LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:08 pm

redshade » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 pm wrote:Wanted to see him feature this season a bit more but sadly he is at the back of our list. I really don't know what we will do with Lazar. His still young and has got time to prove himself.
I think BR should have sent Ibe on loan and kept Lazar with the squad.

Yeah, Ibe and Lallana have basically stunk the place out so far this season yet they are the ones staying. I really can't understand the logic behind this, our squad isn't that deep where we can afford to send players like Markovic out on loan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Loan this year and offloaded for peanuts next summer.  :nod
Thought he added a bit of quality to the bench and is a better option than Ibe. I think we are hoping to stay injury free this year  :;):
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:19 am

Personally, I'd love to see him loaned out to a West Ham or Leicester type of club. A level below us perhaps but competing in the premier league and getting the chance to prove himself. His opportunities will be limited again this season (even more limited than last) and rightly so. He doesnt offer enough and having him feature for the reserves will do his development, value, chances, etc. no good.

With Ibe, we get natural width and good defensive cover in addition to pace and direct play. Ibe is also younger, has been at the club longer, and seems to have integrated with the squad better than Markovic has. He also has more potential to develop into a top player imo. When it comes to Lallana, he's a different type of player and quite frankly Lallana is a much much better player and a better option against most opposition (I'd take Markovic if we are playing on the counter maybe).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:28 am

Yep could understand somewhat if he was loaned to another PL club for a year where he can play regularly to fully acclimatise to English football but packing him off to Fenerbache just seems weird. Got a feeling BR may think he is too lightweight for the football here, however still a young lad and needs to be given bit of time
Doeboy

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 am

Disappointing, he is a better player than Ibe. If Ibe wasn't English he would be the one going on loan.

Hopefully he has a great campaign and comes back better for it.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:54 am

So guys, is it bad news for us or good news?

He is young and very talented, but I am always worried about these "young and talented" players who are still "young and talented" in their age of 23 or 24..

But anyway, I hope he has a decent performance and improvement here and comes back to England as a first squad player.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 am

It points to one thing, he wasn't a BR purchase and so he is pushing him out. I agree he is a better option than Ibe but the arrogance of our manager continues to show that his importance is higher than the clubs
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:52 am

I have reservations that he's good enough and also that he just isn't suited to such a physical league from what I've seen of him. I hadn't completely written him off though.

If that is the management's view then I can understand this. Another poor showing in the PL this season either with us or loaned to another PL club and his value could depreciate further. Whereas a good season in Turkey and we could recoup near what we paid for him next summer.

I don't buy that he's part of Rodgers long term plans and will come back here next summer. He's gone. This is an effort to get his value back up a bit before he is sold.

I'm not sure this is how I would've played things though. With the Europa league we will have lots of games. He might have come in handy in certain games even off the bench.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:01 am

IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:54 am wrote:So guys, is it bad news for us or good news?

He is young and very talented, but I am always worried about these "young and talented" players who are still "young and talented" in their age of 23 or 24..

But anyway, I hope he has a decent performance and improvement here and comes back to England as a first squad player.

Markovic is only 21 mate, he doesn't turn 22 until next March.
He is a very talented player who hasn't had a fair crack of the whip under Rodgers, any time Lazar made the slightest mistake he would find himself on the bench where as players like Sterling, Lallana, Lovren, Allen and even Borini could stink the place out but still get chance after chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 am

JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am wrote:I have reservations that he's good enough and also that he just isn't suited to such a physical league from what I've seen of him. I hadn't completely written him off though.

If that is the management's view then I can understand this. Another poor showing in the PL this season either with us or loaned to another PL club and his value could depreciate further. Whereas a good season in Turkey and we could recoup near what we paid for him next summer.

I don't buy that he's part of Rodgers long term plans and will come back here next summer. He's gone. This is an effort to get his value back up a bit before he is sold.

I'm not sure this is how I would've played things though. With the Europa league we will have lots of games. He might have come in handy in certain games even off the bench.

To be fair to him mate most of his opportunities came as a wing back when in reality he is an AM, Coutinho and Firmino are top players but I doubt they'd rip up any tree's at wing back either.
I think Rodgers is making a mistake sending him on loan, he is relying on a 19 year old in Ibe who's form is very sketchy and an injury prone lightweight in Lallana, after that your probably looking at the likes of Origi as cover for the wide AM spots, we haven't even got Ojo as he's on loan at Wolves.
The way Ibe and Lallana have started the season you'd think Brendan would want as many options on the bench as possible, I don't think it's a coincidence that our 1 decent performance so far this campaign was a game where neither of them started!
We have got premier league games, league cup games, F.A cup games and Europa league games to play this season, one or two injuries and we are going to be in trouble.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:55 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:
redshade » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:00 pm wrote:Wanted to see him feature this season a bit more but sadly he is at the back of our list. I really don't know what we will do with Lazar. His still young and has got time to prove himself.
I think BR should have sent Ibe on loan and kept Lazar with the squad.

Yeah, Ibe and Lallana have basically stunk the place out so far this season yet they are the ones staying. I really can't understand the logic behind this, our squad isn't that deep where we can afford to send players like Markovic out on loan.

Ibe and Lallana are better players it's simple as that. Marko had lots of opportunity last year and he stunk was very lightweight and looked mentally very weak and confused.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:35 am

only me » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55

Ibe and Lallana are better players it's simple as that. Marko had lots of opportunity last year and he stunk was very lightweight and looked mentally very weak and confused.

I disagree mate, I don't think Ibe and Lallana are better players than him.
Those opportunities you speak of have been mostly at wing back and let's face it as good as Coutinho is if his Liverpool career hinged on how well he played wing back he'd be going out on loan too. Markovic is an AM not a WB and it's unfair to judge him on anything but his preferred position.
I really don't understand what the club are doing, we buy one of Europe's top young talents for £20m but play him out of position and expect him to be the finished article at 20? Look at the work Ferguson had to put in with Ronaldo, Markovic won't even be 22 until the end of not this season but the one after that, that's how young he is, but we are as good as writing him off already.
This doesn't reflect well on Rodgers at all for me, he is given a top young talent to develop and he has obviously failed, he talks a good game about developing young players but what he is essentially doing is just giving them a chance, giving them a chance is not the same as developing them, me or you could sit in the managers chair and pick 7 or 8 of our U21 side to play in the first team but that is not developing them.
Developing players is what Ferguson did with Ronaldo, he took a show boater with erratic decision making who couldn't hit a cows @rse with a banjo and turned him into a prolific goalscorer and one of the best players in the world.
I'm starting to think Rodgers is a bluff merchant who talks a good game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Really disappointed to see Lazar being loaned out, because I don't think we'll ever see him back in a red shirt, which is a shame as he's got bags of potential.

Personally, I would have given him a run out in a 3 man attack with Firmino and Benteke, but sadly BR has thought differently. I've not seen anything in Ibe to suggest he should be in the first team, although perhaps Lallana will benefit from playing higher up the field.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Devastated the lad is going as along with Teixeira he was the only player that had no ceiling on how good he can become ,I had a feeling he would be shown the door as Captain Anal never had the first clue how to utilise the kid ,same with Teixeira . I mean look at Sherwood he threw Traore straight in to the Palace game and his pace  scared them to death. These are future superstars we are tossing away ,Markovic was one of the most coveted young players in Europe when we secured his signature, and as a committee purchase and being played as WB by that absolute dickhead he never stood a fucking chance.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Sorry lads I don't buy into the theory that Markovic was the next Cristiano Ronaldo. Not in a million years.

Positives - pace, acceleration.

Negatives - lightweight, plays with his head down therefore poor at playing in colleagues, erratic finisher, heavy first touch.

Positionally and in terms of tackling he lacked too, but I can forgive him those for not being a natural wingback. His other negatives were the case whether he played wingback or further forward, so his position is no excuse.

I'll predict now that he will never be a regular fixture in an elite European side. Arguably we aren't even in that category at present and he's not been good enough for us either. Why am I confident on this? Never has there been a top player who played with his head down. Never.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion