Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 pm

C-R » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:32 pm wrote:Some comments from James Pearce of Liverpool Echo in tonight's edition...

Balotelli would walk away from training at the earliest opportunity

Balotelli was found smoking inside the grounds of Melwood

During a bonding exercise Balotelli claimed not to know who Allen was - despite having shared a dressing room with him for months

It would be wrong to say Balotelli was unpopular in the squad. At times he put a smile on his team-mates’ faces with his antics

Full article... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ew-9935471

Its because of stuff like this that makes me call him a rag Journalist.
Anyway its mission accomplished because balotelli is now gone on a ridiculous loan deal to the very same people who took 16 million off us last year and now we give him back and pay 70% of his wages.
This is the real story  :nod Not silly training ground stories being leaked by some unnamed pleb at the club to justify fobbing the player off on a poxy deal.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:46 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2015
balotelli is now gone on a ridiculous loan deal to the very same people who took 16 million off us last year and now we give him back and pay 70% of his wages.
This is the real story.

A conspiracy theorist would probably say that is the message that the pro-Rodgers camp is trying to get out to discredit the pro-transfer committee side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Said it a while ago about how sickening and low it is to drag Balo's name through the mud like that just so the club could say it's not their fault he flopped. We made a gamble, it didn't pay off, we get rid of him and we move on, no need for his bullcrap about how undisciplined and whatnot Balo is. I'd expect it from the plastic clubs but never from us, we shouldn't treat our players like this.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:13 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:11 am wrote:Said it a while ago about how sickening and low it is to drag Balo's name through the mud like that just so the club could say it's not their fault he flopped. We made a gamble, it didn't pay off, we get rid of him and we move on, no need for his bullcrap about how undisciplined and whatnot Balo is. I'd expect it from the plastic clubs but never from us, we shouldn't treat our players like this.

Hang on, the club gave him every opportunity to be he next Fernando Torres and he was the one who abused the trust the club had invested in him. Balotelli - apparently - made no reasonable effort whatsoever to win and defend his place. He's a misfit and not a normal person so he had to go. Where have the club gone wrong in justifying their action?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:46 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2015
balotelli is now gone on a ridiculous loan deal to the very same people who took 16 million off us last year and now we give him back and pay 70% of his wages.
This is the real story.

A conspiracy theorist would probably say that is the message that the pro-Rodgers camp is trying to get out to discredit the pro-transfer committee side.

All depends on whether you believe there is or isn't a power struggle  :D  All I know is the decision on who leaves rests with one man and this situation is a mess. :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:18 pm

Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:11 am wrote:Said it a while ago about how sickening and low it is to drag Balo's name through the mud like that just so the club could say it's not their fault he flopped. We made a gamble, it didn't pay off, we get rid of him and we move on, no need for his bullcrap about how undisciplined and whatnot Balo is. I'd expect it from the plastic clubs but never from us, we shouldn't treat our players like this.

Hang on, the club gave him every opportunity to be he next Fernando Torres and he was the one who abused the trust the club had invested in him. Balotelli - apparently - made no reasonable effort whatsoever to win and defend his place. He's a misfit and not a normal person so he had to go. Where have the club gone wrong in justifying their action?

Yeah but why drag his name through the mud? Just send him on loan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Simply because Rodgers, the transfer committee, Ayres, the owners and everyone else have come in for such negative criticism of late that basically they need to explain everything. Its fan driven.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:47 am

Reg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 pm wrote:

Nowhere in my post did I mention that he should be given a chance or anything like that, I suggested that it should have been dealt with better, without dragging Mario's name through the mud. The club should man up, admit that they were wrong and that they wasted a lot of money on a player that doesn't suit our style and that our manager doesn't even want, send him on loan and move on. What we're doing now is laughable and a bit sad. Never thought we'd deal things in this way.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:26 am

I get that Mario didn't work out, but what I don't get are the negative media articles.

Bring up his entourage, his attitude towards training, the own goal, the iPhone 6 ect is only damaging us, and then we wonder why no one wants him.

We have the same problem here in Australia with out main sport, the journo's just don't know when to STFU.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Big Niall » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:59 pm

A f-ing joke of a player !

Whoever chose to sign him should be put under severe questioning. He is krap , 1 league goal ? Why is he famous ? More famous for Twitter and tabloid stories than anything he can do on a football pitch. £16,000,000

I always said he was krap and the fans who claimed to REALLY know the game , rated him and deserve to be mocked.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:32 pm

What can I say Niall you're simply never wrong.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:59 pm

JC_81 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 pm wrote:What can I say Niall you're simply never wrong.

The only time I can think of , is when we got Joe Cole and I thought he'd be good.other than that I've been right.( still makes me laugh when I think of SG comparing him to Messi )
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Big Niall » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:59 am wrote:
JC_81 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 pm wrote:What can I say Niall you're simply never wrong.

The only time I can think of , is when we got Joe Cole and I thought he'd be good.other than that I've been right.( still makes me laugh when I think of SG comparing him to Messi )

Well with a self professed player judgement record of one mistake in 11 years on this forum you must be some sort of genius. No manager in the professional game has a player judgement record that good. So by your reckoning you are a better player judge than anyone in the professional game over an 11 year period.

Well done mate I applaud you. In fact you should think about sticking in a job application to our transfer committee you're simply that good.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:47 pm

JC ,that wasn't a just a wrong decision it was a criminal GAMBLE! Everyone knew (i'll even give BR credit) that Mario is a basket-case self obsessed little prikk but MR. Rodgers thought he would be some-kind of a Hollywood picture mentor to the lad and show him the path to righteousness. It was moronic ,idiotic and criminal considering we didn't have ONE striker (Sturridge is always an injury waiting to happen) and the rest is history.

Mario is another in a long chain of talented players which lost touch with reality and thinks he is bigger then the game and that everyone is out to get him...He will figure it out when he is in his 30's playing for a 3rd division team in Romania.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:59 pm

only me » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:47 pm wrote:

JC ,that wasn't a just a wrong decision it was a criminal GAMBLE! Everyone knew (i'll even give BR credit) that Mario is a basket-case self obsessed little prikk but MR. Rodgers thought he would be some-kind of a Hollywood picture mentor to the lad and show him the path to righteousness. It was moronic ,idiotic and criminal considering we didn't have ONE striker (Sturridge is always an injury waiting to happen) and the rest is history.

Mario is another in a long chain of talented players which lost touch with reality and thinks he is bigger then the game and that everyone is out to get him...He will figure it out when he is in his 30's playing for a 3rd division team in Romania.

To refer to Balotelli as a 'little prikk' is quite funny. The lad is over 6 feet and built like a sh.ithouse.

You must be some physical specimen yourself to get away with a comment like that pal.

Not sure why you've quoted me. I acknowledged at the time that Balotelli was a gamble, just like anybody else who has taken any interest in football (but thanks for reminding me of that gem of a fact). I'll admit I didn't expect him to be quite as poor as he was or his market value to fall quite as much in only one season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion