm afraid they're not good. They've been awful and this result was coming.

As for your point that other teams are doing poorly, well that has a serious flaw, don't you think? We need to be steaming ahead, not effing around and claiming it's ok cos everyone else is mucking around too. That's what we did last year. See the light, mate. It's hopeless under Brendan. And since FSG don't seem to see that, then it's hopeless under them too :(
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:41 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:34 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:1)Worst home defeat in 10 years......

awwww.... aren't you excited...

Just stating the facts.....the fans don't believe in Rodgers. They are just going through the motions now. Our pre-season friendlies in asia were not "sell-outs". Rodgers will literally bring our team down.

Now ....for someone like you......I am sure you don't give a $hit about this. As long as you are seen to be supporting the head coach, well that is all the matters doesn't it ?
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion