LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:06 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:03 pm wrote:Sorry lads I don't buy into the theory that Markovic was the next Cristiano Ronaldo. Not in a million years.

Positives - pace, acceleration.

Negatives - lightweight, plays with his head down therefore poor at playing in colleagues, erratic finisher, heavy first touch.

Positionally and in terms of tackling he lacked too, but I can forgive him those for not being a natural wingback. His other negatives were the case whether he played wingback or further forward, so his position is no excuse.

I'll predict now that he will never be a regular fixture in an elite European side. Arguably we aren't even in that category at present and he's not been good enough for us either. Why am I confident on this? Never has there been a top player who played with his head down. Never.

Yes there was... Milan  Baros...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Baros top player?

He was playing for Aston Villa and then in Turkey during what should have been his peak years lol!!

Good player but an inability to play with his head up prevented him becoming a top player. He basically proves my point about Markovic.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:10 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:Baros top player?

He was playing for Aston Villa and then in Turkey during what should have been his peak years lol!!

Good player but an inability to play with his head up prevented him becoming a top player. He basically proves my point about Markovic.

Markovic doesn't play with his head down mate, not sure where you are getting that from, he has the ability to put some great through balls through.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Will have to agree to disagree mate.

If he comes back in a year's time and turns into a top player for us ill be thrilled and will eat humble pie. I just can't see it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:53 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm wrote:Will have to agree to disagree mate.

If he comes back in a year's time and turns into a top player for us ill be thrilled and will eat humble pie. I just can't see it.

I just don't see the point in buying young players anymore mate if we are not going to develop them, we may as well go out and buy the finished product. I don't care what anyone says Markovic hasn't had a fair crack of the whip here, certainly not compared to players like Lovren, Lallana and Sterling.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:20 pm

I see your point mate. And I don't agree with the managers preference for the three players you've mentioned.

I also am not a fan of loan deals.

But equally I don't think you always need that much time to tell if a player is going to do the business or not. In my opinion Markovic isn't up to it.

He hasn't done any less than lallana or Lovren and I agree it's unfair that they've had more chances, but I still don't think he's good enough and more chances are unlikely to make a difference in his case for me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:20 pm wrote:I see your point mate. And I don't agree with the managers preference for the three players you've mentioned.

I also am not a fan of loan deals.

But equally I don't think you always need that much time to tell if a player is going to do the business or not. In my opinion Markovic isn't up to it.

He hasn't done any less than lallana or Lovren and I agree it's unfair that they've had more chances, but I still don't think he's good enough and more chances are unlikely to make a difference in his case for me.

Fair enough that's your opinion mate and I respect it but it's a big call to write someone off who only turned 21 a few months ago, look at how much Henderson improved from 21-24. Markovic was one of the star players of a Benfica side that won the title in Portugal and got to the EL final, he's no mug, he just hasn't been given a proper chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:40 am

It was a joke mate  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:28 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:10 pm wrote:

Markovic doesn't play with his head down mate, not sure where you are getting that from, he has the ability to put some great through balls through.

I don't think I've ever seen him play with his head down ,the lad seldom wastes a pass ,and his perception when bringing others into play is what's impressed me the most about the kid . I actually think Lazar is also one of the most incisive passers of the ball we have at the club.

Markovic was a player capable of the extraordinary rather than the ordinary ,his volley that hit the bar against Sunderland was testament to that ,there's not many players capable of leaving opponents open mouthed in amazement such was the technique needed to even attempt such an audacious shot.

The current manager prefers the ordinary ,and he needs us fans  to become accustomed to that mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:07 am

maguskwt » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm wrote:

It was a joke mate  :laugh:

Phew!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 am

Really is baffling that we've kept such a one dimensional player in Ibe, and shipped out markovic. There's really no reason you can think of that's logical.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:24 am

Really is baffling that we've kept such a one dimensional player in Ibe, and shipped out markovic. There's really no reason you can think of that's logical.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Ibe is 18 years old the only one in the team which can create of the dribble,part from Coutinho, has natural strangth and speed and has vast potential. Marko while young has already played for a top team in Portugal and in a red shirt wasted every chance he got. Never the price we paid for him. Mentally weak.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:52 pm

I like Ibe. I don't rate Markovic though , still don't forgive him for his stupid red which was a major factor in getting knocked out of the CL . Brainless moment under pressure. Can't think of many good moments.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:17 pm

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm wrote:Will have to agree to disagree mate.

He's a runner into blind alleys...
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion